Persona Soundtracks For Everyone!

Posted by Vinny (1767 posts) -

Atlus, the folks behind the Shin Megami Tensei series, are no strangers when it comes to bundling their games with goodies. As a matter of fact, I can currently spot a Persona 4 artbook and a Devil Summoner 2 doll stashed away in the office. So, though I was thrilled, I wasn't very suprised to read that the PSP version of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona will be shipping as a boxed set that includes the game's 2-disc soundtrack. The press releases also mentions that they will be including the "Snow Queen" quest in this version, and I'm sure that means something very awesome to some folks out there.

PSP Bundle

While I haven't played through the original, you can bet that I'll be picking up the bundle based on my experiences with Persona 3 and Persona 4. I know a lot of you out there have said the games are very different, but I'm still excited to give this "revisted version" a play. Persona is slated to ship on Septemeber 22, 2009 and I'd love to hear what fans think about the remake. I guess the biggest questions at this point is...will we be done with the Endurance Run by then?!

Staff
#1 Posted by Vinny (1767 posts) -

Atlus, the folks behind the Shin Megami Tensei series, are no strangers when it comes to bundling their games with goodies. As a matter of fact, I can currently spot a Persona 4 artbook and a Devil Summoner 2 doll stashed away in the office. So, though I was thrilled, I wasn't very suprised to read that the PSP version of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona will be shipping as a boxed set that includes the game's 2-disc soundtrack. The press releases also mentions that they will be including the "Snow Queen" quest in this version, and I'm sure that means something very awesome to some folks out there.

PSP Bundle

While I haven't played through the original, you can bet that I'll be picking up the bundle based on my experiences with Persona 3 and Persona 4. I know a lot of you out there have said the games are very different, but I'm still excited to give this "revisted version" a play. Persona is slated to ship on Septemeber 22, 2009 and I'd love to hear what fans think about the remake. I guess the biggest questions at this point is...will we be done with the Endurance Run by then?!

Staff
#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

I was kind of hoping this would be a download link for a Persona soundtrack...

#3 Edited by MeatSim (10855 posts) -

Atlus just seems to be a really cool company there all about fan service.

#4 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

That's not the biggest question, Vinny. The biggest question is: will the next Endurance Run be on a portable?

#5 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" I was kind of hoping this would be a download link for a Persona soundtrack... "
Same here hahaha!
#6 Posted by unangbangkay (146 posts) -

I hope that this sells well, and that they re-port Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, as well as release the first half of that game, Innocent Sin, since that was never released in English, because you could summon (or talk to) Hitler. Yes, I know that a fan translation of Innocent Sin is out, but it's still not a proper re-port, and doesn't have all the new stuff that's in this.

Oh, that and I hope that this doesn't have the input/visual lag that most remade PS1 games have when played via PSP. That would suck.

#7 Posted by Meltbrain (2970 posts) -

That's pretty awesome, I've been recently getting back into some PSP action so I might just have to pick this up at some stage.

#8 Posted by AuthenticM (3732 posts) -

@End_Boss
Indeed, I was wondering the same thing.

#9 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -
@Meatsim said:
" Atlus just seems to be a really cool company there all about fan service. "
yeah, that's exactly what Atlus is.  they're so generous with their bonuses and prices.
#10 Posted by Mysterysheep (358 posts) -

September 22 is my birthday......

#11 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

Haven't played the game myself, but apparently lots of things got cut during the localization of the original version of persona 1. The optional snow queen quest was one thing that was entirely cut out.

If I had a psp I would definitely grab this. Atlus is so good about pack-ins.

#12 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

Im definately getting this when its out in europe (which I beleive to be september 22nd as well) but I have no idea if it has the soundtrack as well. If it does im preordering it, if not ill probably wait until im finished my current jRPG's.

#13 Edited by FlipperDesert (2087 posts) -

But, but... I wanted a PSP Go!

Damnit, Atlus. :(

#14 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

This along with the Atlus published Class of Heroes will be the reason I'll pick up a PSP Go eventually.

#15 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Awesome! I was already gonna buy this, but it's nice to know I get some Atlus Spoils with my purchase.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Snow Queen quest is old news. :P
But it's pretty awesome how generous Atlus USA is being with these bonuses. They've even been packing soundtracks in with DS games!

#17 Edited by Deathdealer108 (291 posts) -

Hmmmm a psp game with a full sized case!? How else would you think they will package this because it would be physically impossible to put a normal CD in a standard psp game case. I enjoy alot of video game music so this seems like a cool bonus

#18 Posted by Chicken008 (367 posts) -

Or everyone with a PSP and money..

