Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance: Retribution

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James who goes on a vendetta against the Chimera after he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center.

New Resistance: Retribution gameplay videos are fucking nuts!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_

Man, this game looks great. Check out this new shit from CES :-D Note that it's all off-camera, so it looks kind of shitty at parts, although you can clearly see how amazing all of the action is through the muck. Also note the seamless quick-loading from checkpoints. You don't get to see the new aiming system for the game much because the demonstrator was using a DS3 controller (as seen at the end of the first video). The gameplay is in the Infected Mode, which is made clear by the regenerating health. The last movie is an interview on the Infected gameplay.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

I'm doubtful about this game. The aiming system sounds kinda weird, and I won't be able to play Infected(don't own a PS3). I won't be able to pick this up on release anyway, so I guess I'll wait for player reviews and such.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Looks okay, the aiming does look a big weird to me. Graphics look nice, though. Camera looks like it could be a problem for close-range combat.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zitosilva

Looks interesting. I think the aiming decision, as long as it works, is brilliant considering the PSP limitations. I just can't get very excited about his because Resistance 2 killed almost all the interest I could have in the series.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Meeeh, I'd rather just play R2. Guess it's not really for me though, since I dont really ever do the whole handheld thing.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
    Icemael said:
    "I'm doubtful about this game. The aiming system sounds kinda weird, and I won't be able to play Infected(don't own a PS3). I won't be able to pick this up on release anyway, so I guess I'll wait for player reviews and such."
    Ever played a Sony Bend game before?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

Well despite the sceptics I thought it looked really impressive. The name "Grayson" for (presumably) the protagonist I'm not so keen on but as a big fan of the Resistance series I'll certainly be picking this up.

And I'll be playing with a Dualshock too I presume.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pause422

The studio is very talented and it looks like this is going to be a pretty good game.Being able to play with a normal controller is a pretty cool feat as well, but even on the PSP alone without one, I know Bend can make this work very well.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Looks cool, but not amazing. I have hopes though that this will be another reason to finally play my PSP. I needs a workout considering the last time I used it was last March for Patapon.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Otacon

Very impressed with the graphics.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By shadows_kill
    Icemael said:
    "I'm doubtful about this game. The aiming system sounds kinda weird, and I won't be able to play Infected(don't own a PS3). I won't be able to pick this up on release anyway, so I guess I'll wait for player reviews and such."
    its a psp game not a ps3 game.

RHCPfan24 said:
    "Looks cool, but not amazing. I have hopes though that this will be another reason to finally play my PSP. I needs a workout considering the last time I used it was last March for Patapon."

same just looks cool. im thinking of getting a psp this might be a reason to get one but im waiting for them to announce a psp 2 or something...
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_

So many people are not aware of the magic hands possessed by Bend :-(

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By pause422
    Lieutenant said:
    "Doesn't look like it plays that well.
    On the bright side it will stay true to the PS3 games if it plays like shit."
    Your insight is definitely taken to heart. Now, go troll elsewhere.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

DS3...? I thought this was a PSP game...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_
    LiquidPrince said:
    "DS3...? I thought this was a PSP game..."
    Watch the last video. The aiming doesn't look as smooth in those videos because it's not using the new targeting system designed specifically for playing it on the PSP. The guy there was trying to play it with the Dualshock and sucking balls at it.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael
    shadows_kill said:
    "Icemael said:
    its a psp game not a ps3 game.
    Infected is an extra mode that can only be unlocked by connecting Retribution to a PS3 with R2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.