Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

The First Resistance 3 Images Sneak Onto The Internet

• 87 results
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

A picture-pilferer going by the bro-tacular name "1337guyzorz2" is probably giving Insomniac Games and SCEA PR fits right now, much like a similar cat had WBIE marketing folks punching themselves in the thigh over the Batman: Arkham CityInternet image spill recently. You see, "guyzorz2" has uploaded a bunch of supposed Resistance 3 images on a public Flickr account, eating away at what hype would have surely followed the game's first in-game action reveal.

Unfortunately, he's revealed little else other than a reaffirmation that things still don't look too good for the people living in the world of Resistance. There's aliens all over place, lots of of bloom, and apparently bone and leather necklaces are still in. 

See? Things don't look so good for our survivors.

Insomniac joked about Resistance 3 being one of the worst kept secrets ever as it officially announced the title at Gamescom in Cologne. Ironically, the studio has managed to keep the details about the game locked down so tight that I'm almost afraid to call it an FPS--and that's after watching the live-action trailer. I find these images haven't really helped me understand more, but these also haven't been released via an official channel which would normally provide some context (if these are, in fact, real).

== TEASER ==I can say with confidence, at least, that these shots look pretty. Have a look:   

Hey, you've changed, man.

I'm trying to figure out if that's a cellphone or a mine in his hand.

This is where I'd usually make a joke about a monster resembling your mother.

Here's the rest of the screenshots: 

And the concept art. 

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

A picture-pilferer going by the bro-tacular name "1337guyzorz2" is probably giving Insomniac Games and SCEA PR fits right now, much like a similar cat had WBIE marketing folks punching themselves in the thigh over the Batman: Arkham CityInternet image spill recently. You see, "guyzorz2" has uploaded a bunch of supposed Resistance 3 images on a public Flickr account, eating away at what hype would have surely followed the game's first in-game action reveal.

Unfortunately, he's revealed little else other than a reaffirmation that things still don't look too good for the people living in the world of Resistance. There's aliens all over place, lots of of bloom, and apparently bone and leather necklaces are still in. 

Insomniac joked about Resistance 3 being one of the worst kept secrets ever as it officially announced the title at Gamescom in Cologne. Ironically, the studio has managed to keep the details about the game locked down so tight that I'm almost afraid to call it an FPS--and that's after watching the live-action trailer. I find these images haven't really helped me understand more, but these also haven't been released via an official channel which would normally provide some context (if these are, in fact, real).

== TEASER ==I can say with confidence, at least, that these shots look pretty. Have a look:   

Here's the rest of the screenshots: 

And the concept art. 

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Double0hFor

Cool?

tapsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tapsoda
    @Double0hFor said:
    " Cool? "
    spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spiceninja

Use Guns to Kill Aliens: THE GAME

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

I'm not a fan of the Resistance Franchise... but the Co-Op was pretty awesome in the last game.

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Goldanas

I've never enjoyed the "self-referential" "jokes" that make their way into image descriptions. It's like there's some kind of law that says every writer needs to force this despondent humor into every under-image text. 

If that's your bag, and you enjoy seeing it over and over, then right on to you, brother. Me? They can fuck off right to Hell.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @tapsoda said:
    " @Double0hFor said:
    " Cool? "
    "
    Yes, for Resistance fans, this is cool. It's been a while since Resistance 2. Hopefully the single player in this one will be better than in the second (it's kind of sad when the PSP side game is more fun). 
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By jorbear

I kinda like the amount of bloom. It looks good.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Demyx

I remember the cinematic for this game and it was pretty awesome so I have a lot of hope. Plus, of what I've played of Resistance 2, I didn't like it much. Multiplayer was good, Co-op, idk, i only played twice and had a horrible group both times.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

These shots seem to capture the mood of the first Resistance, which is definitely a good thing.  Also, Insomniac's decision to change their games from 60 to 30 fps is clearly paying dividends when it comes to detailed graphics.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Can't wait to learn more! I know I'm in the minority but the Resistance games are my FPS of choice.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Example1013
    @TurboMan said:
    " I'm not a fan of the Resistance Franchise... but the Co-Op was pretty awesome in the last game. "
    What are you talking about? Co-op sucked in the last game. It was the most lifeless, boring, empty co-op experience I've ever seen. The first game let you play through the story with 2 people. That was cool, because you were still getting the action. There was no real action, no real tension, no real story, and no real reason to play. My friend and I spent 5 minutes standing around before we decided never to try it again.

