This game will be $50.

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

Seems like Capcom is charging $50 due to it being on a 4GB card, the standard being 2GB, and it being a "true console experience". Here is a link if you want to read more. Personally I love portable gaming but $39 is the max for me no matter how the game is. At that point I might as well get a console game.

#2 Edited by doobie (605 posts) -

not in the UK it won't be.

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

That's a lot of dollars. I'm gonna pirate this shit. (psst. How do I pirate DS shit? I've never done it before. I'm gonna google this).

EDIT: Never mind- I just read that Nintendo can brick my expensive (thus far, non-existent) 3DS if they catch you stealing. That scared me straight. CAPCOM~!

#4 Posted by awadnin (275 posts) -

Fair Value Pricing.

#5 Posted by thejke (91 posts) -

Well I guess that I will just have to wait a month or two for it to be cheaper.

#6 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

If it's truly as good as a console game experience, then I see no problem.

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Keep the console experiences on the consoles.

#8 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Keep the console experiences on the consoles.

This! If it's a home console experience why not just release it on home consoles too?

#9 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

@Hector said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

Keep the console experiences on the consoles.

This! If it's a home console experience why not just release it on home consoles too?

Because it's not and they're trying to trick consumers into paying a premium.

#10 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -
@NTM said:

If it's truly as good as a console game experience, then I see no problem.

Capcom has a history of lying to their consumers. Just saying.
 
@OllyOxenFree said:
Keep the console experiences on the consoles.
#11 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I could buy 50 iPhone games for that, so no thank you sir.

#12 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@NTM said:

If it's truly as good as a console game experience, then I see no problem.

Capcom has a history of lying to their consumers. Just saying.

@OllyOxenFree said:
Keep the console experiences on the consoles.

Regardless of what they say or not, it applies to any game. In the end, it's not whether I'm going to buy it or not, I'll probably see a review of it beforehand anyways. My point is, to reply to the OP's original comment, is that if the game really is as good as a console game experience, like as if this games quality and quantity were to be just as good as RE4 or five, then I have no problem with it and I'd probably buy it at full price.

#13 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -
@NTM said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@NTM said:

If it's truly as good as a console game experience, then I see no problem.

Capcom has a history of lying to their consumers. Just saying.

@OllyOxenFree said:
Keep the console experiences on the consoles.

Regardless of what they say or not, it applies to any game. In the end, it's not whether I'm going to buy it or not, I'll probably see a review of it beforehand anyways. My point is, to reply to the OP's original comment, is that if the game really is as good as a console game experience, like as if this games quality and quantity were to be just as good as RE4 or five, then I have no problem with it and I'd probably buy it at full price.

Then get ready for a majority of newer 3DS games' prices to be increased to a higher price point if this game were to become successful at launch. These types of situation don't get better, they get worse when successful. Great success comes with great arrogance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.