Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 24, 2015

Revelations 2 sees the return of Claire Redfield, who along with the daughter of Barry Burton, Moira Burton, must try to escape from a monster-infested island. Meanwhile, Barry Burton himself makes his belated return as well in his attempts to save his daughter with the assistance of a little girl called Natalia Korda.

Revelations 2 to be episodic. Update: new trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

As noted on Resident Evil's facebook page, it seems they'll actually be releasing one episode for $5.99 (out of four) per week, before then releasing a physical edition that'll include the whole game for $24.99. You can alternatively buy the whole thing digitally for the same price ala Season Pass style. They also say that buying the complete versions will yield additional content.

Considering the price it looks like this is to be much smaller scale than I expected. Obviously this wasn't going to be the next Resident Evil 7-esque release for the series, but this structure may then hopefully allow them to design more smaller, horror-focussed Resident Evil games while keeping all of the more now traditionally crazy, action stuff to the full priced numbered series.

It's interesting to see that they're at the very least trying some new things with the series, and with the HD port of the remake on its way too, I'm certainly a little more optimistic for the future of Resident Evil.

I'm really quite a fan of Claire's character design, too. That red blazer of hers looks purty bitchin'! Also, it seems that she's wearing one of those bracelets from the teaser trailer. I imagine you use that to read your health condition?

EDIT: Woops, seems I accidentally compiled a concept image from The Evil Within in there... easy mistake? :P

Trailer:

It's basically all of the already released screenshots but in motion. Though it also shows a little of the premise, where it seems Claire and Moira are kidnapped during a Terrasave banquet or whatever. Game looks pretty nice too, with some actual atmosphere about it! I like Claire's jacket physics when she walks <3 Didn't get to hear enough of Claire to determine whether Alyson Court is voicing her or not, though.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

This is indeed an interesting avenue for them to take the series, or at least with Revelations 2. I doubt they'll do the same with Resident Evil 7. Since it doesn't make a lot of sense to have your huge tent pole game split into parts. Maybe Revelations will be their Episodic series, while the mainline games will remain the same. If they're going to be making sequels to their spinoff-side story, then it makes sense to differentiate it from the mainline series.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Sounds pretty damn cool.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is it true that Barry's daughter is going to be in the game? I don't know where I heard that...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

Is it true that Barry's daughter is going to be in the game? I don't know where I heard that...

Yeah, Moira Burton. I made a thread about it even, which might be where you first heard it? x)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Remember how the first Revelations had that faux-episodic structure? I bet this is trying to be like that, but real. $25... is not very much money. Hopefully it won't be half a game on top of that, but I will commend Capcom for at least being experimental with this series. Color me interested. (bonus if they include Raid mode).

It also took me a second to recognize which one was The Evil Within concept art. Man, I hope that game is any good.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@arbitrarywater: Yeah, hopefully the pricing won't mean the game will be exceptionally short or anything. Though a roughly 5-hour long horror game sounds like a good length; the longer the horror game the more chance it has for the actual horror to slowly begin to dissipate.

I am also really curious as to what sort of minigame they'll pack into this. Raid mode seems the most obvious given the precedent , and if that is the case then hopefully this time around they'll have expanded it a little with a bit of a meta-game to it. A statistics screen would be nice at the very least...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

Looks like they won't be fighting zombies, but some kind of mutated monsters. Bummer.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

telltale games inspired a lot of people as it would seem.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Claire seems pissed and in one of those screenshots I had to do a double-take to make sure Moira was actually wearing pants.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai: Yeah, there's shorts, short-shorts and whatever the hell those count as.

I like the idea of an episodic game like @arbitrarywater said revelations was already structured like that, but it reminds me of a good horror anthology, kind of fitting since the original game was an homage to B-movies.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

Looks like they won't be fighting zombies, but some kind of mutated monsters. Bummer.

I think there will still in fact be zombies, they're just focussing on this new ''Afflicted'' enemy since it's, well, new.

@marokai said:

Claire seems pissed and in one of those screenshots I had to do a double-take to make sure Moira was actually wearing pants.

