I got it from capcom today

#1 Edited by Fahrenheit (85 posts) -

Plays good, got the city sign with it. A little generic and a little too Clive Barker for the characters designs. I don't know when Umbrella went to fetish nazi uniforms but meh whatever. I only played the first chapter, wanna play the game with bros in co op. Anyone wanna play?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

How does the shooting feel? And have you tried playing it solo just to see how the friendly AI holds up? From some previews I've seen, it looks laughably horrendous; like I think I remember seeing Vector getting impatient and just constantly running and rolling into a door. It was definitely solo play, though, rather than some loon, that much I can distinctly recall.

#3 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Definitely looking for some honest opinion on this game, excited since announcement but all this hate has put me off the game. Hopefully it'll get the TNT treatment or atleast some decent coverage from the site

#4 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2233 posts) -

What are your overall impressions of it?

I haven't been too into any of the RE games; I watched my roommate beat RE4 many years ago, and I played probably half of RE5 in co-op before I got over it, so I'm less interested in how good of a Resident Evil game it is and rather more interested in how the gameplay itself is.

#5 Posted by Fahrenheit (85 posts) -

All I have played is single player, shooting feels good but not as good as Gears of War. I really like how the cover system works. You just walk up to cover and you duck behind it. The story is kinda derp in the way they are trying to act like this stuff really went on during the events of RE2. The AI is decent at most times and in the way the rest of the time. Really fun for what it is.

Waiting for people to co op with till I really sink my teeth in. I can play starting monday night.

#6 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2233 posts) -

@Fahrenheit said:

All I have played is single player, shooting feels good but not as good as Gears of War. I really like how the cover system works. You just walk up to cover and you duck behind it. The story is kinda derp in the way they are trying to act like this stuff really went on during the events of RE2. The AI is decent at most times and in the way the rest of the time. Really fun for what it is.

Waiting for people to co op with till I really sink my teeth in. I can play starting monday night.

How are the enemies? Is it a bunch of shambling zombies or do they all run, or are the more creatures like in Dead Space/The end of RE4/5?

A 4 player third person zombie game is what interests me the most, but not if its just a bunch of shamblers.

#7 Posted by Fahrenheit (85 posts) -

So far all the enemies have been human soilders except one. Granted i'm only a chapter in.

#8 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Wait, does this game actually have some sort of single-player campaign? I was under the impression it was a multiplayer focused game.

#9 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I started to really despise the shooting and I started to just run to the objective and avoid enemies altogether. Shooting really doesn't feel that great, coupled with the fact that I had to max out the sensitivity because of how slow you aim. Also, the framerate drops quite a bit.

I also thought killing my infected teammate and then reviving them right after was kind of dumb, but oh well.

#10 Edited by vorpalparasite (276 posts) -

I played the campaign solo, the AI is kinda bad, they sometimes walk into fire and trip mines. If you play alone and you go down your AI pals can't pick you up, nor can they pick each other up. There's no weapon upgrades or attachments, you just purchase different weapons with XP, each character has 2 passive abilities, and 3 active, but you can only choose 1 active at a time. Best advice I could give is don't play alone.

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I am waiting for reviews on this one. I love re to death but after reading some poor previews I need to wait

#12 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

Wait, does this game actually have some sort of single-player campaign? I was under the impression it was a multiplayer focused game.

Yeah it has one, I don't think it's anything to write home about though. Although it's not really single-player, it's just the co-op campaign with bots.

Fun fact: I picked up a weapon in a multiplayer game and it crashed my Xbox.

#13 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2233 posts) -

@Fahrenheit said:

So far all the enemies have been human soilders except one. Granted i'm only a chapter in.

That... sounds lame. Unless that was just a short like "prologue" before the real horrific enemies come in.

If you got much farther into it, how are the zombies? Are there big hordes of them, or are there just a few really strong ones you need to work together to take down?

#14 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

That's a cool road sign.

#15 Posted by Omelet_Pants (165 posts) -

I just played for a couple hours, and man, this game is pretty bad. I'm predicting some pretty bad scores when the reviews come out. I played the first couple levels of campaign with one online partner and two AIs. The game play is basically horde mode: Run here...enter horde mode...shoot a bunch of zombies...run there...enter horde mode...shoot more zombies....repeat. Here is a list of complaints I have: the graphics are pretty bad, everything is too dark (even with the setting adjusted), the gun play is weak, cover system is weak because half the time it doesn't work (you're supposed to just walk up to an object and automatically take cover, but a lot of times, it just left me standing there, then a couple seconds later, it would put me into cover), enemies would just spawn out of thin air, AI is pretty bad. Basically, you just need to get a heavy machine gun and just stand there and shoot everything. I played one game of team deathmatch, and it was actually better than the campaign. I didn't have any fun with this game, but I'll give it another couple hours of game play.

If you guys wanna watch me play, I'll probably stream it on my Twitch channel later tonight. I'll post a link when I start playing.

#16 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

I hate how bad this game looks.

#17 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

That sign is fucking boss! I want one.

#18 Posted by Omelet_Pants (165 posts) -

I'm streaming it right now at: http://www.twitch.tv/unannounced_fart

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Is it worth it if I want to play alone?

#20 Posted by Omelet_Pants (165 posts) -

Ok, so I played a few more hours, and I gotta say that the game is MUCH better when you're playing with 3 other co-op players, as opposed to the AI bots. Once you get used to the somewhat clunky controls, there's some fun to be had.

No, it's not worth it if you're playing alone.

#21 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

That sign looks awesome,I take it that its a pre order bonus or something?

#22 Posted by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

Horde mode? I was under the impression there was some deathmatch and team based stuff where zombies and monsters just happened to be in the boards as well.

#23 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@Sammo21 said:

Horde mode? I was under the impression there was some deathmatch and team based stuff where zombies and monsters just happened to be in the boards as well.

there is that too
#24 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Getting it today after work

360 tag same as name here. Add me if anyone likes, just mention RE:RC in the request

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.