Here's some Gameplay footage of Resident Evil on the 3ds

• 59 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

It plays like re5 but it looks really good.It looks like playing a portable ps3 game.
#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5249 posts) -
@falserelic said:
"            
  It plays like re5 but it looks really good.It looks like playing a portable ps3 game. "
I wouldn't go that far.
#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Its not like playing a Ps3. You can hardly see the resolution. Plus it is all blurry because of the 3D and the angle of the camera. 

#4 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Looking good, Wish we could see the 3D effects.

#5 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

Graphics look surprisingly good! Really pumped to get this thing when it comes out.

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@falserelic said:
"It plays like re5 but it looks really good.It looks like playing a portable ps3 game. "
HOLD IT! 

At best, the 3DS is like a Wii in terms of graphics.  Unless the Wii can magically push out like the 360 and PS3, your fact is a fallacy.  This game plays like Resident Evil 4!
#7 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

This is some definite GameCube style graphics!  
MUST GET!

#8 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Well regardless the graphics looks pretty damn good.

#9 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @falserelic said:
"It plays like re5 but it looks really good.It looks like playing a portable ps3 game. "
HOLD IT!  At best, the 3DS is like a Wii in terms of graphics.  Unless the Wii can magically push out like the 360 and PS3, your fact is a fallacy.  This game plays like Resident Evil 4! "
*GASP* That reminds me! We need to see a RE4 port for the 3DS!!
#10 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Looks neat I guess. For some reason, this wasn't really what I pictured when I heard there would be a 3DS Resident Evil. I'm not really sure why.

#11 Posted by roc_553 (209 posts) -

Unless the 3DS magically sprouts a second analogue stick, it ain't playing like RE 5.

#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@tobygw said:
"*GASP* That reminds me! We need to see a RE4 port for the 3DS!! "
OBJECTION! 

I refuse to pay for RE4 for a fourth time.
#13 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@falserelic said:
" Well regardless the graphics looks pretty damn good. "
Its pretty obvious you where trying to start something with the PS3 comment. 
#14 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -

Not PS3 level, but still impressive for handheld graphics.

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Kinda funny that Nintendos new handheld has better graphics then the Wii.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Its not like playing a Ps3. You can hardly see the resolution. Plus it is all blurry because of the 3D and the angle of the camera.  "
But still, it looks pretty good. At least somewhere in the Gamecube-ish range.
#17 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: LOL! I know it worked alittle bit.Some people can't take jokes on these forums.
#18 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @tobygw said:
"*GASP* That reminds me! We need to see a RE4 port for the 3DS!! "
OBJECTION!  I refuse to pay for RE4 for a fourth time. "
You bought it three times?
#19 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

Really impressive for a handheld^^

#20 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" You bought it three times? "
TAKE THAT! 

GameCube launch, PS2 Launch (it was the director's cut!), Wii Edition.  No remorse!
#21 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -

The best thing about this video is the dude with the "FUNK YOU" sweater.

#22 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Without an analogue stick, how are you meant to aim properly? Seems more like a technical showpiece than something that's fun to play but I suppose that's RE5 in a nutshell.

#23 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Without an analogue stick, how are you meant to aim properly? Seems more like a technical showpiece than something that's fun to play but I suppose that's RE5 in a nutshell. "
Maybe you can tap the screen
#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Without an analogue stick, how are you meant to aim properly? Seems more like a technical showpiece than something that's fun to play but I suppose that's RE5 in a nutshell. "
OBJECTION!   

The 3DS does indeed have an analogue stick.  It controls like RE4 did on the GameCube.
#25 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
OBJECTION!    The 3DS does indeed have an analogue stick.  It controls like RE4 did on the GameCube. "
You're the only person on the planet who could get me to dislike Phoenix Wright.
#26 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
OBJECTION!    The 3DS does indeed have an analogue stick.  It controls like RE4 did on the GameCube. "
You're the only person on the planet who could get me to dislike Phoenix Wright. "
I kinda laughed,he would make people hate him.
#27 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5249 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Hailinel said:
TAKE THAT!  GameCube launch, PS2 Launch (it was the director's cut!), Wii Edition.  No remorse! "
It's on the Ipod.
#28 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" It's on the Ipod. "
...son of a bitch.  Now I check that out.
#29 Posted by demonkd (29 posts) -
@tobygw:
no..just no there are enought ports of re4 already we dont need another one
#30 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -
#31 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Not PS3 level, but still impressive for handheld graphics. "
This. Kinda making me tempted to drop cash on this. The DS is loads of fun and the power of the 3DS will only make the games more amazing. 
#32 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -
@demonkd: I agree I'm getting tired of seeing ports of re4 also.People might disagree with that,but everybody in this world has there own opinions. 
#33 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" Not PS3 level, but still impressive for handheld graphics. "
This. Kinda making me tempted to drop cash on this. The DS is loads of fun and the power of the 3DS will only make the games more amazing.  "
Did the PSP teach us nothing? Trying to make handheld games more like console games will just make us compare the two, and handheld games cannot hope to win. If I want to play Resident Evil, I want to play it on my 32" HDTV with surround sound and two analog sticks, not on two 4" screens through tinny speakers.

