Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Revenge of the Titans

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 16, 2011

An RTS and Tower Defense mashup in which players defend space against the imminent Titan horde invasion.

Out on Steam now!

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Tordah

So this was one of the games that came with the Humble Indie bundle. I saw that it got released on Steam as well just yesterday, yet no topics on it yet!

I highly recommend checking it out if you're into complex tower defense games.  

Stylish pixelated tower defense chaos abound!
     Stylish pixelated tower defense chaos abound!
    Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Laksa

i also got it as part of the humble indie bundle. regrettably, i did not find it to be very fun. To me, the there is too much going on;too much for the player to do, for a tower defense game.  Might want to try out the demo here before putting down the $13.49 for the full game.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Tordah
    @Laksa: Yeah, it gets increasingly difficult pretty quick, but I don't see that as a negative thing. Way too often tower defense games feel too "passive", and you end up getting bored of them.
    icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By icicle7x3

If you bought the humble bundle 2 and activated that on your steam account, it should appear on your game list soon.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Laksa
    @Icicle7x3 said:
    " If you bought the humble bundle 2 and activated that on your steam account, it should appear on your game list soon. "
    Yeah,just checked, has just appeared in my library for dl. 
    @Tordah said:
    " @Laksa: Yeah, it gets increasingly difficult pretty quick, but I don't see that as a negative thing. Way too often tower defense games feel too "passive", and you end up getting bored of them. "

The tower defense game that got it just right for me would be robo defense. Since it's now on steam, gonna dl it and give the game another go.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

I've yet to play it. We'll see how that goes now.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Meltac

It's pretty good actually, but I only think that because I got it from the Humble Bundle. If I had paid the 13 €, I would be pretty bummed out. 

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By kalmis

Oh my, I had forgotten that it was in the humble bundle. Still dreaming of playing everyone of my Steam games. So will get to this, one day.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520

Oh hey I own this and didn't even know it. Well now that is on Steam I can get it without hassle. I shall see if it is any good.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Laksa said:
    " i also got it as part of the humble indie bundle. regrettably, i did not find it to be very fun. To me, the there is too much going on;too much for the player to do, for a tower defense game.  Might want to try out the demo here before putting down the $13.49 for the full game. "
    @Meltac said:
    " It's pretty good actually, but I only think that because I got it from the Humble Bundle. If I had paid the 13 €, I would be pretty bummed out.  "
    I agree with these. Though to be fair, I haven't played it since like the week after HIB2, so I don't know if they made any changes before they put it out on Steam. If I had to guess, I'd say they did.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Picked this up a couple of days ago during a sale for $5. After playing it for a couple of hours I really dig it so far. According to the game I've played 23 levels. So the game is kind of easy except when they swarm you or throw some gigantic enemy at you.

It does get hectic fast and money is at such a premium. I would replay levels to keep my damage on my base to a minimum. And choosing what to research can end up just looking at the R&D screen for a couple of minutes wondering what's the better trade off. It can be a few levels before you can get that sweet turret or force field.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.