Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 26, 2012

Resident Evil: Revelations is a full, story-driven Resident Evil title in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine split up to investigate a new conspiracy, with new partners Parker and Jessica.

"Direct Sequel to Resident Evil 5"

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    Masachika Kawata has been speaking to Nintendo Power, he had the following to say on Resident Evil: Revelations.

Unlike Mercenaries, which is all about shooting action, Revelations is all about survival horror, the very genre Resident Evil established. We actually think of Revelations as a direct sequel to Resident Evil 5 and it will be full of new, innovative ideas and characters.

The producer has stated he wants to get back to the horror and puzzles of earlier games, I think that's good stuff to hear after the last game, which Capcom internally praised, despite aversion from many seasoned fans. 
    The game is listed as TBA currently, but that may change after the embargo lifts or at e3.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33

Well that's kind of a disappointment :/

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By FourWude

ugh... i hope it goes back to Resident Evil Code Veronica with a dash of Resident Evil 3, but in no way contains any of Resident Evil 5 or even Resident Evil 0 which are both co-op focused games. I would be happy though with Resident Evil 1 remake with a liberal smattering of Resident Evil 4 smeared over its face. Though I'm not holding my breath.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IBurningStar

Best news I've heard all day.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro
    @FourWude said:
    "

ugh... i hope it goes back to Resident Evil Code Veronica with a dash of Resident Evil 3, but in no way contains any of Resident Evil 5 or even Resident Evil 0 which are both co-op focused games. I would be happy though with Resident Evil 1 remake with a liberal smattering of Resident Evil 4 smeared over its face. Though I'm not holding my breath.

"

I don't think you've grasped what the OP says, The Producer is saying it's a direct sequel to RE5, not that it plays like RE5. Quite the opposite when looking at what he said.
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By XenoNick

Looking forward to this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Fucking awesome- RE5 was great- I should go play that again.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FourWude
    @Contro said:
    " @FourWude said:
    "

"
    I don't think you've grasped what the OP says, The Producer is saying it's a direct sequel to RE5, not that it plays like RE5. Quite the opposite when looking at what he said. "
    Hook, line and sinker.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

So, the direct sequel in spirit, or actually within the currently boned time-line? I've always figured Revelations to be a prequel, set between RE4 and RE5 since Jill is once again a brunette. Suppose her natural hair colour could of returned of course, or she's dying it.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By niamahai

i'll wait for the Vita port.

you know its bound to happen.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Eyz

I just want some actual zombies back in the games!
    And no, those Starship Troopers/28 days later-rejects don't count.

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By WizardShazam

The Lost in Nightmares DLC was, by far, my favorite part of Resident Evil 5. If the sequel really is going back in that direction, I am instantly more excited.

grenadeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grenadeh

It's not a sequel, it's a prequel. They just didn't want to reveal that at the time. I know i'm stating what can be found all over the internet, but revelations takes place after the formation of the BSAA. Chris has some random girl as his partner (cute, though a whiner) and Jill has a plump Carlos-copy as her partner. The game is supposed to be much more survival horrory, but it's definitely a prequel to RE5 (in t hat it takes place before RE5, not that it has anything whatsoever to do with RE5). As far as I remember. I am however thoroughly unimpressed with both the plot and the creature design, as well as the 3DS only release, which is bound to piss off every single true RE fan there has been for the past 15 years. I don't want to drop 360 dollars just to play a game that should have been developed primarily for PS3/Xbox/PC, and ported to 3DS, the first 3 of course being systems I already own. Anyway, the monster design looks like they paid someone from Silent Hill to develop boring, uninspiring amorphous creatures for their enemies, just to get away from the Plagas - this is unacceptable. 

@Eyes 

I feel  your pain in also having willingly watched Starship Troopers 2 - expecting something substantial to happen the whole time. The movie was utterly terrible. The only entertainment I drew from said movie was the fact that Sue Ellen Mitchkie from Seinfeld (Whatever her name is) re-appeared in this movie - she was the Captain of the Roger Young in the first movie. And she of course died again in the second film. And then SST3 had Jolene Blalock and Casper van Dien in it, so it was halfway watchable.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I just wan't another quality Resident Evil game and not one of the half baked spin-offs.

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By awadnin

Then I should finishing re5 on xbox360 to get ready for this one :)

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

No more Albert Wesker...there's really no point in playing any future Resident Evil game. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

If it plays like any of the main Resident Evil games, I'll be perfectly fine, just give us a nice and spooky atmosphere. BY THE WAYYYY! This is a prequel, not a sequel.

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RichMeisterMan

I have no interest in a handheld resident evil, but I am excited to hear they want to return RE's roots and make the horror a priority.  I think to do that they need to get rid of co-op, and if they want co-op make it a separate campaign. A game can't be that scary if you have a friend/retarded ai partner running around with you. Also, go back to making ammo more scarce.  Finally, make survival the priority. I hated RE5's mission based system with all the outside contact, I don't like the idea of playing a survival horror game where the game's story is based on you taking it to the bad guys instead of them taking it to you.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By clubsandwich

This game looks INSANELY good, but god dammit why on 3DS? I don't want to spend $300+ just to play this. :( reminds me of Lost In Nightmares, I loved that more than RE5, but it was a bit short and having only one enemy wasn't really my thing, still it had that Resident Evil vibe that I love. :D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I played the Revelations demo that came with Mercenaries 3D (yes, I bought it, and I don't regret it). From what little the demo shows, which isn't much at all, it did suggest to me a sense that they're trying to shift the focus back to at least a sense of horror, as opposed the action-oriented, boulder-punching insanity of RE5. That being said, the demo isn't nearly enough to judge the full game on, given that in all, I fought three enemies while exploring a ship, with the demo ending upon the defeat of the third enemy, and it was an obviously rough build, with Jill's shadow looking freakishly pixelated and out of place with the rest of the environment. Seriously, I jumped in my seat the first time I saw it because I had no idea what it was supposed to be.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Contro

Resident Evil Revelations is one of the scariest games Capcom has ever made. according to the game's producer Tsukasa Takenaka

;

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.