Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rhythm Heaven

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 05, 2009

Rhythm Heaven (known in Europe as Rhythm Paradise) is a surreal rhythm/action game, sequel to the Japan-only GBA game Rhythm Tengoku. Japanese music producer TSUNKU helped direct and compose music for the game.

Rhythm Heaven: it turned out better than we expected?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

After the thread on how bad Rhythm Heaven was going to be, with the horrible music, the reviews so far seem to indicate we could have been wrong.

Giant Bomb
    Rhythm Heaven is a great addition to the DS library that's definitely worth checking out if you've ever liked a WarioWare game. 
    Wired
    Rhythm Heaven is exactly the sort of novel, deep, challenging game that people accuse Nintendo of not creating anymore. Play it. 
    IGN
    Even if you’re not a music fan you’re going to love Rhythm Heaven. It’s completely off the wall and unlike anything you’ve ever played on the Nintendo DS, not to mention incredibly fun and just as addictive. 
    Nintendo Life
    It still stands as one of the finest titles to grace the Nintendo DS. It’s packed full of content and will keep even the most experienced gamers playing for a good length of time due to its deep replay value. 
    Destructoid
    These musical minigames are ones that will make you laugh, challenge your sense of timing and reflex, and keep you coming back again and again. You'll fall in love. 
    Cheat Code Central
    Punishingly difficult, yet ostentatiously cute, Rhythm Heaven is the epitome of what a handheld music-based game should be. Forget guitar grips or funky cheerleaders! You won't find a more engaging or entertaining music experience for the DS. 
    1UP
    Rhythm Heaven does its job with style and aplomb, but anyone who's played the GBA original knows that the concept has been done better. No one who enjoys pure fun should miss out on this game...but once you've had your fill, be sure to track down a copy of the GBA original for an even better time. 
    Pocket Gamer UK
    Funky, fresh and funny, Rhythm Heaven Gold transcends the language barrier with its instinctive gameplay and hilarious scenarios. 
    GameSpy
    This game demands exact timing and precise inputs. In that sense, it's a much more challenging affair than the prior games. 
    Game Revolution
    Though Rhythm Heaven hits a smattering of flat notes, its composition and concept are simply divine. 
    Game Informer
    Rhythm Heaven ends up being pretty limited in its ambitions and scope, but I can’t deny that it had me toe-tapping along for the ride. 
    GameSpot
    This unusual music game is as satisfying as it is strange, but the high difficulty limits its appeal. 
    The Onion (A.V. Club)
    It’s the cutest drum machine on the market. 
    GameDaily
    Ultimately, its poor music and one note gameplay mar the experience, but players in search of something off the wall will probably dig Rhythm Heaven's imaginative design. 

Apparently some reviewer at some site named Giantbomb loved it enough to give it 100 :-)

So who has it, who is getting it and who still doesn't desire it?  

I for one will get it, but it isn't at the top of my list.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Its because those clips that we saw made up only one-three of the minigames, and there are a ton of  minigames on the game, so its essentially like having a water temple in every zelda game. You hate it, but it shouldnt stop you from buying the game.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    AgentJ said:
    "Its because those clips that we saw made up only one-three of the minigames, and there are a ton of  minigames on the game, so its essentially like having a water temple in every zelda game. You hate it, but it shouldnt stop you from buying the game."
    I didn't say I hate it, just disappointed.  I am a bit like Ossi, knowing the Japanese version can spoil you for the English version.  I still enjoyed Elite Beat Agents with some pretty awful songs.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    oldschool said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Its because those clips that we saw made up only one-three of the minigames, and there are a ton of  minigames on the game, so its essentially like having a water temple in every zelda game. You hate it, but it shouldnt stop you from buying the game."
    I didn't say I hate it, just disappointed.  I am a bit like Ossi, knowing the Japanese version can spoil you for the English version.  I still enjoyed Elite Beat Agents with some pretty awful songs.
    "
    I meant the Water Temple/ the poorly sung songs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.