Also, I loved ResE4 to death. Its probably my second most played game of all time (behind CS). I wish that they would move the hell on and do something new.

Anyway, I no longer trust anything with the Nintendo seal of approval on it until the things worth can be demonstrated to me.
#34 Posted by xyzygy (9978 posts) -

I really wish the 3DS would have another joystick. I can't stand the PSP for that reason.

#35 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@nintendoeats:  We don't really know how Capcom might be tailoring the game to a handheld format.  Revelations is an original title, not a port of a console game.  Sure, it looks like it plays similarly to RE4/RE5, but otherwise we've got nothing on it.
#36 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@nintendoeats: Not talking about making portable games more console like. I like the direction that the DS has taken, all I'm saying is that the extra power can further that direction. 
#37 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

how does one aim w/o a second stick?

#38 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Thinking about it I wonder what happen to that RE game.That was suppose to be coming out for the psp.Capcom hasn't said anything about it yet weird.

#39 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@niamahai said:
" how does one aim w/o a second stick? "
I dunno.  Maybe it's press the aim button while standing still and move the stick.
#40 Posted by kimbokasteniv (115 posts) -

Graphics look good, hardware design looks good, no-glasses 3D is great... but only one analog stick... 

#41 Posted by demonkd (29 posts) -

@falserelic:
at this points its just milking heck the wii version wasnt even nessecary tbh

#42 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@demonkd said:
"

@falserelic:

"
But it sold well.  That's all that really mattered to Capcom when they did the port.  It's also arguably the best version of RE4.
#43 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -
@demonkd said:

@falserelic:

post RE4 i think Capcom is going for the action game genre than the scary game genre.
#44 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Hailinel said:
TAKE THAT!  GameCube launch, PS2 Launch (it was the director's cut!), Wii Edition.  No remorse! "
This man speaks the truth.  I also bought all three.  I'd buy it in 3D.
#45 Posted by demonkd (29 posts) -
@niamahai:
i think thats pretty clear with the changes in re4 and re5
#46 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@nintendoeats: You DO know that the Nintendo Seal of Approval was created as a marketing ploy because of E.T. on Atari, right?  That Seal of Approval is worth as much as the toilet paper you wipe your ass with.
#47 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @nintendoeats: You DO know that the Nintendo Seal of Approval was created as a marketing ploy because of E.T. on Atari, right?  That Seal of Approval is worth as much as the toilet paper you wipe your ass with. "
The only thing that the seal means is that the product is officially licensed and that it went through Nintendo for certification and approval.  it does not in any way guarantee that the game you're playing isn't shit.  Anyone that's played games on Nintendo platforms since the NES should realize that.
#48 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @nintendoeats: You DO know that the Nintendo Seal of Approval was created as a marketing ploy because of E.T. on Atari, right?  That Seal of Approval is worth as much as the toilet paper you wipe your ass with. "
The only thing that the seal means is that the product is officially licensed and that it went through Nintendo for certification and approval.  it does not in any way guarantee that the game you're playing isn't shit.  Anyone that's played games on Nintendo platforms since the NES should realize that. "
Yes, I do know that (as you might be able to tell from my name, I know a thing or two about Nintendo). It was a cute way of saying that I don't think that Nintendo has the gamer's interests at heart.
#49 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @jakob187 said:
The only thing that the seal means is that the product is officially licensed and that it went through Nintendo for certification and approval.  it does not in any way guarantee that the game you're playing isn't shit.  Anyone that's played games on Nintendo platforms since the NES should realize that. "
Yes, I do know that (as you might be able to tell from my name, I know a thing or two about Nintendo). It was a cute way of saying that I don't think that Nintendo has the gamer's interests at heart. "
They're a business that relies on profits to stay in business, just like any other video game company.  Of course, you could always demand that they revoke the certification process and open the floodgates for games like Custer's Revenge 2:  Rape of the Little Big Horn.
#50 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @jakob187 said:
Yes, I do know that (as you might be able to tell from my name, I know a thing or two about Nintendo). It was a cute way of saying that I don't think that Nintendo has the gamer's interests at heart. "
They're a business that relies on profits to stay in business, just like any other video game company.  Of course, you could always demand that they revoke the certification process and open the floodgates for games like Custer's Revenge 2:  Rape of the Little Big Horn. "
I have a suspicion that you are missing my point on purpose. Nintendo has a right to not care what I think about their products, but in doing so they cannot also expect me to look forward to the 3DS. Granted I tend to maintain a "believe it when I see it"approach to everything, but it applies doubly so here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.