Takeuchi: 'I felt Mikami-san's shadow'

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2's producer, Jun Takeuchi has said he has no plans to return to the Resident Evil series any time soon. In an interview with Xbox World 360 magazine, Takeuchi-san admitted he felt "extreme pressure" working in the shadow of Resident Evil 4's creator, Shinji Mikami.  

"Yes, it's true we did feel extreme pressure - and Mikami-san's shadow - after Resi 4," - "However, because we were creating the sequel to this huge franchise we wanted to make our fresh direction clear." - "Personally, I don't think I'm gonna deal with Resident Evil 6 at all - as far as the series is concerned I'm not planning to return until at least two more Olympics have passed!"

- Jun Takeuchi

Takeuchi-san also said that he feels less pressure when working on a relatively new IP like Lost Planet, but that doing so requires "physical strength" to get right.     

[*Mikami-san left the Capcom in 2007, he's currently running his own fledgling Tokyo based development house called "Tango" ]

source
#2 Posted by Jeust (10650 posts) -

If Jun Takeuchi can't get it right with the Resident Evil franchise, best leave it alone. 

#3 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

RE 5 was a good game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.