Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 21, 2011

Rhythm Heaven Fever is a minigame collection for the Nintendo Wii centered around keeping in rhythm.

I lack the Rhythm. (I suck at Rhythm Heaven Fever)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

I finally got around to playing this game and I love everything about it except the part where you press buttons because I am so awful at it I can't even beat the tutorial to Hole in One. The Rhythm test was completely useless because it was just all over the place.

If anyone has any tips or tidbits they would be greatly appreciated. I did try playing with my eyes closed and that worked slightly better but not well enough.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

It's a fantastic game, but I'm sorry to say, I don't think you're going to make much progress if you can't get past the first song. It only gets harder.

My only piece of advice is to not pay too much attention the visuals. In a lot of cases, the audio clues are far more helpful and easy to follow. As it seems you're already trying that though, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I wonder if part of the issue is some display lag on your TV?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpunkyHePanda  Online

There's a very strong possibility you may be suffering from the dreaded input lag, which will happen with pretty much any modern TV. It's a killer for this game. What I had to do was order one of these babies, which let me hook the Wii audio cables to an external speaker (or headphones). Kind of a pain, but worth it for this game, if you ask me.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HeyGuys

In the words of the great Del The Funky Homosapien, "Rhythm/ You have it or you don't that's a fallacy/ I'm in them/ Every sprouting tree/ Every child of peace/ Every cloud and sea"

I'd say just keep at it and you'll make progress. Maybe get a metronome, you can just Google for one, and try to keep time with it to get used to rythm.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Its probably your tv, duder. I was a boss at the ds game but when I played fever I was pretty pitiful for awhile.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a very strong possibility you may be suffering from the dreaded input lag, which will happen with pretty much any modern TV. It's a killer for this game. What I had to do was order one of these babies, which let me hook the Wii audio cables to an external speaker (or headphones). Kind of a pain, but worth it for this game, if you ask me.

I'll order one of those in the morning, thanks!

I've gotten slightly better at it and made it to the first Remix! Hopefully this is a sign of improvement and not just luck or a fluke.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Aegon
    @spunkyhepanda said:

Would that cable work for directly feeding audio from a Wii U to headphones?

Wait, what am I saying. Audio goes through HDMI, so there's no way to do this unless I'm using a Wii component cable..right?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:
    @spunkyhepanda said:

It only works with component cables not HDMI.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bare in mind beat deafness is a real thing.

I'm not saying you are, it's more likely an issue with your TV due to input lag, but the possibility does exist.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Get some decent headphones.

If you are having difficulties don't look at the visuals and use music counts to figure out the beat.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpunkyHePanda  Online

@aegon said:
    @spunkyhepanda said:

Wait, what am I saying. Audio goes through HDMI, so there's no way to do this unless I'm using a Wii component cable..right?

Yeah, you would need to get a component cable if the Wii U supports it. Otherwise, it gets complicated.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Watch Cool Runnings.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I adore the DS game, but I had nothing but problems with the difficulty in this game. I really wish the Wii game had a slightly more forgiving mode so I can experience all of the songs.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They need to make a 3DS version. It would look pretty nice with the 3D and it would be great to have digitally so you can play any time.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made it Tambourine and now I have no clue what they want me to do.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I was pretty awful at it until I got the component cable. Now I'm just bad.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chaser324  Moderator

@corruptedevil: The Tambourine is basically "Simon". Let the monkey do his thing and then repeat it when he shouts at you.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: I got that, but I can't seem to get the timing of it down. He shakes it for 7 beats and then I do the same but it's wrong.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpunkyHePanda  Online

@chaser324: I got that, but I can't seem to get the timing of it down. He shakes it for 7 beats and then I do the same but it's wrong.

Getting the claps in there too? If that's not it, maybe just wait for the cable. The cable will fix everything. Believe in the cable.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm stuck on the DS game. A song came up where I have to switch from tapping on the beat and on the downbeat on cue. I can't do that! I'm programmed to do things to the beat damnit!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaser324  Moderator

I'm stuck on the DS game. A song came up where I have to switch from tapping on the beat and on the downbeat on cue. I can't do that! I'm programmed to do things to the beat damnit!

That's usually the toughest part in every Rhythm Heaven game.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@chaser324: Is there any magic trick to this? I really don't want to bitch out and have the barista let me out of it. It won't help much anyway, as it'll come up in the next remix anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.