Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

rFactor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2005

rFactor is a racing simulator designed for the PC. It is designed as an open ended world designed with the modding community and real work accuracy top of mind. The Physics engine is based on 15 degrees of freedom, complex aerodynamics, and advanced tire modelling.

rFactor is pretty awesome.(Part 1)

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By DaSoul

This is going to be a little blog series about my(probably endless)quest at getting better/semi-good at rFactor, or well, simracing in general.

I've been playing rFactor a LOT for the past few weeks now, with past experience as well, and am starting to set myself a few goals, which i will try to keep you guys posted about. There will occasionally be some video,but for the time being i'm still trying to find a good solution for recording some.

The circuit i've mainly been practicing on has been the Circuit Gilles Villenueve in Montreal,Canada. I've been "learning" on a 2011 McLaren MP4-26, or McLaren's this year's F1 car. I'm using 2010 qualifying times as comparison,since I can not use KERS or DRS.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_Energy_Recovery_Systems , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_Reduction_System)

Objectives:

• Reach a time of 1:16.000 around the already mentioned circuit. Current:1:18.428               
     Currently the only thing standing between me and it is me still trying to perfect my throttle usage,braking points,and general consistency. Once i reach this goal,bonus to myself if I get consistent at driving out that time.
    • Learn manual shifting.
    I'm being held back by my current natural disability to focus on driving AND changing gears.
    • Learn to handle the car with no driving aids.
    Currently I can do it with no anti-lock brakes,low stability control and high traction control. It's just a case of me taking the time to adapt to the feel of the car.

Those are my goals for the time being, I will definently be bringing in new ones as i complete these ones, especially hopefully trying to master the entire 2011 calendar.

Also,if any of you happen to have the game, shoot me a PM for some random driving about!

That's it for this first introductory blog, hope you enjoyed reading!
    DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DaSoul

This is going to be a little blog series about my(probably endless)quest at getting better/semi-good at rFactor, or well, simracing in general.

I've been playing rFactor a LOT for the past few weeks now, with past experience as well, and am starting to set myself a few goals, which i will try to keep you guys posted about. There will occasionally be some video,but for the time being i'm still trying to find a good solution for recording some.

The circuit i've mainly been practicing on has been the Circuit Gilles Villenueve in Montreal,Canada. I've been "learning" on a 2011 McLaren MP4-26, or McLaren's this year's F1 car. I'm using 2010 qualifying times as comparison,since I can not use KERS or DRS.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_Energy_Recovery_Systems , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_Reduction_System)

Objectives:

• Reach a time of 1:16.000 around the already mentioned circuit. Current:1:18.428               
     Currently the only thing standing between me and it is me still trying to perfect my throttle usage,braking points,and general consistency. Once i reach this goal,bonus to myself if I get consistent at driving out that time.
    • Learn manual shifting.
    I'm being held back by my current natural disability to focus on driving AND changing gears.
    • Learn to handle the car with no driving aids.
    Currently I can do it with no anti-lock brakes,low stability control and high traction control. It's just a case of me taking the time to adapt to the feel of the car.

Those are my goals for the time being, I will definently be bringing in new ones as i complete these ones, especially hopefully trying to master the entire 2011 calendar.

Also,if any of you happen to have the game, shoot me a PM for some random driving about!

That's it for this first introductory blog, hope you enjoyed reading!
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Akrid

Never heard of this game before... KERS? DRS? Sounds pretty hardcore. 

Anyway, sounds like an interesting series, but how long is it gonna last with your goal set at improving a mere 2.428 seconds?

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaSoul
    @Akrid: It could last months! Every time i reach a new second i'm already pushing hard enough to think i can't go any faster. There's a possiblity i'll never reach the extra 2 seconds i need,who knows. To get that extra 2 seconds,i have to push more where i think i'm pushing as much as i can, and I'm not sure how long it will be before i even hit a 1:17!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.