Ha, yeah, Claire's got quite the grimace going on there. And I think it's because of Moira's shirt (or tank top) that's making her short-short-shorts look all the shorter. Also, anyone else think she kinda bears a resemblance to Mary Elizabeth Winstead?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@yummylee said:

@jeust said:

I think there will still in fact be zombies, they're just focussing on this new ''Afflicted'' enemy since it's, well, new.

@marokai said:

Ha, yeah, Claire's got quite the grimace going on there. And I think it's because of Moira's shirt (or tank top) that's making her short-short-shorts look all the shorter. Also, anyone else think she kinda bears a resemblance to Mary Elizabeth Winstead?

The enemy design in the picture, seems some kind of swelled monster.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I doubt these Zombies are just simply afflicted with something, I mean, look at them,They seem to be created by someone, considering their hands and other body parts are merged with certain tools and weapons.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Afflicted is the actual official name for this new enemy type.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@yummylee said:

@bocam said:

Yeah, Moira Burton. I made a thread about it even, which might be where you first heard it? x)

Moira...where's Moira?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By pr1mus

It's actually a dollar cheaper to buy them individually.

I might actually try it for that price.

Now if capcom would be so kind as to fix the madness that is to have the first revelation still priced at 50$ on steam a year and a half after its release...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@yummylee said:

@bocam said:

Moira...where's Moira?

Well I'm sorry, but she's probably...

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@greggd said:

@yummylee said:

@bocam said:

Moira...where's Moira?

Well I'm sorry, but she's probably...

D:

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee

@pr1mus said:

It's actually a dollar cheaper to buy them individually.

I might actually try it for that price.

Oh God you're right... supreme derp on my part >_> Though again they say you'll receive ''additional content'' should you buy the whole thing, so that would explain the slightly increased price.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm guessing this isn't only for current gen consoles? Because some of those shots look rough

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@theacidskull: Afflicted is the actual official name for this new enemy type.

აჰ,sorry, my bad. Still, so far I have seen nothing about the story, so I'm inclined to believe that whoever brought the main protagonist, Clarie, to this island had some plans for them. He's likely the main baddie here too. Plus these afflicted do seem like test subjects more than just victims of the virus.

Just speculating.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looking forward to this. Kinda lame that the only games in the series that focus on being at least a little horror-ish anymore have way lower budgets than the actiony ones, but hey, there's always a chance RE7 will be different if this does well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looking forward to this. Kinda lame that the only games in the series that focus on being at least a little horror-ish anymore have way lower budgets than the actiony ones, but hey, there's always a chance RE7 will be different if this does well.

It is rather ironic how this series now requires its attempts at horror to be delegated to a spin-off series, but such is the way of things unfortunately. As for RE7, who knows? At this point I'd be happy if they just make another RE5 really. For all the problems RE6 had regarding the utter stupidity that was always on screen and its complete lack of atmosphere, even more damning was that its gameplay was inferior to RE5's.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@yummylee said:

@steadyingmeat said:

It is rather ironic how this series now requires its attempts at horror to be delegated to a spin-off series, but such is the way of things unfortunately. As for RE7, who knows? At this point I'd be happy if they just make another RE5 really. For all the problems RE6 had regarding the utter stupidity that was always on screen and its complete lack of atmosphere, even more damning was that its gameplay was inferior to RE5's.

I like the smaller budget/scale better for horror. It implies less action and shorter adventures with less padding which lends themselves really well to horror. Besides with how disappointing the last few entries have been i'm not willing to shell out 60$ for an RE game anymore. 6$ just to try however? Absolutely.

As for RE7 i hope it never comes out. I'm not a fan of remakes and reboots in general but at this point i don't think they can salvage the current franchise anymore. Capcom is very capable of releasing an RE7 that ends up being the long awaited prequel to Code Veronica where you play as Steve Burnside! :D :D :D... D:

I want them to start over from scratch or give RE2 and 3 the REmake treatment.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus: Oh, of course. I of all people have long been awaiting this series to get rebooted to allow a fresh slate and start things over, but if that was to be the case they probably wouldn't release a HD port of the very beginning of the franchise (in a sense) while also releasing a current-canon spin-off. If there is to be an RE7 (which seems pretty likely), it's undoubtedly going to continue residing within this increasingly convoluted mess of a fiction they've established.

