RE6 Trailer

  • 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -
Loading Video...

Was that Leon punching people? This looks even more action oriented than 5. Sadface.

I liked that zombies were back, kind of, but then seeing people slide into cover and a shit ton of action just felt wrong.

#2 Edited by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

Just watched it earlier - summation = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOMGOGMGOFSFASUFHSUOFSFF BLARGLE GARGLE GARGLE

From what I can tell, the three stories are going to vary greatly, giving you a somewhat more horror orientated tale with Leon, an all out shooter with Chris, and a cooperative take with the Troy Baker guy.

EDIT: God fucking dammit, I've never had so much of a complete and utter fangasm than when I watched through that trailer.

#3 Posted by kishinfoulux (2766 posts) -

Looks awesome. I know people will whine that there's too much action and there is a cover system and blah, blah blah. Fuck that. Looks intense.

#4 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

I was getting a good vibe from the Leon stuff, then that asshole Chris came along and made it seem like Gears of Resident Evil, what a dick.

The Leon stuff looks decent, will have to see how much of the game is going to be from the other perspectives.

#5 Posted by Bulby33 (645 posts) -

The Leon stuff looks really cool. The rest? Could be okay. 
 
The first thing I noticed is that Leon sounds a lot like Nolan North.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I was getting a good vibe from the Leon stuff, then that asshole Chris came along and made it seem like Gears of Resident Evil, what a dick.

I'm just happy that they're now attempting to broaden the scope and appeal to all audiences; I won't have anything against the Chris story so long as the shooting gameplay will actually be decent, unlike the terribad BS RE5 had with the gun-toting majinis. The cooperative campaign looks the least appealing, but they all look pretty baller to me.

#7 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Holy

#8 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@Bulby33 said:

The Leon stuff looks really cool. The rest? Could be okay. The first thing I noticed is that Leon sounds a lot like Nolan North.

It's definitely not Nolan North, but weirdly enough it doesn't sound like Leon's standby voice-actor, Paul Mercier, either. Chris evidently has Roger Craig Smith behind the booth, though. Which is fine, I think he done a pretty good as Chris.

#9 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Holy plot exposition batman!!!

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (5183 posts) -

Oh wow. OH fucking WOW.

Leon story -> More classic style RE4.

Chris story -> reflective of his status as a counter-terrorism soldier. GEARS OF EVIL. FUCK YES.

New Guy Story -> Survival Horror.

Holy shit guys, I think Capcom has a real winner here.

#11 Posted by SlasherMan (1723 posts) -

Is that Troy Baker I hear? I'll expect to have a new GB award category in the near future... The Bakeries.

I'm saddened that they're determined to keep going in this direction and farther away from the horror/suspense RE was once so good at. That said, this does look pretty good, I'll admit.

#12 Posted by DeeGee (2170 posts) -

Troy Baker is in everything these days.

#13 Posted by N7 (3815 posts) -

ZOMBIESSSSSS YESSSS
 
COVER SYSTEMMMMM NOOOOOOOOO

#14 Posted by thehexeditor (1436 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

Oh wow. OH fucking WOW.

Leon story -> More classic style RE4.

Chris story -> reflective of his status as a counter-terrorism soldier. GEARS OF EVIL. FUCK YES.

New Guy Story -> Survival Horror.

Holy shit guys, I think Capcom has a real winner here.

A goddamn neapolitan ice cream of Resident Evil. Delicious

#15 Posted by Sooty (8195 posts) -

I struggle to have any excitement for the action of Chris' story if the game feels anything like 4 or 5, the gunplay in them games is so lackluster.

If it feels really precise and powerful like Dead Space, then I will happily play a side story with a more action heavy take on things.

#16 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1977 posts) -

Looks utterly fantastic. At least with the Leon part, that is exactly where I want the series to head. It looks like old-school RE wrapped up in modern gameplay mechanics. It's really nice to finally see actual zombies again, too. The rest still looks real good, even if it is decidedly more action-oriented. I'm honestly really excited to see Leon and Chris team up.

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12651 posts) -

that looks pretty good. glad to see Leon is back. also, was that Ashley during the Chris portion of the trailer? the one that was all "the world need you!" or something.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@OneKillWonder said:

Looks utterly fantastic. At least with the Leon part, that is exactly where I want the series to head. It looks like old-school RE wrapped up in modern gameplay mechanics. It's really nice to finally see actual zombies again, too. The rest still looks real good, even if it is decidedly more action-oriented. I'm honestly really excited to see Leon and Chris team up.

