Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Step back into the shoes of Nathan Hale and fight against the Chimeran invasion of the United States in Resistance 2.

Resistance fall of man VS. Resistance 2

scumble373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scumble373

What are the pros and cons of each game and which comes out as the better game?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

resistance 2 has everything in rfom and more. better story, better online, better everything...

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    shadows_kill said:
    "resistance 2 has everything in rfom and more. better story, better online, better everything..."
    Definitely not better story. Resistance: Fall of Man's story was better about showing the nature of the conflict and not just capitalizing on generic American environments.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shadows_kill
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "resistance 2 has everything in rfom and more. better story, better online, better everything..."
    Definitely not better story. Resistance: Fall of Man's story was better about showing the nature of the conflict and not just capitalizing on generic American environments."
    i find r2's story alot better. also r2's ending is very epic
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    shadows_kill said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    Definitely not better story. Resistance: Fall of Man's story was better about showing the nature of the conflict and not just capitalizing on generic American environments."
    i find r2's story alot better. also r2's ending is very epic"
    By the time it got there, I didn't care about any of the characters, even Hale.
    ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ltcoljaxson
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    i find r2's story alot better. also r2's ending is very epic"
    By the time it got there, I didn't care about any of the characters, even Hale."
    Same as the rest of us.
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

2 is better in almost every way. But with the lack of narration it was harder for the story to really feel "real".

Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Two

I enjoyed 1 better, though the graphics surely don't hold up very well. Neither do 2's really. Both games were a good time though.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

i like the first one a lot. but the new one had better pacing and funner levels and awesome big epic scope. the online is much better and the co-op is genius. rfom had split screen co-op single player mode and that was a definite plus. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By c1337us

I have only been playing Resistance 2 over the last few days. And I havent even tapped into the multiplayer aspect of it yet, which I understated to be the high light of the title. But based solely on the solo campaign Fall of Man is a clear winner for me. 2 lost all of the WWII era vibe (Aliens as an alternative to Nazi's thing) that was a hallmark of the first game. The graphics while decent, just havent done it for me particularly in those portions when you are forced to used torch light to proceed. And as mentioned all ready by others, I just dont care about the characters within the game. Even Hale.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AuthenticM

Resistance FoM has a better campaign, while Resistance 2 has a better multiplayer.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Keeng
    AuthenticM said:
    "Resistance FoM has a better campaign, while Resistance 2 has a better multiplayer."
    That's the general view that everyone shares. I personally think every aspect of R2 is better including the story. It felt like a logical extension of what would have happened if the Chimera invaded the rest of the world. The game expanded upon the concepts of the original and I think that is what a sequel should aim to do with it's story. I also liked how Hale is still just a soldier in this army instead a Master Chief or Snake type of character. Anyway, the multiplayer aspects are also much better than those of Resistance: Fall of Man.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By get2sammyb

Fall Of Man's story is infinitely better than Resistance 2. Resistance Retribution (the new PSP game) has an infinitely better story than Fall Of Man.

Resistance 2 has the best multiplayer.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Keeng

I see why people enjoy FoM's narration over R2's first person style of storytelling but FoM doesn't go anywhere! Lots of things happen in R2's story and you see a lot more places. 

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Will1Lucky

Resistance FOM: Best Story overall
    Resistance 2: Good expansion on characters and a the better multiplayer.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By damswedon

Fall of man had the best use of recharging health in games for a long time. in context to the story

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Keeng
    damswedon said:
    "Fall of man had the best use of recharging health in games for a long time. in context to the story"
    Ooh, good point. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.