Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 21, 2011

Rhythm Heaven Fever is a minigame collection for the Nintendo Wii centered around keeping in rhythm.

Join me in my class action suit against Nintendo

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Toxeia

Because CLEARLY they're racist since I'm white and they know full well I have no rhythm.

Seriously though, all the video I've seen people nail it constantly. I feel so handicapped when I'm playing the game. I sat through the golf tutorials for 20 minutes before it said I had the concept down. I'm afraid to say that it was very much wrong, and I'm very bad at pushing a single button in a rhythm. Am I the only person that's experiencing this? The game's great, and I still enjoy it despite my severe rhythmic retardation but what a bummer when not a single robot leaves the factory in working condition :(

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Lack of rhythm is the trade off our ancestors made for ruling the world. Greedy bastards.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By obcdexter

Well, nothing too extreme, but I did have a lot more respect for Jeff's performance after trying it out myself. I definitely didn't expect the game to be that punishing. You have to be extremely precise. Also, I do not think the Wii-Mote is a very comfortable device for constant rhythmic input - if only for the rather long ways the A and B buttons have to "travel" until "impact" (if that makes any sense ...)

Not an easy game, but you definitely get better at it if you're willing to practice.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

You had trouble with the first minigame? Oh lawd...

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By phish09

Word of advice....do not buy Beat Sneak Bandit.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aspaceinvader

you know white men can't dance

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Toxeia said:

Because CLEARLY they're racist since I'm white and they know full well I have no rhythm.

I'm not so sure that they know that. After all, they've continued making Mario games long after the movie "White Men Can't Jump".

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeJerk

Input-lag getting in the way for you? That's what kept me from enjoying most music games even though I've got the rhythm of a drum machine developed by a team of african-american programmers and engineers

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Elazul

Thank god you're joking. I thought you were gonna say that you chucked your controller through your screen while playing and Nintendo owed you a new TV or something.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By dabe

I'm white and have riddum (as a Frenchmen may or may not say). Fuck negative white stereotypes...!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

@Elazul said:

Thank god you're joking. I thought you were gonna say that you chucked your controller through your screen while playing and Nintendo owed you a new TV or something.

That's what I was thinking.

Little tidbit about me: I got a sense of rhythm by playing the drums - and always the drums - on Rock Band. Never quite got Expert downpat on any of the songs, but I can now pick out and keep a simple beat as opposed to before, where I couldn't make heads or tails of how a drummer was doing something. It just took a lot of practice for me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@SomeJerk said:

Input-lag getting in the way for you? That's what kept me from enjoying most music games even though I've got the rhythm of a drum machine developed by a team of african-american programmers and engineers

Yeah, I imagine that is quite an issue with a game like this. Having played the Rock Band games with and without properly adjusting for input lag, it seems like it makes a world of difference.

On the other hand, after getting a new HD TV to replace my old CRT, I find I'm able to play the Bit.Trip games on the Wii without any noticeable input lag problems, so now I'm just confused. Still, you'd think a game like Rhythm Heaven Fever would have a Rock Band-like input lag corrector.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scrawnto

@BisonHero said:

Yeah, I imagine that is quite an issue with a game like this. Having played the Rock Band games with and without properly adjusting for input lag, it seems like it makes a world of difference.

On the other hand, after getting a new HD TV to replace my old CRT, I find I'm able to play the Bit.Trip games on the Wii without any noticeable input lag problems, so now I'm just confused. Still, you'd think a game like Rhythm Heaven Fever would have a Rock Band-like input lag corrector.

Oddly enough, I've played with people who were really good at Rockband that had never played an actual instrument. A lot of them never noticed heavy input lag that I found crippling. It seemed like they just relied on visual cues and weren't actually following the beat. Having played violin for about 13 years, I can't just turn off the part of me that follows the beat, so if the audio and controls don't match up, I am useless in rhythm games.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Hey man, I'm white and I'm pretty ill at Rhythm Heaven. They'd bring me to the stand, have me play a round of Tap Troupe, and the case would be THROWN OUT.

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

It isn't that white people have no rhythm. Many of the world's best drummers are white. This is a common misconception that comes from watching white people fail on the dance floor. While many observers are quick to assume the lack of rhythm is the problem, when the real problem is that white people have no moves or style. As a tall skinny white I am quite comfortable that if I were to go on the dance floor I could move to the beat with the greatest of ease. However, each of my rhythmic movements would cause me to look more and more like a jackass. So much so that it would start out funny and quickly transition into sad then down right depressing.

The moral of the story is you are totally clear to play rhythm games. Your whitey ass white boy-ness will not hinder you.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shaunk

@aspaceinvader said:

you know white men can't dance

But oddly enough they CAN jump.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Toxeia

@SomeJerk: I wish I could blame it on input lag. I should have taken a picture of that keep-the-beat test where it counts down. All. Over. The. Board.

I think one of the problems is that I'm not getting feedback on whether I'm too early or too late, but really anything short of a visual cue like from DDR won't help me. Even worse, visual cues at all are probably what's killing me. Also, I'm bad at guitar hero/rock band/etc.

I'm more impressed that I'm still playing it and actually enjoying the game even after hours of abuse.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I was not great at he DS Rhythm Heaven game either but at this one I'm dreadful. I have yet to complete the first minigame after five tries. I'm determined to beat it though. It won't expose my lack of rhythm and get away with it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Toxeia: The game is annoying a little because it's does not tell me why I am doing terrible. I hit the balls of the mildrid perfect but the little monkey is a bugger.

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Floope

what a twist

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.