Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 01, 2007

Humans prepare to defend themselves from aliens known as "The Bane" in Tabula Rasa, an MMORPG from NCsoft that contains shooting aspects in its combat system.

Another One Bites the Dust

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Lunarbunny

I had trouble deciding between this title or The End of the World as We Know it.

Anyway, Tabula Rasa has been shut down as of 10 minutes ago. We could mourn or celebrate the loss, depending on our point of view, but I think I'll just do the neutral observer thing and post a few screenshots (perhaps I'll get some video up, but somehow my FRAPS set itself back to multichannel audio recording, which means YouTube will cut out the sound after 3 seconds if I don't change it to stereo)

An appropriately named character created specially for the end. (It's "Ragnar Rok" if you can't see it)

No Caption Provided
    A dev closes in for the kill just as the server lags due to extreme player load. At 8PM CST the admins/GMs unleashed an unending horde of high-level enemies.
    No Caption Provided
    All that's left after the slaughter, since maps that lost all their CPs were then inaccessible (there was no way to lose the CELLAR Arena map)
    No Caption Provided

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lunarbunny

I had trouble deciding between this title or The End of the World as We Know it.

Anyway, Tabula Rasa has been shut down as of 10 minutes ago. We could mourn or celebrate the loss, depending on our point of view, but I think I'll just do the neutral observer thing and post a few screenshots (perhaps I'll get some video up, but somehow my FRAPS set itself back to multichannel audio recording, which means YouTube will cut out the sound after 3 seconds if I don't change it to stereo)

An appropriately named character created specially for the end. (It's "Ragnar Rok" if you can't see it)

No Caption Provided
    A dev closes in for the kill just as the server lags due to extreme player load. At 8PM CST the admins/GMs unleashed an unending horde of high-level enemies.
    No Caption Provided
    All that's left after the slaughter, since maps that lost all their CPs were then inaccessible (there was no way to lose the CELLAR Arena map)
    No Caption Provided

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dauragon

It's always sad when games like this shut down. Especially since it ends with the entire player base being murdered. It's such a hilariously grim way to go.

LuchaDeerFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By LuchaDeerFear

Richard Garriot went to space, and Tabula Rasa disappears.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

I've honestly never seen a game fail so hard. Gamestop literally just through copies of them in the dumpster. That blew my mind...

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zityz

It's sad. Whats more sad is that fact that this game is shut down, yet whoever took over Hellgate London is going to keep it up and running, and continue to work on it.
    I enjoyed it while it lasted but man, the game industry knows no justice!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

Kudos to you for sticking with it to the end and even getting screenshots. Good man. :)

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By thordain

Its a rough world out there for dieing MMOs. Its tough to see but we all need to stay informed to prevent MMO genocide from continuing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.