Richard Garriot In Space

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

So yeah apparently he is up the there right now floating around on his way to the International Space Station, with some Russians on board,  That could get messy if he can't handle his Vodka.

http://www.richardinspace.com/

?

#2 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Maybe he will start creating an MMO based on outer space when he returns?

#3 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Maybe he will start creating an MMO based on outer space when he returns?"

Yeah it's bound to inspire his work, if he ever makes it back to earth...

"Ultima Space Odyssey"

I wonder if any other developers have intentions of going into space.  Miyamoto in space would be awesome.

#4 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I wonder if any other developers have intentions of going into space.  Miyamoto in space would be awesome."
Well that would just give him more incentive to make Super Mario Galaxy 2... Or Zelda in Space!
#5 Posted by PitifullPete (145 posts) -

I think there is a well less known game based on the Ultima series which takes place in space.

#6 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Greatest game dev ever except for tabula rasa.

#7 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

When I just saw him on the news I felt ashamed when I heard "video game legend Richard Garriot" but didn't know who he was...

I came straight to the 'Bomb and now I know why I didn't know who he is. He's had a hand in a whole collection of games and genres that I don't give a shit about.

#8 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -

If I had that much money, thats exactly what I would do.

#10 Posted by PitifullPete (145 posts) -

If I had that much money, I'd spent it all on hookers and booze.

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Maybe he will start creating an MMO based on outer space when he returns?"
Or maybe he'll just stay up there and stop bugging us Earthlings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.