I'll be honest, the real reason I hate R2, though, is because of the ending. It really pissed me off to see what happened happen, not in the least because it really made no sense in any way whatsoever.

If they retcon or adjust the ending and create a story as quality as the first game, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, this doesn't interest me.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By MisterMouse

cool stuff! cant wait to see some gameplay

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By lordofultima
    @example1013: I think you're delusional, since the co-op was the only redeeming quality about Resistance 2.
    Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spankmealotus
    @example1013 said:

" @TurboMan said:

" I'm not a fan of the Resistance Franchise... but the Co-Op was pretty awesome in the last game. "

What are you talking about? Co-op sucked in the last game. It was the most lifeless, boring, empty co-op experience I've ever seen. The first game let you play through the story with 2 people. That was cool, because you were still getting the action. There was no real action, no real tension, no real story, and no real reason to play. My friend and I spent 5 minutes standing around before we decided never to try it again..."

Now, I never played it so I can't argue either way. However, it seems to me that you shouldn't make such a bold statement about it if you spent 5 minutes standing around not actually playing before quitting to never return to it.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword

Assuming these are in game shots and not bullshots, the game looks amazing. Definetly a upgrade from 2.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo

Stop trying to be funny, Nicholson, because you're not. Just write the fucking information.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By p_p_o_d

looks good... but resistance 2 looked good in its first screens aswell so Ill wait and see
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Example1013
    @lordofultima: I disagree

@Spankmealotus: I exaggerated a little. We spent probably 15 minutes in co-op. We didn't stand around, we actually played. It was boring as hell. There was no life or excitement to it at all. We faced probably 5 enemies, and didn't make it past them. And it was really boring fighting them.

I love story-mode splitscreen, but I'll even tolerate separate co-op missions, when they're done well. Spec ops in MW2 is a good example. There's no story or real point, beyond completing the missions, but the gameplay is exciting, sort of like levels similar to the campaign.

I really don't know how to explain it, and I can't really put my finger on what it was, but I can tell you that R2 co-op was a sucky snorefest.
    bigchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By bigchief

I am digging those screenshots(?). They're doing something with the color scheme that makes it look old timey, and I'm digging it. I like the new chimera designs too, and it seems to overall have a more apocalyptic vibe, which might suit Resistance. While I enjoyed Resistance 2 while I played it, on the whole it felt rather generic. I hope this one has a lot more atmosphere.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

What a shitty exclusive for the PS3.  Are they "ending the
    trilogy" for Resistance as well?   hahaha...copycatz.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By sopranosfan

It is so popular to hate Resistance games and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I like it better than Killzone 2 and think it is a very solid shooter especially in the sci-fi genre of shooters.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox

I must say I really, really hate the screen glare effects. Maybe they're better looking in motion, but it makes the screenshots look terrible. Ir makes me blink a number of times to make sure my contact lenses aren't smudged.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Sooperspy

I absolutely hated Resistance 1. I dont know about this game.

danpat177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By danpat177

gunna get a lot of hate for this  
    but i like resistance better then halo ? 
    i could just niver get into halo like i did resistance 

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the concept behind the franchise but the developers dont seem to know how to make a first person shooter. The first and second games seemed rusty, the controllers I mean. Not enough oil on the hinges.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Example1013
    @sopranosfan: I don't know why people would hate the games on the whole. There are parts that might be less appealing to different people, but overall they were fairly solid.

@Lind_L_Taylor: Because trilogies were so original 10 years ago. Hate to break it to you bud, but trilogies have been around for thousands of years. Sophocles' Oedipus plays? They make up a trilogy. Just as an example.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Sweet.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GunnBjorn

As mediocre as the first two were, they probably sold enough to warrant the third game in the series. We can call it a franchise then, huh?
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By face15

I don't understand why everyone be hating on Resistance 2. The campaign was good, the co-op was great and the multiplayer, while not necessarily amazing, was at least unique. 
    These screenshots look like there was more to the teaser than I thought, this should be very interesting.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Evilsbane

I couldn't stand 2 but this looks pretty but..we will see...

Keith_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Keith_Games

I hope there's no more "10k kills" trophies...
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By RobotHamster

This looks like its going to be great.  

