Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resonance of Fate

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 28, 2010

A "gun battle" RPG developed at tri-Ace in collaboration with SEGA.

Which language track?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Vorbis

Now i'm not one of those who always demands a japanese audiotrack and have only used it once when the english VA was so terrible. I do prefer english VAs, but I honestly don't know what to use for RoF.

Firstly I can't listen to Vashyron without thinking Nathan Drake, I really hate that they have chose Nolan North for his VA. He's a great voice actor but all I hear is Nathan Drake, couldn't he have put on an accent or something?

Secondly, lots of people are saying the english language track is missing alot of voice and has text instead on unimportant parts because of disc capacity. Stuff like shop keepers and random npcs don't talk (this is especially annoying as I have the PS3 version).

However the Japanese track doesn't subtitle the combat, so I would miss some of the chatter.  It seems to repeat alot so I guess I wouldn't miss that much. Would I miss anything else if I switched to the Japanese track? 

Honestly, I just can't take another Nolan North main character.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vorbis

Heard theres chapter revelent chatter in some battles so looks like i'm sticking with the english VAs.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

English has nolan north mother fucka

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By white

The English in this is actually surprising good, at least in the story cutscenes. I find the characters more expressive in them when it's using the English track. It could be that we have star voice actor Nolan North in it - but whose to say?

Pitty the environment VA is abit terrible. Like that little girl in the first gun shop - she's supposed to be a shy stuttering lil' kid but in the English track she's terrible (JP one is fine). Also, if you ever go to Albona (which is around the mid-section of the game), notice how the girl wearing the maid costume at the items shop sounds like she is fucking 40 years old - with a sister who looks gorgeously young.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

English!  It has Drake!  :)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @Vorbis said:
    " I really hate that they have chose Nolan North for his VA. He's a great voice actor but all I hear is Nathan Drake "
    I thought that what makes a voice actor great is a believable performance as the CURRENT character they're portraying... :P
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Whenever I hear Nolan's character speak, its one of the few times where Nate didn't spring to mind oddly enough.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah I've gotten used to it now and don't hear Nates voice anymore. Combats alot more fun now I can understand whats being said and some of its genuinly funny.

@White: You're right, switching to the english track you really notice how bad some of the random villagers voices are, the girl at the shop was a good example. The enemy voices in combat are pretty good however.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By jacksukeru

Ah, I thought I reconized that voice from somewhere. I've only just started the game and picked Japanese from the get go, but switched to English once I noticed there were no subtitles for the battlechatter. 

Right now I'm undecided but I'm leaning towards the English voices, they're actually pretty good and I wouldn't understand half of the things said in and after battle otherwise.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Teran

The English is a hilarious mix of pretty good and "this is what happens when devs let their kids voice act".  I personally am playing with the english track but if you were to switch to Japanese I think you'd get subtitles so you'd not miss any of the chapter relevant info.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By neoepoch

It is kind of sad to see that developers and publishers only value Nolan North for his Drakeisms. The man can do a ridiculous range of voices but they are so obsessed with just using that voice. Anyway, the only Drake that I know of is Nathan Drake.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#12  Edited By vigorousjammer

The English VA is Good... but like everybody else has said, villager chat is kinda lame.

As long as the main characters and the bad guys all sound good (which they do) I'm cool with it.  They're the top priority.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Rhaknar

just started the game, and one of the reasons i even got it was because nolan north was in it, I don't mind me some Drake in my jrpgs. It frustrating tho that finally a jrpg has a japanese track (the last few I played didnt, FF13, Tales Of Vesperia, Star Ocean on the 360) and Im not going to use it because on my nolan love (thats right, i said it!)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.