Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Is Real

• 84 results
#51 Posted by Jackel2072 (2248 posts) -

this game could be totally awesome...but i could also seem them fucking this up big time! 

#52 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

This game scares me, and not in a good way.

#53 Posted by MisterMouse (3545 posts) -

it will be nice to actually see more of this game.

#54 Posted by ShoundshLikeFunf (6 posts) -

As long as I can run and shoot at the same time, this will be great. If that isn't the case, I won't stand a chance against the people who don't have to play Resident Evil games on easy.

#55 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

omg new ideas burn it

#56 Posted by Nightfang (378 posts) -

Sounds interesting.

#57 Posted by sommer.derek@gmail.com (30 posts) -

socom confrontation left such a bad first impression, im not excited at all by this. I totally will give them another chance, its just hard to see anything in a resident evil shooter from the team who did socom confrontation

#58 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -

"iconic landmarks" 

CONFIRMED. We will be in the Police Station again!

#59 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

I love Left 4 Dead, I liked Killing Floor, and LOVED Resident Evil 5 online with my friends. I think I'll be enjoying this game too :)

#60 Posted by Lukeweizer (2639 posts) -

Competitive multiplayer? Cause that worked out so well last time.

#61 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

I knew there was a serious lack of spinoffs lately with this franchise...
Seriously, they used to make a ton more before.

#62 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Slant six destroyed SOCOM, so i wouldn't trust them with this game either. They shipped a game that was missing half the features that were on the back of the friggin box, i don't even know how they got away with that.

#63 Posted by ptys (1926 posts) -

I don't want to play co-op! I want sIngle player creepy survival, Capcom officially don't know what they're doing... Scary!

#64 Posted by President_Evil (185 posts) -

...huh?

#65 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

I honestly couldn't care less for this. After RE4, despite it being a good game, it was barely a RE game. I haven't played 5, but it looks meh for a RE game, and okay for an action game. Resident Evil has always been about survival horror, now they seem to be focusing more on action instead. Bad move, if you ask me.

#66 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Miketorreza said:
" Again Capcom handing its huge titles to questionable western developers. Do they really think this will work? First Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory, and now this... Slant Six couldn't even make a game you could actually play at launch and when it worked, you didn't really want to play it anyway. I just hope these don't turn out to be terrible... Actually I guess I do hope these will be terrible so they will stop doing this and put these franchises back in the hands of the people who created them, and made them awesome.   But I guess all of those people worked at Clover, and now Platinum Games or are doing weird team ups with other high profile Japanese devs. Oh well!  "
Well Devil May Cry hasn't come out yet and I think the fan reaction to Dante's new look is stupid, now if the game is garbage go right on ahead and dump on Ninja Theory but it isn't out. Now if you want to look at bad examples of Capcom western developed games Bionic Commando comes to mind.  "
As does Dark Void. "
Dark Void was average in some ways but definitely not bad.
#67 Posted by theillusiveman0 (85 posts) -

well i'll just add this to my list right above ME3 and below elder scrolls 5.  Dammit nearlly forgot about saint's row 3 too, nice year so far!!
#68 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Miketorreza said:
" Again Capcom handing its huge titles to questionable western developers. Do they really think this will work? First Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory, and now this... Slant Six couldn't even make a game you could actually play at launch and when it worked, you didn't really want to play it anyway. I just hope these don't turn out to be terrible... Actually I guess I do hope these will be terrible so they will stop doing this and put these franchises back in the hands of the people who created them, and made them awesome.   But I guess all of those people worked at Clover, and now Platinum Games or are doing weird team ups with other high profile Japanese devs. Oh well!  "
Well Devil May Cry hasn't come out yet and I think the fan reaction to Dante's new look is stupid, now if the game is garbage go right on ahead and dump on Ninja Theory but it isn't out. Now if you want to look at bad examples of Capcom western developed games Bionic Commando comes to mind.  "
As does Dark Void. "
Dark Void was average in some ways but definitely not bad. "
Indeed, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Hopefully a sequel is all the franchise needs to be awesome.
#69 Edited by kamiboy (26 posts) -

I am crossing my fingers that when the overseas outsourced Devil May Cry remake and this Resident Evil, #ugh#, squad based shooter fail miserably, as anyone with any sense for how the western market works could predict then, finally, finally, after over 5 years of disasters CAPCOM's upper management will get the message. 

Stop wasting development resources by outsourcing to overseas studios, there is no future there, this is game development for gods sake, it is a craft, not car manufacturing that can be handed down to the lowest bidder.

#70 Posted by cursormonkey (28 posts) -

It could be interesting if it's done right, but then, it probably won't be.

#71 Posted by Krystal_Sackful (808 posts) -

Wait? The Monster Squad is in this?

#72 Posted by biospank (657 posts) -

need some screens

#73 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@biospank said:
" need some screens "

The second picture at least gives the impression that fixed camera angles may be in effect, though that could just solely be that screenshot. The first shot, though.. after seeing that I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a pre-order bonus Lancer gun skin.
#74 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
@Abyssfull:  Thanks for the screens.
#75 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

Finally! Zombies are back!
#76 Posted by THRICE (167 posts) -

Was the Monster Squad reference intended in the articles caption or is my love for Monster Squad so great I made it into a Monster Squad reference?

#77 Edited by Rohok (554 posts) -
@Miketorreza said:

I'm glad we're not letting Japs make the games anymore. They can't make a believable story or characters worth a damn. I don't want my game characters looking like chicks that want to be dudes. OH LOOK AT ME IM CLOUD I HAVE GIANT SWORD LOLOLOLOLOL I SO PRETTY.

Gay.

Not to mention the dumbshit that thought fixed camera angles were a good idea.
#78 Posted by BBQBram (2212 posts) -
@Rohok: 

/v/ is that way, off you go.
#79 Posted by ProfessorK (821 posts) -

Soooooo, they're making another Outbreak game? Sold!

#80 Edited by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@ProfessorK said:

" Soooooo, they're making another Outbreak game? Sold! "

It looks like that on the surface, though I doubt it'll function much like the Outbreak games before it. This won't be survival horror; it's a traditional third person run n gunner and ammo is supposed to be plentiful. It's more like they're making another SOCOM game, just with zombies. 

I mean it may not be as much a fast paced action game as I'm envisioning, but one thing's for sure: this is hardly Outbreak File 3.
#81 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i have to look into this game. it seems cool idea.

#82 Posted by ProfessorK (821 posts) -
@Abyssfull: You sir have made me sad :(
#83 Posted by Rasgueado (712 posts) -

I heard the Wolfman's got nards.

#84 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -
@BBQBram said:
" @Rohok:   /v/ is that way, off you go. "
Gaiaonline is that way, off you go.
#85 Posted by BBQBram (2212 posts) -
@Rohok:  Just because I dislike prejudice doesn't mean I'm a total weeaboo. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I just though the tone of your post was a bit cynical for these parts. 

And the validity of fixed camera angles as a harbinger of tension could certainly be argumented.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.