Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 22, 2002

A remake of the first game in the pre-eminent video game horror series, featuring a graphics overhaul, as well as several new gameplay features, environments, and unlockable modes that weren't included within the original version.

HD Remaster to include Chris & Jill's RE5 BSAA outfits.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Update: It's only 30 seconds long so I figured it didn't quite deserve its own thread. So, what's surprising is it's just straight-up the RE5 models of Chris and Jill (good call @wampa1), rather than their REmake look whilst wearing the costumes. I still really like Chris' LiN outfit anywhoo, so hey, cool beans.

Also, it looks like they may have even updated the pistol model to better resemble Jill's Samurai Edge gun (the unlockable burst-fire Samurai Edge pistol is Barry's) rather than the generic beretta you ordinarily start off with. I wonder if that'll be exclusive to when you're wearing the BSAA uniforms or if it's a permanent change.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that many are likely to care, but I thought it was worth pointing out. I can't provide any concrete proof as I was notified of this information from Residentevil.net via email. Also, it's not exactly finalised just yet as their Contagion Campaign viral marketing thing first needs to reach 100% before the game is released. Though considering that it's already in the 70%s, it's practically assured to hit its target before release. Which is cool, because I've always liked Chris and Jill's BSAA outfits; in fact I'd say I prefer their BSAA outfits to their default STARS ones!

I wonder which of Chris' BSAA outfits they're going to package in? Most likely his default RE5 attire, but I'd love if it was his Lost in Nightmares BSAA uniform -- always thought it sucks how you can't unlock it in the main game.

EDIT: Decided to printscreen the email case anyone wanted a little more confirmation.

No Caption Provided

Oh, and since nobody else has made a thread nor has any of the staff bothered to upload it, here's that pre-TGS Sony conference trailer showing gameplay of the HD remaster.

I think it looks pretty good, and I'm always surprised to spot the odd comment from someone saying how it looks like ''shit''.

EDIT2: Aha, so it seems it may in fact be the Lost in Nightmare costumes then, judging by the costumes they're showing on the Capcom Unity blog. Great!

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never played the original RE but the remake always interested me and it still looks pretty good so I might give it a try when it comes out.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rebel_Scum

I just hope Barry doesn't screw up again like he did with that rope.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I just hope Barry doesn't screw up again like he did with that rope.

The rope thing only happens in the very original, not the remake. Also, he would actually return with another if you waited for him!

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love it if they used the RE5 model for Chris just to show how huge they made him in that game, probably wouldn't even fit through the mansions doors though...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1 said:

I'd love it if they used the RE5 model for Chris just to show how huge they made him in that game, probably wouldn't even fit through the mansions doors though...

Ha, if they took it that far that'd be hilarious. It'd be funny seeing him going against the Tyrant in particular, given that he'd now likely be about as big, if not bigger....

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Don't know if I'll ever use them, but I always liked those outfits. And I'm pretty sure they mean the Lost in Nightmares one, since that would make the most sense. I believe RE5 referred to it as his BSAA outfit too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: Chris' default outfit is also referred to as his BSAA outfit, in both the costume select menu for the main game and Mercenaries. Though given the mansion locale, it would make more sense that it'd be Chris' Lost in Nightmares one -- least I certainly hope so!

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@rebel_scum: Don't worry, there's still plenty of Barry being a total klutz in the remake.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And it's finally official! 100% contagion ect. It was always undoubtedly going to hit its mark anyway, but still it's nice to have solid confirmation.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris looks like he's wearing a fax machine or something.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped for the sake of new trailer!

Montezuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Montezuma

Really impressed by that trailer, visually. The lighting in particular looks fantastic (I never played the original version though so all of this is new and pretty to me either way).

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By hassun

Is it just me or does Chris at least look a little less steroid-infused in this version?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Is it just me or does Chris at least look a little less steroid-infused in this version?

Chris has always looked a little less like a mutant when wearing his Lost in Nightmares attire. Likely 'cause he doesn't have dem treetrunks on show.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: You should! It's really, really good. Though I say this completely unbeknownst as to what your thoughts are for RE5 or Resident Evil in general... But suffice to say it's one of the best examples of proving that a modern day survival horror Resident Evil game could totally work. Just too bad it's so short.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: My thought on RE5 are that it's a pretty bad game only worth playing in co-op. Which is what I did, but I never played any DLC or whatever.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wampa1

@yummylee: This calls for a model size comparison with the boss'! It is honestly a little hard for me to see that Chris model and imagine him having an issue with any of the slow ass enemies in the older games, can only see him wind up punching hunters now...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.