This is exactly why they omitted Leon from that 3DS Mercenaries garbage, despite RE4 maps and other RE4 characters in it; they were saving up the inevitable due for something massive. Makes me wonder, since these are apparently all separate and can be tackled in any order, just how will it all conclude who takes the reigns for the ending chapter? Leon & Chris coopin' for the final story segment I wouldn't say no to, I'll admit.

#19 Edited by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

that looks pretty good. glad to see Leon is back. also, was that Ashley during the Chris portion of the trailer? the one that was all "the world need you!" or something.

You mean the Troy Baker portion? And I suppose it does look like her, and CAPCOM are a fan of randomly reintroducing characters into the scene, so it could be. The President's dead after all, so you could figure that she became a fighter or something something something.

#20 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1307 posts) -

LEON!

#21 Posted by jakob187 (22308 posts) -

I think it's interesting that so many people are frowning upon the more action-oriented gameplay featured in the trailer without realizing WHY they are going into an action-oriented place.

Capcom, like many other Japanese companies, are having problems keeping market share amongst Western audiences. Capcom specifically has had trouble, as you can see with the constant re-releases of Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom (two games that have guaranteed sales in the West because of the tournament scene) and Resident Evil (an established "next-gen" franchise for them since PlayStation 1).

Going into an action-oriented style makes sense if they want to try and get mainstream sales without getting ripped apart for the gameplay itself. With Resident Evil 5, they were gearing towards action-oriented...but still had the tank controls. It didn't work. If they are pushing beyond that and saying "we're going full analog this time, and we're going to let you shoot while you move", then they are breaking a necessary barrier. However, the problem ends up being that they are not exactly masters of the third-person shooter, so they will automatically have to compare with games like Gears and others. Hell, there were parts in that trailer where I thought they were ripping off some stuff straight out of what we've seen from Max Payne 3 as well as what we've seen in games like Vanquish.

At this point, I think everyone has abandoned the continuity of the story as well as the franchise being survival-horror. However, they've got a lot of prove with this game. Hopefully, it can deliver.

#22 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2734 posts) -

Zombie president was dumb, but it does look pretty awesome.

#23 Posted by BoG (5387 posts) -

That was pretty mindblowingly BOOM. Leon lookin' good in leather. I'm hoping that the campaigns vary, which is what it looks like. Survival/Horror with Leon, and ACTION with Chris. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

#24 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3210 posts) -

This is shaping up to be brilliant... I fully expect Capcom to cock it up with some terrible decision shortly.

#25 Posted by GlenTennis (3265 posts) -

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan this looks soooo gooood. Hell of a trailer.

#26 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

Hyped to play as Leon Shit-kicking Kennedy again.

My opinion on the actiony take on RE is why the hell not. It was barely survival horror in RE4, and was basically just an action game with zombies and sub-par controls in RE5. Not to say I didn't love both, they're both two of my favorite games, but I don't really mind if it gets more actiony. You can have actiony combat and still have a good atmosphere and a scary game (as Dead Space 1 proved to us). It does look like different characters will have different types of gameplay, so it would definitely be interesting if Chris was action dude that ran in to slaughter the zombie hordes that are roaming everywhere, while Leon is more of a spec-ops dude breaching enemy lines and taking a more stealthy/survival-ly approach. Also glad we're back to classic zombies. Uruboros dudes were nice for a change, but I'm ready to go back to classic RE zombies.

#27 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

I think it's interesting that so many people are frowning upon the more action-oriented gameplay featured in the trailer without realizing WHY they are going into an action-oriented place.

I'm frowning on the action mostly because Resident Evil games cannot do action very well. The gunplay isn't good enough. (yet?)
#28 Posted by SlightConfuse (3995 posts) -

Game looks amazing, nice mix of action and survival horror. did not play 5 but i am excited

#29 Posted by Klaimore (980 posts) -

Chris was shooting real dudes! Although I guess its not very different from the army guys in RE4 and 5. I'm surprised its coming so soon please please don't be delayed.

#30 Posted by Sauson (565 posts) -

I love Resident Evil. It's one of my favorite game series ever and I was already sold when I heard there were going to be zombies in RE6 but wow this looks awesome. I would have loved to see the return of other characters to take the main role like Claire, Rebecca, or even Billy but who knows maybe one of them will make an appearance in this one. There's always hope.