Also, even with what appear to be intentions to reign things back a little to a more survival horror-ish design, I doubt they'll ever remake RE2 or RE3 in the vein of the original remake. That sure would be swell, though... I've been playing the DS version of Resident Evil, and man... that's a pretty cool version of that game! If a little easy... In fact that would probably make for the most likeable scenario, that they were to give RE2 a similar treatment to how Resident Evil was upgraded in the DS version. Y'know, finally releasing a version that has the 180 degree turn and all that.

Oh, and Steve Burnside protagonist don't even joke about that shit! The idea itself sends shivers down my spine, which at the very least means it would likely make for one of the most terrifying Resident Evil games in a while...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yummylee

Also, judging by her twitter comments, it seems that Alyson Court might have been replaced as the VA for Claire Redfield? That would really suck, as she's the only voice artist that has actually consistently stuck with the character throughout all of her appearances. Plus, she has a sweet voice that I thought fit the character.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for new trailer!

Avatar image for theindomitablesnowman
    TheIndomitableSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm optimistic about this game being good, because they really can't get much worse than the ORC/6 doubletap, but calling your game Resident Evil Revelations 2 implies that it's a direct sequel to Resident Evil Revelations, not a completely different story.

I just want the Jackass and Grinder show for another few hours...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theindomitablesnowman: ...Really? I'm surprised to hear someone say they actually enjoyed the company of those two. They weren't unbearable or anything, but I'd much rather get to see more Parker! Also, Capcom are most likely setting up Revelations to be its own spin-off brand more than for it to feature an actual narrative arc. As mentioned before, it seems this may be the spin-off series that'll allow Capcom to double down on developing some actual horror games, while the numbered entries continue to supply all of the gung-ho fisticuffs action.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell if I think this game looks good graphically or not..

Anyway, pretty cool trailer. It was pretty cool that it went in first person during the door opening scene. I wonder if that's how it will work in the game or if that was just a trailer thing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell if I think this game looks good graphically or not..

Anyway, pretty cool trailer. It was pretty cool that it went in first person during the door opening scene. I wonder if that's how it will work in the game or if that was just a trailer thing.

I have to assume they were intentionally implying that you will indeed once again open doors in first person, much like how it was in RE5's Lost in Nightmares DLC I would guess. The first Revelations was similar in that you opened doors like a normal person, though it wasn't in first person. I like how that may inevitably be the one notable differentiator between the action entries and the horror ones -- how you open doors :P

Avatar image for theindomitablesnowman
    TheIndomitableSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Revelations did have first person aiming (at least on 3DS), which could get pretty harrowing. It also just hit me that the plot and character shift probably means no more Genesis device. A shame, I liked the scanning mechanic, and would love to see it developed further.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theindomitablesnowman: I personally preferred to play both Revelations and Mercs 3D in third-person myself. Dunno, felt weird to be playing those sorts of games in first-person. Also, yeah, I forgot about the genesis. It didn't exactly add much to the original Revelations and I commonly forgot it was even there, but it would have been cool if it they could expand on the idea itself so it's a little more beneficial. They could design in a similar way to photography in BioShock, where you could scan enemies to then be able to dish out more damage unto that specific enemy type or what have you.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

be still my fanboy heart. I'm getting some Code Veronica vibes except not listening to awesome dialog ;) .... But I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop considering how bad Capcom has been recently, and I wish it was 3ds again.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my, Claire in a prison.

That's new.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive never played this..

Played - and 4 and that was it..

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more content I see the more convinced I become of my theory that these afflicted are test subjects. Game looks good and interesting so far, maybe not as much as The Evil Within but still pretty cool!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By falserelic

@vierastalo said:

Oh my, Claire in a prison.

That's new.

In code veronica she was in a cell, but anyway I was hoping to see billy or a new character in general. After seeing that trailer I can't say I'm excited for it. It doesn't look all that interesting to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.