Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Respawn Entertainment

Company »

Formed by ex-Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella, Respawn Entertainment is a game development company owned by EA.

7 (and counting) former Infinity Ward employees hired by Respawn

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JokerSmilez
     http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704164/TheFeed.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=twitterblog&utm_campaign=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704164&cmpid=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704164

Looks like the exodus has begun. Activision has publicly said they weren't worried about this because of their "deep bench of talent" but there's word they've been pulling people from other studios to fill the gaps left at IW as more and more people hand in their resignation.

I know it will be a while, but I'm very interested in the first game to come from this studio. Think what you may about MW as a franchise, but these guys make solid, polished gamss. With so much talk about them wanting to do something other  than another Call of Duty, I'm really intrigued to hear an announcement from them, whenever it comes.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Deep bench of talent? Like who? Also, do they understand how benches work? This is not a bench.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

cool shit right there. i think that infinity ward screwed themselves since people are quitting and joining up respawn.

can we say that the next modern warfare 3 is going to suck compared to 2 and 1?

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sanryd
    @iam3green said:
    " can we say that the next modern warfare 3 is going to suck compared to 2 and 1? "
    Is that even possible? 

jk lol I don't think it will "suck", but I think it might suffer a bit. I think we all very well know that it could be the shittiest game in the world, and still make fuckloads of moolah though.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @tdk08 said:
    " @iam3green said:
    " can we say that the next modern warfare 3 is going to suck compared to 2 and 1? "
    Is that even possible?   jk lol I don't think it will "suck", but I think it might suffer a bit. I think we all very well know that it could be the shittiest game in the world, and still make fuckloads of moolah though. "
    Then they will release a 15 dollar map pack and people will buy it! 
    nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By nobull6

This has been utterly fascinating to watch. I don't know the details, and JW and VZ probably aren't fully innocent in this, but my gut says the majority of the blame lies with Activision. It's nice to see people stick together and guys from Infinity Ward move over to Respawn.

We're in the middle of history here, people!

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX
    @The_Laughing_Man: 2.something million will buy it! on xbox alone for first couple weeks of sales.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696

Not surprising, but funny. When will Activision realize that story's just need to end. Like Modern Warfare. Why do you think Lost is ending. Same with God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Gears of War, Halo, and soon Uncharted. If you keep a story going, it will very soon die out. That's why West and Zampella didn't want to do another Modern Warfare.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

More should quit and join respawn, most of the team should. It would be a power house studio, if they can get enough cash.

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Spiral_Stars

Does Activision even make games other than CoD? Nothing comes to mind. Other than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and that's already down to thirty bones.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
    @Spiral_Stars: guitar hero... WoW... tony hawk... per se, they don't really make them. they put them out
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Modern War Fair. 

A Fair with a theme of Modern War.
     A Fair with a theme of Modern War.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bionicicide

The voluntarily exodus began when Respawn Entertainment was announced (10 total resigned from IW - not including West and Zempella), these people are just now announcing their employment with Respawn Entertainment for those who couldn't put two and two together.

There's actually more intriguing news of Activision redistributing West and Zempella's bonuses, to stop the bleeding, to current IW employees.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By meteora

I'm wishing very good luck to the employees of Infinity Ward. This is starting to turn out to be ex-Infinity Ward employees as rogue soldiers with Jason West and Vince Zampella as Soup and Price; while Activision was the entirety of Shepherd.

Just sayin'. Oh and techncially this would mean in theory that the spirit of Infinity Ward will be working in an alliance with DICE and the guys behind Medal of Honor (which they originally split from).

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Bionicicide said:
    " The voluntarily exodus began when Respawn Entertainment was announced (10 total resigned from IW - not including West and Zempella), these people are just now announcing their employment with Respawn Entertainment for those who couldn't put two and two together.  There's actually more intriguing news of Activision redistributing West and Zempella's bonuses, to stop the bleeding, to current IW employees. "
    Ya, a rep from Activision was saying he didn't understand why anyone would leave because if they stayed, they would get a piece of West/Zampella's multi-million dollar bonuses. I guess for a lot of these people, money isn't everything, which is good to hear.

@Meteora said:
    " I'm wishing very good luck to the employees of Infinity Ward. This is starting to turn out to be ex-Infinity Ward employees as rogue soldiers with Jason West and Vince Zampella as Soup and Price; while Activision was the entirety of Shepherd.  Just sayin'. Oh and techncially this would mean in theory that the spirit of Infinity Ward will be working in an alliance with DICE and the guys behind Medal of Honor (which they originally split from). "

Yes and no. Respawn is published by EA and has gotten their startup capital from EA, but they are still completely independent, not an owned subsidiary like DICE. The developers at DICE don't own their IP, EA does. Respawn will own and control all of it's creative works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.