#31 Edited by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@Sauson said:

I love Resident Evil. It's one of my favorite game series ever and I was already sold when I heard there were going to be zombies in RE6 but wow this looks awesome. I would have loved to see the return of other characters to take the main role like Claire, Rebecca, or even Billy but who knows maybe one of them will make an appearance in this one. There's always hope.

Oh Billy, the franchise lead that never was. I think they've just outright given up on him, though it's still soon to say for certain. Maybe RE6 will do a MGS4 and just sandwich every single character ever into there somewhere; with three campaigns, it looks like there's enough room...

#32 Posted by Sooty (8195 posts) -

Fuck you. Needs more Barry.

#33 Posted by MonkMe (8 posts) -

I hope the story mostly revolves around Leon. I'd love another RE4 like game. Doesn't look like that from the trailer, but who knows. I was actually excited to see Ashley back! Never thought I'd say it.

#34 Posted by JTB123 (1167 posts) -

That was pretty awesome, was not expecting the release date at the end. Looks promising and it's great to see some gameplay in there.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Fuck you. Needs more Barry.

He's probably like 50 (he's 48 by RE5 anywhoo) at this point, so obviously they wouldn't of put in him as a lead. But you never know, like I said earlier, they may just pick up their toy box and dump everyone in there across the story.

#36 Posted by Sauson (565 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@Sauson said:

I love Resident Evil. It's one of my favorite game series ever and I was already sold when I heard there were going to be zombies in RE6 but wow this looks awesome. I would have loved to see the return of other characters to take the main role like Claire, Rebecca, or even Billy but who knows maybe one of them will make an appearance in this one. There's always hope.

Oh Billy, the franchise lead that never was. I think they've just outright given up on him, though it's still soon to say for certain. Maybe RE6 will do a RE4 and just sandwich every single character ever into there somewhere; with three campaigns, it looks like there's enough room...

It's a shame they never did anything with him because I thought he was a cool character and I would like to see what he did after escaping for the mansion in Zero.

#37 Posted by Sooty (8195 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@Sooty said:

Fuck you. Needs more Barry.

He's probably like 50 (he's 48 by RE5 anywhoo) at this point, so obviously they wouldn't of put in him as a lead. But you never know, like I said earlier, they may just pick up their toy box and dump everyone in there across the story.

I don't think age logic applies in a universe with a character like Wesker (look at that RE5 version)
 
Barry lead is best lead.
#38 Posted by BabyChooChoo (5172 posts) -

splooooooooooooooooooooooosh

#39 Posted by The_Nubster (2524 posts) -

@MonkMe said:

I hope the story mostly revolves around Leon. I'd love another RE4 like game. Doesn't look like that from the trailer, but who knows. I was actually excited to see Ashley back! Never thought I'd say it.

I thought that was Ashley too, but we'll wait and see. If it is, that makes me very excited; I liked having Ashley around in RE4, and that whole game is a case for well-done escort missions. Here's to hoping that is Ashley, and that they haven't fucked her up.

#40 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Abyssfull said:

@Sooty said:

Fuck you. Needs more Barry.

He's probably like 50 (he's 48 by RE5 anywhoo) at this point, so obviously they wouldn't of put in him as a lead. But you never know, like I said earlier, they may just pick up their toy box and dump everyone in there across the story.

I don't think age logic applies in a universe with a character like Wesker (look at that RE5 version) Barry lead is best lead.

So Wesker was more or less a cartoon in RE5, so what? RE isn't the kind of series that would have you playing as a middled aged lumber-jack, even if his beard is no doubt mighty epic by this point. And I'm not saying that I didn't want Barry to take up the reigns somewhere (I mean, my bleedin' avatar speaks for itself), but thinking realistically I don't think there's enough Barry love at CAPCOM to have him take up any more screentime than as a supporting character - or for some random minigame cameo.

#41 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

Bummed but not surprised that the PC version is going to be released at a later date. Pretty much standard Capcom regarding PC releases. At least I'll be able to play it around April if they decide to wait six months like usual.

#42 Edited by Moztacular (524 posts) -

Anyone else think maybe that third playable character is supposed to be Steve Burnside from Code Veronica? In the trailer that third playable character suggests his blood is important and at the end of Code Veronica X Wesker claims to have recovered Steve's body and "maybe he'll come back to life like i did, bwah hahaha." Steve was injected with some crazy virus stuff so his blood would be pretty important after all. 
 
