Is this game and Mercenaries 2 different games?

#1 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Topic kind of says it all. Are RE:Revelations and  RE:Mercenaries, two different games?  And if they are, they going to be released around the same time?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

at first I thought you were talking about Mercs 2: World in Flames and I got really confused

but yeah, they're seperate games I believe.

#3 Edited by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

Yeah, Mercenaries is, well, just a more expanded version of the famed Mercenaries minigame for RE4/RE5. Revelations is a RE5 prequel. 

As for the release date, Mercenaries is coming pretty soon, I think, and will come with a demo for Revelations.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Yeah, Mercenaries is, well, just a more expanded version of the famed Mercenaries minigame for RE4/RE5. Revelations is a RE5 prequel.  As for the release date, Mercenaries is coming pretty soon, I think, and will come with a demo for Revelations. "
sometime in June i think.  

WEEEEEEESKEEEEEEERRRRRRR
#5 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@AjayRaz: Sounds good. I'm pumped for this. 

#6 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" at first I thought you were talking about Mercs 2: World in Flames and I got really confused  but yeah, they're seperate games I believe. "
same
#7 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: yo. it has HUNK. 

IT HAS HUNK

it's gonna be pretty fun, but i wonder how awkward the control is going to be. i just don't see it working 
#8 Posted by DeF (4814 posts) -

Mercenaries is coming this summer while Revelations is coming in 2012

The former is just a point based shooter based on the minigame in RE4 and RE5 and the latter is a full fledged RE game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.