Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - Teaser

#1 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

JGonzo on Capcom Unity has posted the teaser for the upcoming game.

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Leon-mutha-S-fucking-Kennedy 

Nice.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

Running+shooting confirmed, congrats to all the whiners! Also as much as I dislike his interpretation of Kennedy, it's respectable to see Paul Mercier still doing the voice of Leon.

#4 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Looks pretty fun!

#5 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Awesome. I properlly shouldnt get hyped for this yet but I still love me some Resi. This game should have some insane-ass battle involving Nemesis.

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

1. Is that Leon's voice from previous games?
2. I have no hope for this game. Slant Six is a garbage developer.

#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

This could either turn out really badly or surprisingly good. There will be no in-between.
At least it seems like the graphics/art style is appropriately gritty.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (21242 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:

" 1. Is that Leon's voice from previous games?  "

Every game (And the Direct-2-DVD Degeneration) minus RE2, yeah.
#9 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" 1. Is that Leon's voice from previous games? 2. I have no hope for this game. Slant Six is a garbage developer. "

I told Christian Svennson the same thing. Speaking frankly, Capcom have already fucked up by outsourcing grail-like franchises to the wrong developers, as well as not giving them adequate supervision, and now they do this. Capcom's risk assessment sucks, haha, I told Yoshinori Ono this also. If they fuck up again, they only have themselves to blame. 

Tango Studios are rumoured to be working on their own game in this genre...  
#10 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1175 posts) -
@Contro: Blue Castle did a great job working closely with Capcom to make Dead Rising 2 before they bought them and Dead Rising 2 is one of favorite games. All hope is not lost yet. But its true i didn't like SOCOM. :(
#11 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6185 posts) -

Looks like take on Left 4 Dead. Can't wait!

#12 Posted by Shimastu (35 posts) -

Pssh I'm excited for Mr.X. Tyrants ROCK! And he looks like he is gonna be in the mix with the other undead.

#13 Posted by killerdud745 (55 posts) -

I really really really really don't want this to turn bad. I love Resident Evil so much. I am excited to see Mr.X return he was a very good part of RE2. I hope we get rookie Leon back instead of wise cracking special agent Leon.

#14 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Needs Tofu or hunk 

#15 Posted by killerdud745 (55 posts) -
@slightconfuse said:
" Needs Tofu or HUNk  "
I have a really good feeling Hunk will be in considering his place in RE2. Tofu would be a very awesome thing to add.
#16 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I need to see some gameplay and HUNK and then maybe this game will have a chance.

#17 Posted by Paarthurnax (22 posts) -

idk i was a fan of the outbreak back in the day. even though it had the clunky moving of the original series and crappy networking. this game just make wonderi if it'll be like an update of that formula or just a clone of L4D

#18 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -

Looks enticing, still probably not enough to make me play co-op.

#19 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.