Thoughts? sorry if it's already been posted about who that third dude alongside leon and chris is.
 
Edit: Also when i watched it again i thought when the dude is injecting himself with a needle for whatever purpose his hand looked all reptilian and mutated like Steve got at the end of CV. I'm probably stretching a bit with this but whatever.

#43 Edited by GunnBjorn (2905 posts) -

I'm a RE purist that should totally bash this trailer... But I'm só excited! Chris and Leon finally meet/team up(?)! And to my knowledge they've never seen eachother. Are they even aware of eachothers' existence? I never played RE3 and the RE spin-offs (so much for being a purist, huh?), so there might be a hiatus in my RE wiki. Oh, and Leon definitely looks more rustic. Chris looks like he just jumped out of RE5. Still, I indeed wished there was more of a creepy/ominous atmosphere in here. Masachika Kawata promised the next RE would be more scary. No such thing, as what I see. The sense that you're alone in a confined complex, knowing full-well it's not going to be quite for long. They nailed that concept in RE2! Still my favorite in the series. It's an action oriented day and age we live in. And action is what RE6 will deliver. But, please, let there be some moments of suspense in there as well.

#44 Posted by nohthink (1370 posts) -

DUDE! MONSTER ATTACKS OVER YOUR COVER!!!

IT IS GAME OVER!!!

#45 Posted by MightyDuck (1620 posts) -

I'm interested to see what comes of the game. The first 3 Resident Evils are still my favorite, but I'm sure this will be pretty serviceable.

#46 Posted by Yummylee (23192 posts) -

@GunnBjorn said:

I'm a RE purist that should totally bash this trailer... But I'm só excited! Chris and Leon finally meet/team up(?)! And to my knowledge they've never seen eachother. Are they even aware of eachothers' existence? I never played RE3 and the RE spin-offs (so much for being a purist, huh?), so there might be a hiatus in my RE wiki. Oh, and Leon definitely looks more rustic. Chris looks like he just jumped out of RE5. Still, I indeed wished there was more of a creepy/ominous atmosphere in here. Masachika Kawata promised the next RE would be more scary. No such thing, as what I see. The sense that you're alone in a confined complex, knowing full-well it's not going to be quite for long. They nailed that concept in RE2! Still my favorite in the series. It's an action oriented day and age we live in. And action is what RE6 will deliver. But, please, let there be some moments of suspense in there as well.

They do definitely know of each other; they've made passing references to one another across games, like during Veronica, Leon is the guy who forwarded the message to Chris about Claire, RE5 Chris of course references the ''Kennedy report'' from RE4, and Leon also compliments Chris to Claire during Degeneration. This is the first time they may actually of worked together, though. CAPCOM also totally removed Leon from the Mercenaries on the 3DS, just to make this match up all the more meaningful. For all intents and purposes, this is the Chris/Leon crossover we fans have been clambering for <3

As for the action sequences, sure, there's bound to be a lot in here, but Leon's story looks to focus much more on building up tension and suspense; he'll still be able to do round house kicks and the like no doubt, but they contrast to Leon using a pistol whilst being bitten, to Chris manning some fully-automatic assault rifle against some mercs speak for the stark contrast they're aiming for each story.

#47 Posted by WebScud (121 posts) -

@Moztacular: There's probably a reason why both RE 4 and Code Veronica got HD rereleases...

#48 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@AjayRaz said:

that looks pretty good. glad to see Leon is back. also, was that Ashley during the Chris portion of the trailer? the one that was all "the world need you!" or something.

You mean the Troy Baker portion? And I suppose it does look like her, and CAPCOM are a fan of randomly reintroducing characters into the scene, so it could be. The President's dead after all, so you could figure that she became a fighter or something something something.

It sounds just like her to me. She ranks pretty high on my list of least favourite RE characters... maybe they will make her not suck so hard? Who knows.
 
 
Still, as was said earlier: "Splooooooooooosh" So god damn excited. I wonder how many boulders Chris will face in deadly combat.
#49 Posted by M_Shini (561 posts) -

There is real zombies thats all i care about, altho if they put another rpg,gun or Minigun in one of they're hands ima Kill myself.

#50 Posted by WebScud (121 posts) -

Do people consider survival horror a control style? I'm trying to understand the RE 1-3 vs 4-5 vs what 6 appears to be arguments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.