E3 2011: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City B-Roll

#1 Posted by sawfish22 (237 posts) -

yes 

#2 Posted by vinsanity09 (210 posts) -

meh

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

Dammit, Corey, put up the Off The Record trailer already! One of my favourite trailers from E3. As for Operation: Raccoon City.. it's... not looking so great. I didn't have all too high hopes for it, but it all looks really loose and the gun sound effects sound pretty weak. Early development and all that of course, and I'll still most likely get this for the sake of my weird disorder that impulses me to buy close to every RE game - no matter how far they stray (and burn) from what RE is meant to be about.

#4 Edited by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Eeeeeuuu... *awkwardly pulls collar*

#5 Posted by Toxin066 (3279 posts) -

Looked like a darker L4D. Was team attack what caused the bleeding at the 25 sec mark? I like what they're doing with the "you get mobbed, you become a zombie" thing. But I think I'm done with zombies for a long while.

#6 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains.
What is this vampire rain?

#7 Edited by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Looking pretty bad, Capcom! Really shows how great a company you are when you greenlight this instead of localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2.
 
Thumbs up you magnificent fuckers.
 
No I'm not mad, nuh-uh. No sir.

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

I saw a 10 minute stage demo on Gamespot and it looked fun. Dead Island looks better, though.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
They hunger for flesh, and the smell of blood would naturally give notice to some skin, if ya'na saiyan. Really, when do zombies ever even strive for brains in particular anyway? They don't discriminate; they completely devour everything.
#10 Posted by BloodCurse (35 posts) -

More interested than I thought I would be.
#11 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
They hunger for flesh, and the smell of blood would naturally give notice to some skin, if ya'na saiyan. Really, when do zombies ever even strive for brains in particular anyway? They don't discriminate; they completely devour everything.
The only word zombies can say is "braaaains"
#12 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
They hunger for flesh, and the smell of blood would naturally give notice to some skin, if ya'na saiyan. Really, when do zombies ever even strive for brains in particular anyway? They don't discriminate; they completely devour everything.
The only word zombies can say is "braaaains"
Night of The Living Dead Zombies from the 80s and early 90s maybe. When has any zombie even uttered that motivation without being a parody? Even Romero's original zombies never had that catch-phrase.
#13 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
They hunger for flesh, and the smell of blood would naturally give notice to some skin, if ya'na saiyan. Really, when do zombies ever even strive for brains in particular anyway? They don't discriminate; they completely devour everything.
The only word zombies can say is "braaaains"
Night of The Living Dead Zombies from the 80s and early 90s maybe. When has any zombie even uttered that motivation without being a parody? Even Romero's original zombies never had that catch-phrase.
I don't know
#14 Posted by leftzero101 (86 posts) -

This looks terrible.
#15 Posted by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -

seems like there is a lot going on. fighting zombies plus the other team.

#16 Edited by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
They hunger for flesh, and the smell of blood would naturally give notice to some skin, if ya'na saiyan. Really, when do zombies ever even strive for brains in particular anyway? They don't discriminate; they completely devour everything.
The only word zombies can say is "braaaains"
Night of The Living Dead Zombies from the 80s and early 90s maybe. When has any zombie even uttered that motivation without being a parody? Even Romero's original zombies never had that catch-phrase.
I don't know

It came from african rituals of raising the dead, and from there went to a need for brains. Then Romero happened.

#17 Posted by Klaimore (946 posts) -

Hmm... if it wasn't for the fact that this game has the signature Resident Evil monsters we are used to I would have no idea that this would be a Resident Evil game it doesn't have that feel.

#18 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

another cover-based third-person shooter?

#19 Posted by captainawesomo (181 posts) -

Nah yo

#20 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

LOL Capcom, What is this...I don't even...
 
Is this what Capcom had in mind when they saw L4D get hells a popular? I mean honestly, I watched this and thought "What the fuck?" No fucking wonder Inafune left Capcom.
 
This is shit!

#21 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

OMFG the video doesn't work. 
No D:
#22 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -
@Lebensbaum said:

another cover-based third-person shooter?

But this is different! You have zombies and the other guys. The amount of strategy that's used would be astounding.
 
No, fuck this game and fuck capcom.
#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Resident Evil up the ass.

#24 Posted by NobodyHereButUsTrees (92 posts) -

Meh.

#25 Posted by TKRunningRiot (2 posts) -

The gunplay looks rather weak......I like the concept though

#26 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

um yeahhhhh this game doesnt look great...

#27 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

My feelings on this are mixed....

Online
#28 Posted by Nightfang (378 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
Zombies don't hunger for blood, they hunger for brains. What is this vampire rain?
zombies haven't been eating brain's for years, where have you been.
#29 Posted by VIP0R (6 posts) -

I thought Zombies hungered for BRAAAINZ and not Blood?!  Or are they Vampire zombies?! =O

#30 Posted by neckface (61 posts) -

Most Miserable Gun Sounds of Show 2011

#31 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

Looking nice. Much better than what I thought at first!

#32 Posted by Suigyoken (188 posts) -

Well... this looks kinda alrig- "YOU ARE BLEEDING. ZOMBIES WILL HUNGER FOR YOU."

Nevermind.

#33 Posted by geirr (2529 posts) -

As people already said, the zombies wanting brains is something bad comedies in the 80s

and 90s added to make zombies "cute". That's kinda where it zombies lost all hope of ever

being scary again, so thanks Hollywood.

REGARDLESS, I kinda like this game.. it looks hectic and I'd love to play it and get dead.

#34 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

IS NICE! 

Moderator
#35 Posted by DeathbyYeti (743 posts) -

We got that b roll

#36 Posted by ptys (1933 posts) -

Combat looks like they're figuring what will work in the next game but I don't care much for an Res. game that doesn't involve the cast from the original two. Revelations for 3DS looks excellent!

#37 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

This is just telling me to not buy it.. Even though I am trying to convince myself that I like this

#38 Posted by InertiaticESP (61 posts) -

This looks terrible. It just doesn't look fun at all. It looks like utter crap in fact. And I like most of the recent RE games. Capcom is milking their franchise because they've realized they have no where to go but down after RE4 and 5.

#39 Posted by RadioactiveGazz (98 posts) -

This doesn't look so good.

#40 Posted by Perlosia (2 posts) -

am i the only one seing the potential in this as MP goes? 2 teams pitted against each other with the zombies as the 3rd "team" and if you hit ppl enough but dont kill them, you have to look out for zombies as well... 
 
i want it, but thats just me being a Resident evil-i-will-even-buy-weird-ass-games-on-the-license fan

#41 Posted by MeatSim (10834 posts) -

Those gun sound effects are really weak.

#42 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Why are they shooting cap guns?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.