Sooo did Carla? (SPOILERS)

#1 Posted by ToTheNines (713 posts) -

..recreate Albert Wesker? I had a stronge feeling an Albert Wesker lookalike was going to pop out of that Caccoon before Ada shot it to shits at the end of her campaign. She did have Jakes blood after all. I know there might not be an answer to this, I just went through the campaign on amateur, cause I found that the most enjoyable/tolerable. So I have no idea if you get any answers on second playthroughs or if the collectable logs explain anything. Overall I'd just be interested in you guys take on the ending of Ada's campaign.

Also where did Dereks love for Ada come from? That seemed hell of random. But then again, it's resident evil.

#2 Edited by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

It's all explained in the files in ''Special Features''. No, Carla didn't recreate Wesker, though she did use Jake's blood to create an enhanced variant of the C-Virus, which is why Derek and then Carla herself turned into the messed up shit while everyone else just became J'avo.

Derek also had this affection for Ada because they used to work together, and he then grown some creepy fascination with her. It's fucking ludicrous how much is left out of the main game's own plot and is instead shoehorned as text. At least RE5 put all of that history exposition memos in the game itself for you to find and read.

EDIT: Oh, there's also this ''Family'' which is essentially RE6's own equivalent of the Illuminati who have been secretly running things for centuries now... That's why Derek started the whole Tall Oaks outbreak, so as to shut up Adam before he confesses to the world that Derek was involved with... nuking Raccoon City I think? It's all so ridiculously scattered.

Online
#3 Edited by ToTheNines (713 posts) -

@Yummylee: Sounds like a watered down metal gear with zombies. I haven't found very many emblems so I'm severely lacking in story filler and I don't really feel like hunting em down. Anyway, thanks!

I was a little disappointed with her shooting the caccoon and the entire lab, cause I saw a male hand popping out and felt like it was leading up to something big that might actually surprise me. But apparently not.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

@NinesSC2 said:

@Yummylee: Sounds like a watered down metal gear with zombies.

Clones, Patriots derivative, fighting against a 'Rex'... yeah, that's actually a suitable way to summarise it.

Online
#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

It's all explained in the files in ''Special Features''. No, Carla didn't recreate Wesker, though she did use Jake's blood to create an enhanced variant of the C-Virus, which is why Derek and then Carla herself turned into the messed up shit while everyone else just became J'avo.

Derek also had this affection for Ada because they used to work together, and he then grown some creepy fascination with her. It's fucking ludicrous how much is left out of the main game's own plot and is instead shoehorned as text. At least RE5 put all of that history exposition memos in the game itself for you to find and read.

EDIT: Oh, there's also this ''Family'' which is essentially RE6's own equivalent of the Illuminati who have been secretly running things for centuries now... That's why Derek started the whole Tall Oaks outbreak, so as to shut up Adam before he confesses to the world that Derek was involved with... nuking Raccoon City I think? It's all so ridiculously scattered.

To be fair... Bioshock had a similar story approach. You had the main story in front of your eyes about Andrew Ryan and you being mind controlled yada yada but if you wanted to know about the History between Ryan and Fontaine or delve into how the little sisters came to be that stuff was tucked away in the audio logs.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

It's all explained in the files in ''Special Features''. No, Carla didn't recreate Wesker, though she did use Jake's blood to create an enhanced variant of the C-Virus, which is why Derek and then Carla herself turned into the messed up shit while everyone else just became J'avo.

Derek also had this affection for Ada because they used to work together, and he then grown some creepy fascination with her. It's fucking ludicrous how much is left out of the main game's own plot and is instead shoehorned as text. At least RE5 put all of that history exposition memos in the game itself for you to find and read.

EDIT: Oh, there's also this ''Family'' which is essentially RE6's own equivalent of the Illuminati who have been secretly running things for centuries now... That's why Derek started the whole Tall Oaks outbreak, so as to shut up Adam before he confesses to the world that Derek was involved with... nuking Raccoon City I think? It's all so ridiculously scattered.

To be fair... Bioshock had a similar story approach. You had the main story in front of your eyes about Andrew Ryan and you being mind controlled yada yada but if you wanted to know about the History between Ryan and Fontaine or delve into how the little sisters came to be that stuff was tucked away in the audio logs.

What... Jesus, you'll defend just about anything to do with this game won't you. At least the audio logs are actually in the game for you to find and not tucked away in a completely different menu. The audio logs are also perfectly entwined with the overall design and structure of the story; it's nigh impossible for you to skip over enough audio logs that you don't understand the actual story. RE6 on the other hand barely makes any sense if one is to just stick to the campaigns.

Online
#7 Posted by RAMBO604 (137 posts) -

Again this is probably in files (which definitely should have been in the game) but was the real Carla Ramades, Derek's wife or an associate? They show that picture of the two of them a couple of times near the end of the game. It is obvious he didn't pick a random off the street to clone Ada with but just wondering why her.

#8 Posted by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

@RAMBO604: She was recruited to work for him and she was the one that created the C-Virus.. She tried to gain his praise and when he recognized her devotion to him, he used her for the Ada project..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.