Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 22, 1996

The first in a long line of action-oriented survival-horror games, Resident Evil pits a small group of special forces agents against hordes of zombies and other mutated creatures in a mysterious mansion.

GC question when you start game

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MikeydCT

what does the question at the begin of the game do? does it change difficulty? 

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

yep. it's basically a difficulty screen.

EDIT: i think the mountain climbing one is the harder difficulty.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Romination

Yeah, it does. Obviously, the descriptions do explain it, so the one that sounds easier is easier but the harder is harder. Past that, there's a difficulty on Chris and Jill, but that's stated explicitly. 

Great fucking game, hope you enjoy it.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MikeydCT
    @Romination: Im not enjoying it. I get lost for a half hour, find a item, open a door then get lost again. I pick the answer that sounded easy and playing with chris. should it take almost a whole clip of ammo from a pistol to kill a zombie? The game not scaring me its pissing me off.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @MikeydCT said:
    " @Romination: Im not enjoying it. I get lost for a half hour, find a item, open a door then get lost again. I pick the answer that sounded easy and playing with chris. should it take almost a whole clip of ammo from a pistol to kill a zombie? The game not scaring me its pissing me off. "
    i recently played through Resi:DS and noticed how easy REbirth mode was...in REbirth mode, you can kill a zombie/hunter/chimera/anything with 4-5 shots..but in the original mode, it takes 6-8 to kill a zombie...so yea, it's hard.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Romination
    @MikeydCT: Yes. Zombies take forever to go down. Try to avoid where you can rather than taking them down, THEY WILL COME BACK TO LIFE UNLESS YOU BLOW UP THEIR HEADS OR BURN THEM.

I'm guessing you may not have played that many old survival horror games? They're like that. I still enjoy Resident Evil but there's no shame in using a guide.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.