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @example1013 said:

" @sopranosfan: I don't know why people would hate the games on the whole. There are parts that might be less appealing to different people, but overall they were fairly solid.

@Lind_L_Taylor: Because trilogies were so original 10 years ago. Hate to break it to you bud, but trilogies have been around for thousands of years. Sophocles' Oedipus plays? They make up a trilogy. Just as an example. "

Nah, I figured they would just copy Bungie (who is quitting
    Halo) & the Resistance folks would quit making Resistance 
    games.  Monkey see, monkey do.
    Miller129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Miller129

Looks pretty cool.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lab392

Well. It looks like Resistance 3. I hope it turns out great.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TerraDelu

Have your say here...

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the looks of this, also gives the impression that all of humanity lost the fight and this guy might be some sort of "resistance" fighter *pun kinda intended* like say the some of the French were in WWII after being taken by Germany (aka The French Resistance).

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bybeach

I like resistance 1. I saw it for what it was, an advertisement for the PS3, and in that context, it worked well. Otherwise it was derivative to a tee, that was only outdone by good original monster design. And despite the hd of it all and good animation, it also made brown an uncomfortable PS3 word for awhile. 

But it has served it's purpose, other better more colorful games have rolled out. Insomniac deserves appreciation from sony both for it's game and it's defence of the system. time to rest. 

And one thing, I do not understand the personal bitterness here. Say by that one poster that used to have really pretty asian chicks I sure liked in the avatar spot. IDK, complain to the management, but why rag on the guy for his sense of  humor? Maybe just me but I don't mind a chuckle or 2, no matter how little aware I am of it or not. I'm actually more leery of another writer (actually, camera holder and converstion interupter) here, though he garnishes more sympathy, and I can't see wanting his head, anyways.  I'll all work out with guidance or a word from the full-time  guys.

Why?
    XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By XenoZak
    @PlasmaBeam44 said:
    " Use Guns to Kill Aliens: THE GAME "
    Naw see its Use Guns to Kill Aliens : REACH
    boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By boylie

Meh to the first Resistance
    Got into the multiplayer beta for the second but that's as far as I went.  Did the story manage to become anything other then "use gun on alien, repeat"?  Did I miss out at all? 
     This one looks like they at least paid some attention to the character designs, so that's a plus

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gabriel

I actually liked 2's story so I'm interested to see where it goes.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Afroman269

Never cared for this series. Just found it bland and boring. Couldn't even finish Resistance 2. Only shooter on PS3 that I'll get pumped for is Killzone 3.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#45  Edited By Lazyaza

Never really cared much for the Resistance games, wish Insomniac would make something new and different.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Never really liked Resistance...hope this is good.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By awesomeusername
    @brosyn said:
    " Another Halo clone/console FPS.... yay.... whatever. I'll be busy playing good first-person shooters on the PC, thank you. "
    I hate when fanboys call this a Halo clone. How is this another Halo? Halo is another whole universe or something fighting aliens, with another whole story to it and like 600 years into the future from this game. Research this game and hopefully you're smart enough to see the difference because this is nowhere near Halo. 

But anyways, I don't like the way this is going. You can't just make an ending like that to R2 and start anew! That's a big ass cliffhanger! I need to know more! I don't want to play as some other turd! I want Nathan or at least the other guy at the end! Like start off R3 with the ending to R2 like God of War 3 did! 
    snattu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By snattu

Looks totally ace! The second game was a bit of a disappointment, so I hope this'll live up to the expectations.  

EDIT: And the first Resistance is one of the best console shooters around. It's still great fun in campaign co-op.  One of the best launch/near launch titles ever. 

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By Levio

Sometimes companies "leak" images on purpose to create hype.  So their PR might not be all that annoyed.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " @example1013 said:

" @sopranosfan: I don't know why people would hate the games on the whole. There are parts that might be less appealing to different people, but overall they were fairly solid.

@Lind_L_Taylor: Because trilogies were so original 10 years ago. Hate to break it to you bud, but trilogies have been around for thousands of years. Sophocles' Oedipus plays? They make up a trilogy. Just as an example. "

Nah, I figured they would just copy Bungie (who is quitting Halo) & the Resistance folks would quit making Resistance  games.  Monkey see, monkey do. "
    Halo has 6 games, that's no trilogy. Resistance has 3 games, that's a trilogy. You can't say they're copying Halo. Tell me. Have you played Resistance 1 & 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.