nephilimwraith's Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Greatest Hits) (PlayStation) review

One Of The Best Games On The Xbox 360

The original Resident Evil although ten years old, is still one of those videogame classics that we just don't forget. The game franchise has spawned two motion pictures and another still in the making.

Capcom is the king of the zombie videogame universe with such titles as Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, Dead Rising, Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and #2, Resident Evil 4, and even remakes of the first three.

The original Resident Evil started it all, for Capcom. Resident Evil was released March 30, 1996, with a great gameplay mechanism, camera angles, and the creepy moans of the zombie residents. Although a great game it seems so far, it still has its flaws. One of the flaws, is that of the voice acting. One of the most notable qoutes of the game is: "Here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you." The other flaw is that of storing items. You can only carry eight items which is not enough, although there are storage boxes scattered in the game, there are not enough of them. I found myself having to go to a storage box that was far away to just get an item that was needed to progress through the game. You usually do this a lot of times.

Resident Evil is a great game that should not be missed. With great gameplay and good storyline to keep you on your toes, Resident evil is winner!
Posted by NephilimWraith

One Of The Best Games On The Playstation One.

Sorry, huge typo error.

Posted by BR4DL3I9H

Lol, i was going to say...xbox 360?
This was/is a great game, although i personally wouldn't classify the limited slots as a flaw because it was a design choice, to make the game harder. Although i totally agree about the terrible voice acting, just awful. Now just roll on number 5.