Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 22, 1996

The first in a long line of action-oriented survival-horror games, Resident Evil pits a small group of special forces agents against hordes of zombies and other mutated creatures in a mysterious mansion.

Wii REmake Confirmed

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Following on from the release of Resident Evil Zero on Wii in Japan, Capcom will also be porting the next game in the storyline, the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil.

According to GoNintendo, revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu, the game will be almost an exact port of REmake, and will support the Gamecube controller. The main focus, like Zero, will be the new Wii Remote controls, one function that has been confirmed is Shaking the Wiimote to draw your gun.

Like Resident Evil Zero, this port is expected to stay in Japan, where it will be released on December 25th. Some are speculating that these re-releases are in preparation for a Resident Evil 2 Remake...

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Capcom, please stop.

Wait, what's that??? Resident Evil 2 remake? Oh, Capcom, please continue your work!

Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Robocop111

I don't know if Capcom knows this, but you can play the Gamecube version on the Wii.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha - if they remade them Resi Evil 4 style than I would TOTALLY go for them. The old RE games are too hard. *rolls eyes*

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Lemegeton

totally pointless. they think because the Wii cant handle Resi 5 that they need to do this.
    nobody will buy this Capcom

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

It will barely be different from the gamecube remakes...maybe have a few stupid ass motion cotnrol shit added but its exactly the same, it doesn't even look better from what I've seen. If they're going to make any old RE remakes they really need to stop the nintendo console bullshit and do it on others.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

~RE4 was one of the few games where i thought using motion controls felt good...

Shabran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Shabran

Let them do what they want

Capcome are on fire this year
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK
    pause422 said:
    "It will barely be different from the gamecube remakes...maybe have a few stupid ass motion cotnrol shit added but its exactly the same, it doesn't even look better from what I've seen. If they're going to make any old RE remakes they really need to stop the nintendo console bullshit and do it on others."
    waaah
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    pause422 said:
    "It will barely be different from the gamecube remakes...maybe have a few stupid ass motion cotnrol shit added but its exactly the same, it doesn't even look better from what I've seen. If they're going to make any old RE remakes they really need to stop the nintendo console bullshit and do it on others."
    waaah
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gizmo

The wii is dead, get over it, PS3 and X360 are the only options for console GAMERS, not forgetting pc.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Randolph

REmake and Zero would be easy games to put up on the PSN and XBLM as downloadable titles.  I'd prefer that, with some improvements, to a port on a system it can already be played on, with some kind of motion control/waggle shoehorned in.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emilio

I still say they should make a RE2 Remake, not a port.
    And they better build it from the ground up.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Randolph
    Linkyshinks said:
    "

crunchUK said:
    "~RE4 was one of the few games where i thought using motion controls felt good..."

I agree, I just wish the default AI was hiked up a result."
    Agreed, the controls in RE4 Wii were actually accurate to a fault.  RE4 had a very carefully balanced level of challenge.  The aiming in RE4 Wii however pretty much destroyed it.  Especially in situations with dynamite carriers, as shooting the dynamite in their hands went from a really special and rare thing, to something you could do with great ease.  But they really didn't seem to take that into account when removing the aiming "wobble". (though the sniper rifle still has it, I guess they recognized at least that the rifles with no wobble at all would be a literal "win button") It's still the version thats the most fun to play, but the lack of challenge kept me from replaying that version.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose

I think im pretty much the only one wishing this comes here, because i never got the chance to play the original

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By brukaoru

I knew this would happen. Capcom couldn't resist. I never did understand why they didn't port this to the PS2, since they did with RE4 without worrying about the deal they had with Nintendo.

Hopefully the controls are good. A lot of people didn't play this and it is a fantastic game that any Resident Evil fan should play.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Emilio
    brukaoru said:
    "I knew this would happen. Capcom couldn't resist. I never did understand why they didn't port this to the PS2, since they did with RE4 without worrying about the deal they had with Nintendo.

Hopefully the controls are good. A lot of people didn't play this and it is a fantastic game that any Resident Evil fan should play."
    Maybe it would have lost some of its graphical quality, I dunno. I mean, I really think this game is leaps better looking than RE4, and I think people are crazy when they say RE4 was the best looking Cube game.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By brukaoru
    Emilio said:
    "Maybe it would have lost some of its graphical quality, I dunno. I mean, I really think this game is leaps better looking than RE4, and I think people are crazy when they say RE4 was the best looking Cube game."
    RE4 lost some of it's graphical quality when it was ported to the PS2. I don't think Capcom cares about that. I guess they just didn't want to take the time to port it because there wasn't a demand or petition for it... if there was a petition, it probably did not have as many signatures as the RE4 to PS2 petition had.

I have to agree, I think REMake looked better than RE4 as well.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By clubsandwich

Wow, the topic title got me all exited for nothing, I was expecting a built from the ground up game, not a miserable port of a 6 year old game, and not adding anything new, what a shame, this could've made me buy a Wii, I fucking love REmake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.