Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

First R3 Review (IGN)

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Surkov
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm pretty sure IGN are always first to get their reviews out because they get their copies first because they're the biggest video game journalism corporation because they kiss ass and sugarcoat the fucked up games and lie about them because they get paid for it.

Whew, that was a long sentence. Anyway, kids, don't trust that shitty website.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Mystyr_E

Gametrailers, Joystiq and Eurogamer have reviews as well so far and all 3 are actually quite positive

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Grissefar

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm pretty sure IGN are always first to get their reviews out because they get their copies first because they're the biggest video game journalism corporation because they kiss ass and sugarcoat the fucked up games and lie about them because they get paid for it.

Fight the system, mahn. C'mon, don't be a dick about a website just because they are big and have clicktraps.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By MEATBALL

It's sounding like it's a pretty enjoyable single-player campaign, I think I'll be checking it out when the wallet permits, a bunch of other games take priority at the moment, though.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

@AhmadMetallic said:

This.

Stop posting links to that shit!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

Ehh, I might rent it when I'm extremely bored like I did with the second game, except that game just made me even more bored.

An intense shooter experience that proves hard to resist.

Just watch me, motherfucker.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By face15

I think I'm in the minority but I actually really enjoyed Resistance 2. I'm pretty indifferent to the review, but some of the gameplay in the video review looks cool. I'll definately check this out sometime.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Yes, but most people gave Resistance 2 high scores because of its multiplayer, this game seems to have a good campaign, and I'm all for that. Now I'm excited, like I probably should have been. I liked Resistance: Fall of Man and its sequel, but they had little replay value for me so it came off as highly awkward. 

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By coakroach

If the plot didn't suck so much Resistance 2 would have been amazing. 
    The guns and enemies (except for chameleons) were far more interesting and fun than the average first person shooter.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

Oooooh this game seems good, thought they were going to crap it out like Resistance 2

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sooty

I thought Resistance 2 was pretty crappy, I got bored fast with the campaign and the plot leaves so much to be desired.

On the bright side the co-op was pretty cool.

Dayewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dayewalker

I'm probably gonna grab this today while I'm out and about. Hell, why not?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Sooty

That video review actually makes it look pretty damn compelling.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@Afroman269 said:

Spat out my cola reading this. GG

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fruitcocoa

The review is awesome, this game sounds fantastic... But wait, so did the first one and the second one and I found them extremely boring. :/

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dogma

I have played it for a few days now and it's quite fun. I have only played the campaign though. I miss some really awesome set pieces that can blow me away but the core mechanics of the game are actually fun enough to make the shooting part really fun and varied. The weapons are diverse and there is actual tactical advantage using different weapons on different enemies and during different situations. I allways tend to remember the set pieces or scripted events in these kind of games but with Resistance 3 the funfactor actually lies in the combat. It's also wierd to have a classic energy meter and not a meter that refills itself like all other games out there, instead you have to scavage after energy pick ups. That gives Resistance 3 some kind of old school edge to it.

I short. I have been enjoying it BUT I do not have super much experience with the series so all this I'm saying could be normal Resistance stuff. But as I said, the combat is quite frantic, fast paced and fun.

EDIT: I have now seen Gametrailers review and I think I agree with their take on things. They have clearly improved the campaign.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By GoofyGoober

Not sure. I didn't finish the first two games because they were so damn boring. So I damn sure ain't taking a risk and spending 60 on this one.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By left4doof

These threads are dumb . They tend to just boil down to people bashing  Ign.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust
    Joystiq gave the game 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

...Resistance 3 exchanges the genre's all-too-familiar bravado for a pervasive and relentless air of desperation. It's a subtle substitution, but it's single-handedly responsible for making Resistance 3 one of the most compelling shooters I've ever played.

....resulting in a campaign that feels like a disjointed sequence of scenes from a dozen different action movies. Fortunately, each episode packs a satisfying wallop -- a near-miracle, considering the sheer diversity of the settings Insomniac has constructed.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RE_Player1

@LunarAura said:

@Afroman269 said:

Spat out my cola reading this. GG

I kind of choked when I was swallowing some water. Thank you very much.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jimbo

The TV ad for this is one of the worst I have seen, and I'm including tampon ads while you're trying to eat in that.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SomeJerk

I do not feel anything for R1 or R2 and nothing about R3 has made me even think about it.. but KZ3 was effin amazing, and I love it, even the multi!

And I'm a PC gamer spoilt by our quality FPS heritage, mouse and keyboard, better performance and A/V quality! What gives :<

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@left4doof said:

These threads are dumb . They tend to just boil down to people bashing Ign.

Bashing IGN isn't dumb. It's easy and lazy but it isn't dumb.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

Glad to see all of the warm reception it's getting. Though to be fair, Resistance 2 was also highly received on a lot of fronts and plenty of people (not including me) still disregarded it entirely. The decline with its multiplayer focus is a shame--especially towards the cooperative side--but a stronger single player, with its welcome embrace towards the more old-school shooters, should leave me satisfied with my preorder.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By WightnNerdy

I wouldn't really trust this review by IGN, personally. I feel as if most of the editors there are fanboy-ish, especially people like Greg Miller and Audrey Drake. It seems like they will give any exclusive game a high score just because the game is exclusive. I'm not saying that this is 100% accurate, but that's just the feeling I get from reading their reviews.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AhmadMetallic said:

@CptBedlam said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

This.

You're both idiots for having this mindset.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CptBedlam

@Manhattan_Project said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@CptBedlam said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

This.

You're both idiots for having this mindset.

You're a naive moron.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By left4doof

I fucking hate these threads .

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By tebbit

Reviewers have always been strangely kind to the Resistance series. The original got decent scores, and Resistance 2 was fairly acclaimed. I enjoyed both, but never to the extent that the reviews suggested, and I'm not sure why.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CptBedlam: You're right they totally do get paid, thats why IGN gave Brink a 6/10 while every page was covered with ads for it.

Yep all that money is why they all live in huge apartments, drive expensive cars and wear all the best clothes.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By handlas
    @Tebbit said:

Reviewers have always been strangely kind to the Resistance series. The original got decent scores, and Resistance 2 was fairly acclaimed. I enjoyed both, but never to the extent that the reviews suggested, and I'm not sure why.

I agree with the reviews. I don't get why everyone else seems to dislike the series. And R3 seems to be being released with little fan fare.

Too generic i guess? Aliens invading the world. Still fun tho. And I think the opposite as everyone else. R2 had better singleplayer and R1 had better multiplayer. Looks like R3 meshes them both together to an extent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.