Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

How long is Resistance 3's single player campaign?

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Taefarinas

I'm really interested in this game, so I've arranged to borrow a PS3. I would like to know how long the single player campaign is so I can decide if I should buy it (vs. renting).

Thanks!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By MetalBaofu

I don't remember my exact playtime, but I think it's between about 6-8 hours, depending on the difficulty and how much time you take lookin' around for stuff. I rented it through Gamefly, and finished the campaign on normal in two nights.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I played on ''Difficult'' (which I'd advise because the game is still a little too easy even on that) from the outset and it took me roughly 8-9 hours; decent single player length for a linear shooter I'd say.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Taefarinas

Thank you! Rent it is.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By metalmoog

I beat it on normal in 7.5 hours. Currently am going through the campaign again a second time because it saves all of your weapon stats and allows you to finish upgrading the rest of them! The campaign was so much fun, I fired it up again as soon as the credits rolled. Never done that before with any shooter.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Taefarinas

@metalhead87:@MetalMoog: @Abyssfull: Thanks you guys. I've never played a FPS before, and it took a lot longer than expected (16+ hours) on casual. My brother-in-law thought it was funny. I'm pretty good at RPGs and time management stuff - obviously FPS are on a totally different scale. It was great though, and I managed to finish 3 hours before it was due. Were I to own a PS3, I would also play it a second time - maybe I'd even go for normal difficulty...

Also, my sister was watching the credits with me. She noticed that there were "Production Babies" listed - something like 25 babies were born during the making of Resistance 3. She looks at me, says "why on Earth would they credit babies? Oh, I know! They beta tested the baby difficulty - you know, the one you were playing on!" Yup. Baby difficulty is tough for me.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By kingzetta

like 8 or 9 hours 

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Taefarinas: Ah....didn't know you had never played a FPS...that can definitely increase the playtime. Anyways, glad to hear you got through it and enjoyed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.