darkchaos08's Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (PlayStation 3) review

I am definitely looking forward to playing Resistance 2 now.

If you are looking for a first person shooter with all kinds of cool weapons, then this is the game for you. Both Chimera and Human weapons in this game are all fun to use. Insomniac did a very good job on the designs of the Chimera, some of them are annoying and some of them are hard. This game is also fairly long so you will have plenty of time to use the large selection of weapons. After you beat the single player story mode there is fun to be had in the multiplayer on-line mode, with up to 40 players. Or going through the game again to check out the new weapons you unlocked after beating the game the first time is fun, and gives this game a high replay value. I do however think that this game kind of lacks in the graphics department, the graphics are not terrible but in my opinion they could have had the same graphics on PS2. Other than the PS2 graphics i see no other problems.

Other reviews for Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (PlayStation 3)

R:FoM "used to be" a good game. 0

This game is one of my favorite FPS games.  Nathan Hale is my favorite character in this game because he plays a major part of the story.  The chimera race comes to invade the region of Europe, spreading around the world from there.  Nathan Hale and his squad is trying to stop the chimeras from taking over the world but throughout the game, Hale is half-chimera and half-human.  However, the chimera part gets worse as the story goes.. it's spreading like a virus and gets the worse out of Hale.  H...

Mediocre story, but solid AI makes a fun challenge throughout. 0

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to the PS3's launch "killer app." At first glance, Resistance looks like a fairly run-of-the-mill space marine shooter with lackluster graphics and a forgettable story. But what emerges (quickly) is an extremely challenging FPS that keeps you engaged not through pretty environments or a riveting plot, but tough fights that often require multiple attempts and different methods of attack to figure out how to survive. The "easy" difficulty is no safe haven -- ...