#19 Posted by Eirikr (1007 posts) -

I paid $30 to get the Japanese version of this soundtrack a couple months ago, so this is literally a steal of a deal. The bad news is that the rearranged soundtrack itself is kind of iffy in comparison to the original.

#20 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

I'm thinking about getting this game.

#21 Posted by Daroki (712 posts) -

The soundtracks are generally pretty awesome packins, Nocturne was amazing as was DDS. 

Leaves me very curious to see what kind of case this comes in though, a modified oversized UMD case?

And completely agreed, I'm hoping this does well enough that we see both halves of Persona 2, especially Innocent Sin make it's way stateside.

#22 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

It's coming out a day before my birthday...too bad I don't have PSP. I would love to have that soundtrack, but I'm not buying one just for one game.

#23 Posted by psoplayer (238 posts) -

So my question is: how do we get all these bonuses from Atlus once the PSP Go makes physical purchases obsolete?

#24 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

This sounds great and all but where is the European release date? Im a big Persona fan now and I want this game

If it ever does come to Europe I wonder if we will get all this cool stuff...probably not, we will probably get screwed again

So thanks a shitload there Atlus

#25 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

In case you want to know what's so special about the snow queen quest
[SPOILERS]
A penis-monster (Mara) bursts out of a young boy's stomach.

[END SPOILERS]

#26 Posted by darkjester74 (1576 posts) -

I'm looking at getting a PSP Go! when it comes out, hopefully I will still be able to play this...

#27 Posted by RobtheRobot (90 posts) -

Every atlus game released every comes with a soundtrack! Not true but most do which is totally awesome the shin negami tensei: nocturne soundtrack was really good and the persona 3 soundtrack was also great!

#28 Posted by ChrisTaran (1610 posts) -

The second I can pre-order this on Amazon, I shall have my copy reserved.  Very very excited about getting this.  Must study the roots of my favorite gaming franchise!

#29 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

Wow, they kept Mark asian for this version, no funky student on the team.

#30 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

I really love the persona 4 soundtrack i've searched around for it but can't find it this makes me sad. :'(

#31 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This game, along with a bunch of others, is the main reason Im buying a PsP next week

#32 Posted by Diablos1125 (179 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
"I was kind of hoping this would be a download link for a Persona soundtrack..."

Same here! Still good news, the way i see it :)
#33 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@coffeesash said:
" Wow, they kept Mark asian for this version, no funky student on the team. "
They completely re-localized to be more faithful to the original.
#34 Posted by fynne (303 posts) -
@Daroki: If you want an example of the packaging, I'd guess it would be similar to the Prinny game.  That came in a cardboard box that held a regular cd case and a regular UMD case.  I wasn't interested in this game but the Endurance Run has sold me on it.  I'll probably be getting it when it comes out.
#35 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Atlus knows how to please. I was already considering getting this and I am definitely going to now.

#36 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I'm planning on buying this. I hope Atlus makes a lot of improvements over the original though.

#37 Posted by Pappasman (119 posts) -

lol same day as Halo 3 ODST

#38 Posted by Daroki (712 posts) -
@Pappasman said:
"lol same day as Halo 3 ODST"

I seriously doubt  that there's much shared audience for a Microsoft 360 Halo game and a PSP Persona game.  The PSP Persona game will do just fine because the Atlus faithful are crazy out hitting stuff up day 1 and have wanted this updated version of the game for a long time, but it's not going to sell a tenth of Halo OSDT because it's audience is much smaller. 
#39 Posted by Pappasman (119 posts) -
@Daroki said:
"
@Pappasman said:
"lol same day as Halo 3 ODST"
I seriously doubt  that there's much shared audience for a Microsoft 360 Halo game and a PSP Persona game.  The PSP Persona game will do just fine because the Atlus faithful are crazy out hitting stuff up day 1 and have wanted this updated version of the game for a long time, but it's not going to sell a tenth of Halo OSDT because it's audience is much smaller.  "
ya i understand that. but the first thing i thought of when i saw sept 22 was ODST.  i wasn't making a connection between them.  their audiences ate completely different
#40 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

I want!

#41 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

nahh

#42 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I never owned a PS2, because i was way into pc games until the first Halo when i jumped over to the console side. Lately i´ve been wondering if i should buy a PS2 just so i can play the Persona games... This started soon after the Endurance Run started, i´ve been playing JRPG´s and Persona 4 is my most favorite game i never played! To bad the PS3 ships without being backwards compatible. I own a PSP so i can´t wait for this game! And i hope Persona 5 is a PS3 release...

#43 Posted by Snipper138 (341 posts) -

SOLD

#44 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@Meatsim said:
" Atlus just seems to be a really cool company there all about fan service. "
Well when you are as niche as Atlus every little bit helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.