New E3 Trailer! HUNK Now Fitted With Creepy Raper Voice!

#1 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

God I want a 3DS so much... it was the same motivation behind my purchasing a Gamecube way back when for the REmake, RE0 and RE4, but back then I had the parent to help fund my expedition to the game-shop.. and also pay a hefty sum towards the actual cube as well.... In other words, no 3DS for me for a a fair while more than likely.

Anywhoo, the trailer shows a lot more gameplay (this isn't cordoned to view of someone looking over a shoulder) and gives a few more... revelations... on the story. Apparently HUNK is now going with that same weird, creepy voice synthesizer everyone in the MysteryCharacter Inc. is fitted with. The gameplay looks exactly like the trademarked third-person shooting, though it's yet again promoted to be true to its roots with less ammunition, and a strong focus towards exploration. Enemies are still abound, as shown by what looks like the Regenerators from RE4, with giant spikey tumor hands associated with specific Tyrant types, and something that looks like a long piece of rolled up carpet sticking out of its throat. It doesn't look like it has coop gameplay (least not for the main story) but still look to feature Jill alongside a new character, Parker--with a franchise appropriate hammy Russian accent--through some situations; hopefully which'll play out similar to the scenarios that brought Luis and Leon to duo themselves some Las Plagas Hitler enthusiasts.  

Jill is definitely the lead here, in terms of a gameplay standpoint, but Chris may also take up the lead light since they're showing Chris for some reason trailing along the mountains with a Jill look-alike, Jessica Brunette Babe the 5th. We know they'll eventually reunite, but those scenes also shown nothing but Jill leading the way.
#2 Posted by Xolare (1279 posts) -

Other than the gas mask, what makes everyone think that's HUNK?

#3 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -
@Xolare: also, wtf is a HUNK?
#4 Edited by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@Xolare said:

Other than the gas mask, what makes everyone think that's HUNK?

Because CAPCOM are just that predictable. 

@billnyethesciencepie said:
A way of life. Also a codename.
#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

who were those two at the end?

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
Chris and some new Jill look-a-like called Jessica, who's a new character. Also why are people commenting on this after it was put up on the front page O_o
#7 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
@kingzetta said:
Chris and some new Jill look-a-like called Jessica, who's a new character. Also why are people commenting on this after it was put up on the front page O_o
for fun 
anyways I thought it was sniper wolf for a second.
#8 Posted by Xolare (1279 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:
A secret character from RE2. He's pretty much an Umbrella Commando with a gas mask.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.