Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 26, 2000

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica is a survival horror video game initially developed and published by Capcom for the SEGA Dreamcast. It was later released for Sony PlayStation 2 and GameCube with improved graphics.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD or a Resident Evil(GC) HD?

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

Well fair enough, they are already doing Code Veronica X HD so oh well...anyways..

Recently I played through both Resident Evil(GC) and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X(PS2), both I was already extremely familiar with from their launch dates, so it's been a long time.
    As far as the quality goes for what Resident Evil means (to me, at least) I can't help but really hate the idea Code Veronica is getting a HD remake - sure back in the day it looked spectacular(DC release) but the weird actiony/sci-fi/cockblock boss possibilities/AWFUL TO ENDURE CUT SCENES >< just left me hating Code Veronica after this recent play through.

Whilst Resident Evil, as horribly scripted as it is, it still holds an eerie vibe, some tense moments and some fun puzzles to solve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on anything Resident Evil is - but as far as both these titles go I'd MUCH prefer a Resident Evil(GC) HD upgrade.

What about you guys? I guess if anything I'm asking about what people enjoyed about Veronica reading back through this post ;p

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Code Veronica is the only Resident Evil game I had to force myself to finish, so you can probably derive a lot from that. It's too long, too backtrack heavy, the boss battles are retarded (the tyrant on the plane comes to mind) and the story is stupid even by Resident Evil standards. You're right that REmake should be given preferential treatment, but maybe the dreamcast nostalgia surrounding CV makes it more marketable? I dunno. I think I'm more excited by the prospect of replaying RE 4 for points.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I'd really like a RE3 HD remake, but if it was between the remake and CV: X, I'd probably go with the remake. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

Code Veronica is the worst one.  

I'd much rather have the GC remake of RE and RE0.

MrMcdougal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MrMcdougal

Code Veronica is the only classic style RE game i know of that had full 3d environments so im assuming thats why it was chosen for the HD release.     If they were to make the gamecube version of RE1 HD they would have to completely  redo all those prerendered backgrounds because they cant just change the field of view on them to make em 16x9 like they can with a fully 3d game.  

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dichemstys

I just finished Code Veronica for the first time today and it was pretty long. I felt like I had to make myself finish it. Nemesis was pretty succinct and I loved it. RE3 REMAKE. NOW.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Moztacular

Code veronica is my least played game in the series (I've beaten RE 2 probably close to two dozen times) and I just played through the GC remake recently and I'm with the OP that it'd be great to see that game put out in HD over coder veronica.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

@MrMcdougal said:

Code Veronica is the only classic style RE game i know of that had full 3d environments so im assuming thats why it was chosen for the HD release. If they were to make the gamecube version of RE1 HD they would have to completely redo all those prerendered backgrounds because they cant just change the field of view on them to make em 16x9 like they can with a fully 3d game.

You can run the Gamecube version of Resident Evil in an emulator and have it render at 1080P, it looks freaking fantastic so I don't see why they couldn't release it again on the 360 or PS3 with a resolution bump. It doesn't really need much else doing to it.

Maybe there's some sort of licensing issue with Nintendo.

Anyway here's Resident Evil on Dolphin, behold!

Funnily enough it kinda looks better than a lot of current gen games... the benefits of pre-rendered backgrounds eh!

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By boboblaw

Code Veronica is the only RE i've ever finished, I thought it was great. I played the original Resident Evil back on the saturn and it was decent (since I had a saturn I didn't get 2/3).

I also have the REmake on the Gamecube so I don't need it again, I guess the same with Code Veronica although it could use a HD touchup more then the REmake.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

Never played Code Veronica. I thought the two were coming in a pack? 

Anyway, I'm just getting RE4 on my 360. I've only gotten past the gigantic fish thing, and up to there was great, but I loved RE5 and can't wait to play what is often considered the better of the two over-the-shoulder RE games.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By HotSauceMagik

This is odd to me.  I feel like i've heard many people say the CV was their favorite/best RE to date.  I played it up to the nemesis/airplane battle.  I was saved with little health and no weapons and could never get past it so it was bunk for me.  I've played the GC remake a few times.  And I watched a buddy play 3. 
     To answer the question, I'd rather see CV done again I guess since 1 on the GC still looks really good.  In fact, remake all the REs with prerendered backgrounds and I'll take that shit to the bank.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Code Veronica is one of my favorite RE games, even with it's flaws. When these HD remakes of CV and RE4 were announced the first thing that came to my mind was "there needs to be a HD release of the GC remake". I doubt Nintendo has anything to do with why there isn't one, as they didn't have anything to do with it's development or publishing. It was part of a deal with Capcom for a bunch of GC exclusives but I believe some of the titles in that deal made it to other platforms eventually. Whatever the case I'm in for RE HD whatever-the-fuck-they-release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.