We're Probably Heading to China for Resident Evil 6

• 118 results
#51 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

颜色我兴奋

Simply type "Color me interested" into google translator won't make it an coherent statement.

#52 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

I love how people are trying to shoehorn racism into a game that hasn't even been made yet because of a game that came out with ZERO racism in it. People are pathetic.

#53 Posted by Lord_Punch (138 posts) -

Let's just hope we make a pit stop at Survival Horror.

#54 Posted by Danteveli (1173 posts) -

not good idea Chinese are really sensitive

#55 Posted by Draxyle (1822 posts) -

@Curufinwe said:

Brad and Vinny should play REmake for the next ER.

I had never thought about it, but a horror game might be pretty awesome for something like that.

And on topic, that'l be interesting if Assassin's Creed goes to the same place. The next popular place to be apparently.

#56 Posted by Nightfang (378 posts) -

F**k Chris, I want Leon back!

#57 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

China could be fun.

#58 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Hopefully it's actual Resi and not Gears.

#59 Posted by zymase (158 posts) -

为什么大家如此关心伤害了中国的感情?

#60 Posted by JackSukeru (5908 posts) -

Well as long as we get some authentic Chinese moaning outta those zombies I'm happy.

#61 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I truly hope the next RE will have a creepy atmosphere again. That could be established by putting the setting in a confined area. That's what made RE 1 and especially RE 2 so great!

#62 Posted by Lazyaza (2176 posts) -

I wonder if they've looked at Dead Space at all, I really hope so. If Resident Evil played as good as DS2 omg it would be so awesome.

#63 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -
China quality zombies. They'll fall apart by themselves.  
Ha.
#64 Posted by HyperionXR (273 posts) -

If there is any one franchise that I'm a blind fanboy of, its good old Resident Evil. You can always sign me up for more.

#65 Posted by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

aren't China and Japan still on bad terms with each other?

#66 Posted by locolukah (113 posts) -

Maybe there is just a Chinese character in the game?

#67 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@katanalauncher: I'm well aware of that.

#68 Posted by aajf (223 posts) -

@Freaksaus: Snap

#69 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

OMFG RACIST AGAINST CHINESE PPEOPLE

#70 Posted by Y2Ken (1110 posts) -

I enjoyed RE5 on PS3, and in fact I've just bought it on 360 (for a fiver) to play some co-op with a friend. It's still great fun, controls do stand out though having played both Dead Space 2 and Shadows of the Damned since I finished it (both do that control a lot better).

#71 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

You people assume that Chinese Villager and Zombie are two different rolls, Im betting that Capcom just said "fuck it" and half the time she was a Chinese Villager, and half the time that same Chinese Villager was a Zombie. Because we all know Japanese people hate the Chinese, what better way then for Square Enix to make a racist game based on shooting Chinese people.

#72 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Wraith1: Yeah pretty much....  Its really dumb
#73 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

If you kill nothing but asians I bet that douche from splay swears it's iracist again

#74 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Jirr Varen time?

#75 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Woo hoo. I loved RE5. The only other one I played was 3 minutes of RE1 back when it first came out. The controls were game breakingly nonsensical. I hope they continue in the RE5 mold and don't go back to all the "Jill sandwich" and janky RE1 stuff that people seem to love.

#76 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Boo. The Thunder Bay, Canada rumor was much more exciting.

#77 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -
#78 Posted by thetrin (131 posts) -

Setting it in China has a lot of potential. Asia has some great architecture, and there's a lot of potential for some cool horror.

#79 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

Having a Japanese developer portray Chinese people, this is gonna go really well...

#80 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

Can I walk and shoot at the same time?

#81 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

Or maybe one of the villagers just happens to be Chinese and everyone else is Russian/Nordic/Scottish/whatever.

#82 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -

just don't make a fumanchu mustache on their face :o

#83 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

Who gives a shit? People kill other people in videogames for fuck sakes.

#84 Posted by CakeBomb (218 posts) -

Ehh...why not Russia or Sweden? China is such a bad setting, the only good thing would be to kill the chinese peasants anyway. Yes, I don't like chinese.

#85 Posted by CitizenJP (1015 posts) -

I wanna see Shaolin Monk zombies. Fuck yeah.

#86 Posted by RaidenMitsuru (202 posts) -

Love to see a RE take place in Japan.

#87 Posted by Xshinobi (374 posts) -

I hope they take some notes from Dead Space.

#88 Posted by RetroVirus (1468 posts) -

The only way I will ever play RE6 is if you can shoot and walk at the same time. That said, they'll probably do that.

#89 Posted by Frumpa (100 posts) -

@AwesomeAquaman said:

Why would anyone think RE is racist?

'cause it seems people are PC to the extent they actually are blinded to what racism actually is.

#90 Posted by Frumpa (100 posts) -

@sissylion said:

@AwesomeAquaman said:

Why would anyone think RE is racist?

Because the first two acts of RE4 depict Spaniards as continuing to live in the Dark Ages, and RE5 literally has spear-shaking Africans.

Umm .. in some parts of Spain and Africa this is still true .. maybe not the spears but definitely the living conditions.

#91 Posted by WMoyer83 (633 posts) -
@Freaksaus said:

For a moment I thought GiantBomb was going to China to watch RE6.

I thought the same thing lol
#92 Posted by DarkbeatDK (1262 posts) -

China would be pretty cool... Especially if we get a cameo from everyone's favorite high-kicking Hong Kong officer Chun-Li. It'll be fun to see Chinese zombies. The Chinese have traditionally bound the feet of their dead and placed a scroll on their face to ward off evil spirits. It's why there are "jumping zombies" in many old Hong Kong Kung-fu movies and it's also what inspired the design of another Capcom character: Hsien-Ko. I do not see how video games are racist for taking place outside America.

#93 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

How much times will video game writers say "worst kept secret" about a highly anticipated sequel un-announced video game.

#94 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -
#95 Posted by Twiggy199 (496 posts) -
@WMoyer83 said:
@Freaksaus said:

For a moment I thought GiantBomb was going to China to watch RE6.

I thought the same thing lol
My 1st thought as well lol
#96 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

Nice. I like having the series jump around the world...though I'm missing Raccoon city these days, quite a lot. (<-why I jumped over the Wii railshooters and replayed Re 0-1-2-3-CV this past year)

#97 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

Really this will just be Dynasty Warriors: RE. Replace Lu-Bu with Leon, and the enemy soldiers with zombies, and you got a game.

#98 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -
#99 Posted by Maitimo (193 posts) -

I can't see a whole lot of reason to be hopeful for RE6, especially after 5. It's not like they have Mikami to keep them right any more. 5 is also a very natural stopping point for the series, so it feels unnecessary as well.

But hey, at least there's no indication it's been farmed out to some second-string western developer.

#100 Posted by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

There's certainly the potential for not totally unjustified outrage over racism. After all, we're talking about a game set in a country that was brutalised by the country the developers were from. After the undertones in RE5, I should hope Capcom has learned their lesson.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.