I can't wait for this game to come out this morning. Ever since I heard about the game, I've been waiting to see whats in stored for us. The twitter feed said it's going to be coming out sometime this morning PST time. I might be sleep by then, but then again I might stay up just to play it, and play dota 2 until I get my e-mail. So you guys ready for it?
Are You Guys Ready for the Retro Greatness?
I think I need to see more of what this game is. Originally I thought it was trying to bring the GTA2 style gameplay into a modern era. Now it seems more like a parody of SNES & arcade games and 80s movies; two things that I have no nostalgia for. I'll have to wait for a quick look or reviews.
Yes, but I have to wait for it to arrive on Wii U.
Just added this to the wiki:
Retro City Rampage allows users to use a range of display filters which pay homage to classic gaming machines. Here's the full list of 17:
- Entertainment System
- Entertainment Night
- Blurst Processor
- AtaroVision 2599
- Granny Smith
- PC DOS EGA
- PC DOS CGA A
- PC DOS CGA B
- PC DOS MDA
- PC WIN16
- XZ Moonbeam
- Black & White TV
- Pocket Handheld
- Brick Handheld
- Virtual Burn
- Hiding in a box Metal Gear-style at 0:07
- A Back To The Future DeLorean at 0:12
- A car that looks suspiciously like Donkey Kong at 0:15
- A Paperboy mini-game at 0:21
- Jumping down a Mario pipe at 0:23
- A recreation of “that” Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES stage at 0:24
- A Dr Robotnik fight at 0:26
- A Frogger spoof at 0:29
- A Pitfall mini-game at 0:37
- A Splosion Man stage at 0:40
- A Super Hang-On section at 0:43
- Using a Ghostbusters proton pack to blow up a bike shaped like Yoshi at 0:48
- An RPG (a bit like Pokémon) at 0:55
- Super Smash TV at 1:00
- Bionic Commando arm at 1:04
- Zelda chap in a cave at 1:05
- A Virtual Boy version of Super Meat Boy at 1:14
- An NES version of Bit.Trip Runner at 1:18
- An eating spoof of Mortal Kombat’s Test Your Might at 1:21
Gave the Vita version a spin, runs and plays great. No awkward touchy-feely controls and all the display filters and such are there. I fricking loved the Super Meat Boy minigame in the arcade, didn't think I'd ever play a Vita game with anaglyph 3D glasses on.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.