Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ridge Racer Unbounded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 27, 2012

Crash through buildings and takedown the opposition in Bugbear's very different take on Namco's Ridge Racer franchise.

Sever Shutdown: Ridge Racer Unbounded

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

So according to a Eurogamer article the severs for Ridge Racer Unbounded have been shut down in Europe for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The game was released in March 2012 for anyone too lazy to follow the wiki link to find out the release date and I'm unsure if the servers remain available over in the US (but I believe that they are in fact still up).

To me this kind of seems quite a sudden announcement strange announcement (coming out of the nowhere) but given that the game is soon to be 3 years old and that we have now pretty much fully transitioned to a new generation of consoles its hardly surprising.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

It's not really all that surprising given that the game wasn't all that well received. The audience for it was never all that large, and I'm sure the average daily player numbers have dwindled down well into single digits by this point.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm shocked they were still up.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

As one of the two people who bothered to show up for the Ridge Racer Unbounded TNT and still kind of like that game, I'm kind of surprised this didn't happen sooner. There was barely a player base in the first week it came out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Perhaps I should say more strange than surprising.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

I wonder if the Ridge Racer 7 servers are still up...? I also remember about two people showing up to that TNT when they were doing some sorta game rotation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.