Resident Evil REmake for gamecube/ What's your fastest time?

#1 Posted by killakevin3 (6 posts) -

I was bored today and I thought I would play this older game and see how well i remembered the game. It turns out i remembered it very well since i finished the game in 2hours and 11minutes with Jill on hard. Whats your best time?

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

0:00:00

#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I... I cheated. Used the grenade launcher ammo glitch with Jill when I beat it. And even then, I probably had the slowest time in history, because I was terrified with every step I took.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

not REmake, but the original resident evil took me ages to finish because i continue to be awful at thinking for myself in video games 

#5 Posted by killakevin3 (6 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I... I cheated. Used the grenade launcher ammo glitch with Jill when I beat it. And even then, I probably had the slowest time in history, because I was terrified with every step I took. "
well I used the infinite ammo samurai edge too. Its almost impossible to do other ways =P
#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Never finished it. One of the most gorgeous and best-looking games that exist, but crimson heads and the - still, and never less infuriating - item screen limitation got the best of me. As a Silent Hill fanboy, there is also a strong reluctance and disagreement in me to playing through such a game without an interesting plot and engaging storytelling as reward. 

On top of that, its depressing to see this game and think about what games we could play today if prerendered backgrounds were still in use. Sigh.

#7 Posted by killakevin3 (6 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" Never finished it. One of the most gorgeous and best-looking games that exist, but crimson heads and the - still, and never less infuriating - item screen limitation got the best of me. As a Silent Hill fanboy, there is also a strong reluctance and disagreement in me to playing through such a game without an interesting plot and engaging storytelling as reward.    On top of that, its depressing to see this game and think about what games we could play today if prerendered backgrounds were still in use. Sigh. "
Is it that wrong to like both? I love silent hill and resident evil. I wish i could play all the silent hill's but after playing 2 i was like "fuck going through that torture again". torture as in how goddamn scary it was
#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11418 posts) -

It took me two tries, but I did manage to unlock the Rocket Launcher with around.... 15 minutes to spare? I also used the Samurai Edge, because it was there. I really don't consider it cheating, as it really only helps you in the initial mansion part. However, I have never managed to do it again. That might be because REmake is pretty dang hard and requires a decent amount of concentration, wheras I have unlocked the Rocket Launcher on Resident Evil DS (which is just the PS1 original, but you can skip cutscenes so lower times are possible) for all four possible playthroughs (Chris and Jill on classic and reborn modes)

#9 Posted by killakevin3 (6 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" It took me two tries, but I did manage to unlock the Rocket Launcher with around.... 15 minutes to spare? I also used the Samurai Edge, because it was there. I really don't consider it cheating, as it really only helps you in the initial mansion part. However, I have never managed to do it again. That might be because REmake is pretty dang hard and requires a decent amount of concentration, wheras I have unlocked the Rocket Launcher on Resident Evil DS (which is just the PS1 original, but you can skip cutscenes so lower times are possible) for all four possible playthroughs (Chris and Jill on classic and reborn modes) "
you should try a play through with chris on hard with no infinate rocket launcher and making sure that every zombie will eventually turn into a crimson head (so no burning the zombies). Its alot of fun
#10 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@killakevin3 said:
" @Meowayne said:
" Never finished it. One of the most gorgeous and best-looking games that exist, but crimson heads and the - still, and never less infuriating - item screen limitation got the best of me. As a Silent Hill fanboy, there is also a strong reluctance and disagreement in me to playing through such a game without an interesting plot and engaging storytelling as reward.    On top of that, its depressing to see this game and think about what games we could play today if prerendered backgrounds were still in use. Sigh. "
Is it that wrong to like both?"
Not at all. And its not that I don't like it, I think it's a fantastic game. For me it was just too unnecessarily difficult while not being rewarding enough. But who knows, I suppose there will be a portable version some day, which would certainly bring me back to finish it.
#11 Posted by king0fprussia (147 posts) -
@Meowayne:
Would portability really work for the Resident Evil series?  The whole crazy savepoint system seems against the current trends of portable gaming (see the DS's sleep function, etc.).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.