Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Some comments on RE6's reviews are.. quite amazing.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By audioBusting

From Joystiq's comment section:

Gaming review sites are turning into the liberal media. You can't trust them for anything, they're biased, and they think Call of Duty and Madden deserves a 9/10 every year when it's literally the same game.

I can't say anything nor care any less about Resident Evil 6's quality (I don't plan on getting it), but I was just curious enough to see the comment sections for the low-score reviews (e.g. Joystiq, Gamespot). Wow. It seems like every argument against reviews (bias, omission of positives, unfairness, etc) is being used in addition to plain insults. I'm starting to wonder if most of them are actually trolls, especially since that same commenter dissed someone's mother because they said they didn't like the demo. Those comments were just as bad as the ones on that WSJ Borderlands 2 review, so I guess it might not matter if a review's actually good or not to get a lot of flak. Thoughts?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

My thoughts? People on the internet are stupid.

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By wordfalling

I love comment blocker extensions.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FlarePhoenix

Alright here is the math:

A regular person with an opinion + someone with a differing opinion + someway to respond to said opinion + an audience + complete anonymity = angry person who hurls every insult they can at the person with the differing opinion, because they don't have to fear any consequences.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By peritus

It's just the internet being the internet.

Its probably true that some reviews are biased or even bought but there's plenty of real ones aswell. You know, like the giant bomb ones. ( well quicklooks instead of reviews, but i prefer a QL over a review anyway. )

Also fanboys/girls are way louder then regular gaming folk.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

Having been a 14 year old on the internet, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By groin

This is what happens when people that have more time than money save 6 months of their allowance to buy a game. People are looking for validation of their purchase. Nobody wants to admit that they made a bad decision.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack268

Yeah, giving Call of Duty now 9/10 is pretty stupid.

Avatar image for jigsawintospace
    JigsawIntoSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JigsawIntoSpace

The main problem with the internet is that everyone appears to be equal. In real life, if you hear some 14 year old say something as ridiculously stupid as you hear on a forum everyday, you just laugh it off and say "shiiitt, that kid is dumb." Eventually, you just assume everyone is 14 on the internet until proven otherwise.

1st2die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 1st2die

I listen to the reasoning of the score and try to validate what they said with the score. Sometimes when I watch an IGN or Gamespot video review they seem to praise the game only to see it get a low score. The negatives they list are barely mentioned.

So I just go with the other party. Normal individual websites that give honest opinions. Hell I sometimes even go to forums :)

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Need I remind you of the Wall Street Journal Borderlands 2 review? In case I do here it is. Sometimes the hate reviews get is deserved...most of the time however, not really. With that said I'd stop reading any sort of comments if I were you, especially those on youtube.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Zekhariah

I'm hoping Tom Chick reviews it. For some reason I like that guys prospective, even when I can't decide whether it will score 5/5 or 1/5 in this case.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By LarryDavis

I don't know why people even pay attention to scores anymore. I don't think I've seen anything get lower than a 4/10 or its equivalent in the past few years, despite being total garbage. Occasionally you get obvious shovelware that merits a humorous review, but that's about it. 8 is the new average.

AsperGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AsperGamer

@audioBusting said:

From Joystiq's comment section:

Gaming review sites are turning into the liberal media.

More like Fox News if you ask me.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colourful_hippie

Never take comment sections seriously because those guys take everything seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.