Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Step back into the shoes of Nathan Hale and fight against the Chimeran invasion of the United States in Resistance 2.

I Don't Know Who I Should Be Pissed At...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By fr0br0

Whoo Daddy am I pissed right now. This Christmas I got Resistance 2 and I was pretty psyched to play it. Despite the backlash against it, I started playing the campaign first. You know, to get a feel for the weapons. By surprise, I actually enjoyed the campaign quite a bit.

After taking a few days to finishing the single player, I was anxious to try out some co-op with some of my friends. The first thing to go wrong was with the party system. At 1 in the morning, me and my bud decide we want to try it out. I pull up my friends list, everything seems fine, pull up his name, everything seems fine, send him an invite to my party, ... I wait... and I wait. He tells me to send another. I send another. Still I wait in an empty party. Finally he texts me telling me that when he tries to join me party, nothing happens. I tell him "no shit." I tell my other friend to sign on and see if it works. He signs on, sends me a party invite, I try to except, nothing happens. I'm thinking "WTF?" He tells me he sent one to my previous friend and they were both in the same party waiting for me. Now I'm thinking "Dude WTF?" I keep trying to join my friends damn party, but no luck.

Finally my stuborness to joining a party ends and I decide that I can maybe host a co-op game and invite my friends to that. I go into the matchmaking screen, tweak everything to my liking, and BAM, a game starts up. Finally I think I'm getting through, but about 10 seconds in the game I disconnect. Now I'm thinking "OMG DUDE WTF WAS THAT!" I was getting pissed off at the fact that I couldn't do anything with my friends through this game, but to let me join a game and then disconnect me UGH... Next thing I do is try to join the competitive multiplyer matches. The games list comes up and I can see every game currently being played. When I try to join one my screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then displays the message "Establishing Connection Failed."

Never before have I had ANY issue with any other game before Resistance. I switch out disks to see if that game works. It works just fine. I test my internet connection through my PS3. It works just fine. I even opened my entire fucking firewall to see if that was blocking my connection to that certain server. Didn't work. Now I'm thinking "...Fuck you Insomniac."

I search the internet for similar problems and I actually find many threads about it. However none of the threads had any solution other than the idiotic "Well its works fors mes. Sucks fors yous lololo." So my last chance was in the love of my life, Giant Bomb. I created a thread here, but got almost no replies. The one helpful reply I did get however told me my problem may rely in my router. Never thought of it, but I do remember people talking about how getting a new router solved many problems.

I now have my decision to buy a new router. I have my eye on this one: Linksys WRT54g. And by the end of the day I am pissed. Pissed at Insomniac for setting up their servers to be blocked by my router. Pissed at Sony for allowing Insomniac to set up their server so it will be blocked by my router. Pissed at my D Link router for blocking so damn much. And pissed at myself for buying a whole new router just to play Resistance 2. All I know is that co-op better be damn good or I'm posting a video of myself taking a piss over everything I just listed above.

To calm myself, I just got a piece of pie and I'm going to open up my new copy of Persona 4 I also got for Christmas and try that out.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fr0br0

Whoo Daddy am I pissed right now. This Christmas I got Resistance 2 and I was pretty psyched to play it. Despite the backlash against it, I started playing the campaign first. You know, to get a feel for the weapons. By surprise, I actually enjoyed the campaign quite a bit.

After taking a few days to finishing the single player, I was anxious to try out some co-op with some of my friends. The first thing to go wrong was with the party system. At 1 in the morning, me and my bud decide we want to try it out. I pull up my friends list, everything seems fine, pull up his name, everything seems fine, send him an invite to my party, ... I wait... and I wait. He tells me to send another. I send another. Still I wait in an empty party. Finally he texts me telling me that when he tries to join me party, nothing happens. I tell him "no shit." I tell my other friend to sign on and see if it works. He signs on, sends me a party invite, I try to except, nothing happens. I'm thinking "WTF?" He tells me he sent one to my previous friend and they were both in the same party waiting for me. Now I'm thinking "Dude WTF?" I keep trying to join my friends damn party, but no luck.

Finally my stuborness to joining a party ends and I decide that I can maybe host a co-op game and invite my friends to that. I go into the matchmaking screen, tweak everything to my liking, and BAM, a game starts up. Finally I think I'm getting through, but about 10 seconds in the game I disconnect. Now I'm thinking "OMG DUDE WTF WAS THAT!" I was getting pissed off at the fact that I couldn't do anything with my friends through this game, but to let me join a game and then disconnect me UGH... Next thing I do is try to join the competitive multiplyer matches. The games list comes up and I can see every game currently being played. When I try to join one my screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then displays the message "Establishing Connection Failed."

Never before have I had ANY issue with any other game before Resistance. I switch out disks to see if that game works. It works just fine. I test my internet connection through my PS3. It works just fine. I even opened my entire fucking firewall to see if that was blocking my connection to that certain server. Didn't work. Now I'm thinking "...Fuck you Insomniac."

I search the internet for similar problems and I actually find many threads about it. However none of the threads had any solution other than the idiotic "Well its works fors mes. Sucks fors yous lololo." So my last chance was in the love of my life, Giant Bomb. I created a thread here, but got almost no replies. The one helpful reply I did get however told me my problem may rely in my router. Never thought of it, but I do remember people talking about how getting a new router solved many problems.

I now have my decision to buy a new router. I have my eye on this one: Linksys WRT54g. And by the end of the day I am pissed. Pissed at Insomniac for setting up their servers to be blocked by my router. Pissed at Sony for allowing Insomniac to set up their server so it will be blocked by my router. Pissed at my D Link router for blocking so damn much. And pissed at myself for buying a whole new router just to play Resistance 2. All I know is that co-op better be damn good or I'm posting a video of myself taking a piss over everything I just listed above.

To calm myself, I just got a piece of pie and I'm going to open up my new copy of Persona 4 I also got for Christmas and try that out.

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Moon

The router is probably not the problem. Try buying a different modem.

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mandeponium

* I don't know at whom I should be pissed *

Actually it sounds like you do know whom you should be pissed at.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Same problem here man : (
    Lets go fuck up some Insomniac employee`s ; )

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fr0br0
    Bucketdeth said:
    "Same problem here man : (
    Lets go fuck up some Insomniac employee`s ; )"
    You got it too, suck huh? What router do you use?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I`m plugged right intoFr0Br0 said:

"Bucketdeth said:
    "Same problem here man : (
    Lets go fuck up some Insomniac employee`s ; )"
    You got it too, suck huh? What router do you use?"
    I`m plugged right into a modem.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fr0br0

So it may be my modem. Argh I'm so confused...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't understand the party system either.

Although, I've never really had a problem connecting to a match. Occassionally skirmish matches drop out and from time to time and co-op match with not start up properly but it's very rare.

Did you download the latest patch?

HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HelixSnake

If I were you, I'd be pissed at get2sammyb.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rowr

I have had issues in the past on the 360 when i didnt have an open connection. Try plugging the modem straight into the ps3 rather than going through a router.

Otherwise i cant help.

try contacting sony or insomniac support or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.