Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Weird, game-changing difference in split-screen co-op.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Has anyone played split-screen co-op yet? I started Leon's campaign with a friend, and we found ourselves scrounging for ammo and health, often running out of both and having a very hard time getting through.

When I got home, I continued my campaign online, and realized that for online co-op, both of the players can pick up all of the items, but you can't share them with eachother, however in split-screen co-op, there is a "give item" option for everything in your inventory.

That being said, playing online co-op is a million times easier than playing split-screen, I'm just extremely confused as to why there would be such a major difference between the two.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Weird. I haven't played RE6 in split-screen (done some online coop, though) and I figured they took out the option to share supplies between characters completely.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BlackLagoon

Possibly to avoid the item duplication trick from RE5, where people would (IIRC) give the other something and then quit without saving. Seems a rather heavy handed solution though.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's just weird and that it completely changes the way the game is played. In online co-op i usually have an excess of ammo and items, and it's not really a problem. It split-screen I found myself and my friend talking to eachother all the time about how to manage the ammo and herbs, and who would get what. It just felt like a completely different game.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Genkkaku

I only played online and when my mate said the item's didn't dupe for both players I thought it was just glitched but this explains alot..

Maybe it's there weird way of encouraging online co-op

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is really bizarre. The only bit I have played of this game was Leon`s entire campaign and only in local co-op. We too had to be very careful with resources and often had little ammo between us. The fact that online c-op is not like that is just bizarre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

yup same here; it actually made the game more enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.