Are You Buying Operation Raccoon City Next Week?

#1 Posted by falserelic (5280 posts) -

Now I have talked mad shit about this game I'm not going to deny that. But if this game turnsout good I might consider checking it out. Anyway are you going to buy this game on launch day?

#2 Posted by L4Dplaya19103 (39 posts) -

I wish i could bring myself to, but i'm afraid not. I looks like something i could actually really enjoy, but at the same time it all just looks so weird.

#3 Posted by RecSpec (3754 posts) -

It's not good. It's okay if you're interested in all things RE, but as it's own game, it's nothing special.  

Also a fucking nightmare to play alone.

#4 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Yes, because I'm weak. I know it'll be just an arcadey shooter, but I have to.

#5 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

i'll probably wait for PC version if the game get decent reviews.

#6 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

Nope. Still looks like it plays too much like Socom Confrontation. That means weirdly loose movement and shooting.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9524 posts) -

Yeah but I'm dumb so don't act like me.

Unless you want to play it co-op with me.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18894 posts) -

Going to wait and see reviews first.

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4675 posts) -

No, Ninja Gaiden 3 comes out that same day.

#10 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1799 posts) -

@Brodehouse: i will ;]

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6055 posts) -

I'm not particularly interested in the Resident Evil franchise, so no.

Also, there's a good chance this game is the last shot that Slant Six Games has. They were working on Star Wars: Battlefront Online prior to this, but it was cancelled. They made SOCOM: Confrontation, which got terrible reviews, though it might've sold alright in the first week or two. And they made 2 PSP SOCOM games, which can't have sold that well given that the only commercially successful PSP games were the ones that were huge hits in Japan.

#12 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

Nope. Nothing about it looks especially interesting, I'm trying to save for the new iPad, and it isn't supposed to be all that good.

#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Nope I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin.

#14 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Nope, got too many game to play already!

#15 Posted by 1337W422102 (1003 posts) -

Hell no.

#16 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

yes

#17 Posted by Mr402 (136 posts) -

Rental if it has a online pass I'll pay that to play with people for a bit then send it back. The developer ruined the Socom series so I don't have much hope other then some quick novelty before the glaring issues arise.

#18 Posted by Dezztroy (771 posts) -

Well, word is that the game is pretty shit.

I might get it if the eventual PC port is good.

#19 Posted by Grixxel (762 posts) -

I'll wait and see what more people think about it.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5280 posts) -

I read the ign preview they said the game was bad. Even though I never had hope for this game to be successful. It might sell well sense its a online resident evil game.

#21 Posted by Harpo989 (4 posts) -

Not next week, no. I'm not the biggest fan of RE, but that would seem to be an advantage with this game.

When it gets cheaper/a decent PC port comes out, I'll probably convince my friends to get it and play co-op for a week or so before shelving it. But honestly, that won't be until much, much later.

Unless it really is just total shit.

#22 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

That comes out next week?

#23 Posted by falserelic (5280 posts) -

@FilipHolm: yep.

#24 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Have it preordered on ShopTo.net, was incredibly excited for it until I came here and saw all the negative responses. Questioning whether to cancel it and order the DMC HD collection instead

#25 Posted by Voxus (316 posts) -

I'll wait for the price drop.

WHO IS COMING WITH ME??

#26 Posted by Spoonman671 (4531 posts) -

Probably not.

#27 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

I am using all my strength as a re fanatic to wait for reviews. But I have 30 bucks in bestbuy gift cards just in case

#28 Posted by DeF (4778 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

It's not good.

how do you know?

regardless, it's a bargain bin game for me.

#29 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Already have. Preordered and paid for a while back; £34, I'm willing to accept that. It's not going to be great (especially from a critic point of view), but I'm one of the loons who put like 245 hours into the original Outbreak game (and the UK version didn't even have online... yeah), so the general consensus I am not when it comes to a lot of things Resident Evil.

But I can already tell that it's not going to be a game I'd want to play solo, so...

Alright chums, less does this: OORAH!... Anyone? =(
#30 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Going to pick it up at the end of the month,Really hope it isn't bad :-/ ...

#31 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

Normally, I'd wait until it dropped in price, but at least three of my friends are getting it due to their Resident Evil nerdiness, and I might have to pick it up just because I'll have people to play it with. That said, if the reviews are terrible, I won't get it.

#32 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Yeah, need a new 4player co-op game, losing interest in ME3 rapidly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.