What do you think of the demo?

#1 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I beat the three levels about ten minutes ago. I've got mixed feelings. It feels very unpolished and the textures seems murky. Compared to RE5's demo, I'm not very impressed. I almost feel like RE5 looks and plays better, but that may be because I've played only a tiny amount of time. Also, I'm not sure I understand the over-complicated menus. Anyways, I'm cautiously looking forward Jake's campaign, because it was the one that seemed the most fun to me.

Overall, i'm still looking forward to purchase the full game but the demo didn't impress me.

#2 Posted by Fawkes (233 posts) -

I think these are the worst controls of any RE game ever. Although, I never had a problem with RE controls, so maybe I'm the problem here.

I was pretty hyped for this game up until playing it. It was a pretty disappointing demo.

#3 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

The camera felt too loose and either the guns suck ass or the enemies are now bullet sponges and should be melee attacked most of the time(talking about Chris's Scenario) haven't played the other guy but Leon's Scenario was ok, I am not hyped now but I am sure I will be near release, Day 1 purchase from me.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@NMC2008 said:

The camera felt too loose and either the guns suck ass or the enemies are now bullet sponges and should be melee attacked most of the time(talking about Chris's Scenario) haven't played the other guy but Leon's Scenario was ok, I am not hyped now but I am sure I will be near release, Day 1 purchase from me.

Why are you buying the game Day one if you don't like to demo?

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

Dude wut.

I mean I know the title isn't blatantly asking for people's thoughts, but c'mon! There's already a pretty well established conversation going on in there about ze peoples views on the demo. =/

#6 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@NMC2008 said:

Why are you buying the game Day one if you don't like to demo?

Because I am a fan of RE and it's a demo, I am sure this build is old and is being worked on, my issues were minor and can be fixed seemingly easily, and since I trust in Capcom(I know I know), I will be buying Day 1, like I did with RE5, shit if I let demos put me off of buying a game then I wouldn't have a good amount of the games I own, specifically Tales of Vesperia, terrible demo.

#7 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Is this for the 360 only. Did MS pay 50millon for a timed exclusive demo AGAIN?

#8 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6186 posts) -

The game is so darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk. Had to tune the brightness up a lot.

#9 Posted by Zleunamme (651 posts) -

The purpose of the demo was to incentivize people into buying Dragon's Dogma for Xbox 360. I am not thrilled that I will have to wait a while to try to game-- for PS3. The RE 5 demo did not do very well when it came out. That didn't discourage me from buying that game. I'll give RE 6 a chance.

#10 Posted by EliteCreations (28 posts) -

I'm still confused, are you able to switch between Leon/Helena, Jake/Sherry, Chris/Piers in their respective campaigns? Or are you only able to control a character depending on the scenario of the scene. For example, are you only able to play Sherry in that one part where you're facing the "Nemesis" demo, if you guys know what I'm talking about? Or are you able to switch to Jake and play as him.

Or even when you're in the Leon campaign and you're going through that dark hall room with the chairs everywhere. Are you able to play as Helena in that scene?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.