Young Ocelot in Real Life

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

One of the best video game characters (the old Ocelot is OK but not as good) of all time gets a nice tribute.

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

That was cool.

#3 Posted by CaLe (3985 posts) -

I saw this one a many time ago in past time. It's same one I saw but youtube spam thank you.

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4927 posts) -

Yeah I always though it was pretty dumb too

#5 Edited by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

"Youtube spam" is one of the worst, overused objections some of this site's users evoke. It's a good video and one that a lot of people have not seen, including myself. Hadn't seen it until a few minutes before I posted it and checked the GB history.

#6 Posted by Loafsmooch (349 posts) -

Dude's been practicing.

I don't get why people whine about youtube spam when it's an interesting video which can contribute to discussion. Especially when it's gaming related. I bet MGS fans are really appreciating this. Can everyone shut up about "youtube spam" already? Leave it to the mods. It's fucking annoying.

#7 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

That was pretty cool.

#8 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@nrh79: As cool as it looks, a rule is a rule. This video does not illicit a discussion, therefore it's YouTube spam.

#9 Posted by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@nrh79: As cool as it looks, a rule is a rule. This video does not illicit a discussion, therefore it's YouTube spam.

It doesn't?

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@nrh79: Not unless you consider, "look at this cool thing," "you're right, that's a cool thing," is a discussion.

#11 Posted by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@nrh79: Not unless you consider, "look at this cool thing," "you're right, that's a cool thing," is a discussion.

I don't consider it that.

#12 Edited by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

I know what I consider a topic that potentially gets locked: one where people discuss its being a feasible topic, so I'm done on that part.

#13 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

What? It does illiicit a discussion, what do you think we're doing? It's not like if he posted some some shit like 5,59$ ====== 5000K GOLD D3 AUCTION HOUSEZZZ.

#14 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@Klei said:

@FLStyle said:

What? It does illiicit a discussion, what do you think we're doing? It's not like if he posted some some shit like 5,59$ ====== 5000K GOLD D3 AUCTION HOUSEZZZ.

Take it up with the mods.

#15 Posted by TheHT (11266 posts) -

Awesome!

#16 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@Klei said:

@FLStyle said:

Take it up with the mods.

I've got way better things to do than going to talk to some semi-obscure website's moderators. Like, arguing about cheetos with overweight people. I like cheetos.

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

This videos old. lyke yo grams! ohhhhhhhhhh

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10290 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

Then flag and walk away, you don't need to point it out every time a thread like this pops up.

That's also a rule.

#19 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@FLStyle: You are consistently the first person to blow the youtube spam whistle. Chill out dude.

#20 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@MikkaQ: I wasn't pointing out that it breaks a rule, I was clarifying the rule itself.

#21 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@FLStyle: Who fucking cares? You sound like a hall monitor.

#22 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

That is awesome, I would like to see that guy shoot after spinning it so much too.

#23 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

The video, by the way, was pretty cool. Must have sucked getting the timing down to sync with the audio

#24 Edited by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

@Shookems said:

The video, by the way, was pretty cool. Must have sucked getting the timing down to sync with the audio

That was the part I kept coming back to.

#25 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

I had never seen this. And it was BADASS! huge MGS fan. thx op

#26 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@Shookems said:

@FLStyle: Who fucking cares? You sound like a hall monitor.

I'm not familiar with the term, one of those weird USA-only things?

#27 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@FLStyle:

#28 Posted by bybeach (4831 posts) -

You know, that was not bad. If Ocelot wasn't into torture and possible Raiden's body i'd be impressed. He does play an odd and convoluted part..but I guess they all do.

#29 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

@Shookems: Ahhh, a South Park reference/meme, I haven't seen that show in quite some time.

#30 Posted by AuthenticM (3732 posts) -

Wow. That was pretty cool.

#31 Posted by Strife777 (1580 posts) -

That's pretty badass. Revolvers are kind of awesome.

I was disappointed he didn't do the 'put gun in holster the wrong way, then rotate it the right way'. I thought it was kind of funny in the game.

#32 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

... but can he shoot?

#33 Posted by Sweep (8861 posts) -

@nrh79 said:

"Youtube spam" is one of the worst, overused objections some of this site's users evoke. It's a good video and one that a lot of people have not seen, including myself. Hadn't seen it until a few minutes before I posted it and checked the GB history.

While this may be true, this is still youtube spam all the same. If a video is posted it should be done so with around 2 paragraphs of text to promote discussion. The whole point of that rule is to prevent people from creating threads for the sole purpose of showcasing some random video they found online. Your thread needs to be more meaningful thatn "Hey, look at this random thing I found!" regardless of how funny or impressive the video may be.

We do make exceptions for new videogame footage or trailers, provided they haven't already been posted by the staff, and videos that are directly relevant to the site, such as remixed clips from the bombcast or footage of the staff goofing around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.