This game actually looks kinda fun

#1 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Obvious inspiration from Trackmania. I'd like to see a Jeff-look of this.

#2 Edited by believer258 (11795 posts) -

I don't think the GB crew is too fond of Ridge Racer after the recent release on the PS Vita, which they said needs tons of downloading and DLC to even become close to a full game.

But yes, that does look cool.

EDIT: Also, "Unbounded?" Not questioning you, questioning the name.

#3 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -

The game looks ok, fun even. The problem it is not a ridge racer. Nothing about the game is anything close to ridge racer and its disgusting they use the name to carry the weight of this game.

#4 Posted by ttocs (763 posts) -

Apparently the game is really good.  The main thing I'm hearing is that this game is not a ridge racer game, although it has the name.  EDGE gave it a 9/10 and right now it's got a high 80's rank on metacritic.com.  I'm going to pick it up after work and check it out.

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3219 posts) -

@PufferFiz said:

The game looks ok, fun even. The problem it is not a ridge racer. Nothing about the game is anything close to ridge racer and its disgusting they use the name to carry the weight of this game.

It's kind of disgusting what Namco has done with the ridge racer series. At least this has the benefit of not being a complete rehash

#6 Posted by isomeri (1254 posts) -

Bugbear has a really good history of making fun racing games. That's all I can say for now.

#7 Posted by Declarius (180 posts) -

@PufferFiz said:

You really think the intent was to use the RR name to carry the game? RR is not a well regarded series as of late. I also think Bugbear are well known enough for that not to be the case. Flatout UC was a well regarded game.

#8 Posted by Dogma (946 posts) -

I think it's about time Namco REALLY looke at this series and said..."okey...we need to change things, A LOT" and it looks like they did. Ridge Racer was rote as hell. Can I still drift in this game? Then I think it deserves to be called Ridge Racer. On the other hand. What game does not allow drifting today? See, it's not that Ridge Racer is just bad and stagnate as hell, it have been left in the dust by games that does what is does but does more and better. It is nothing remarkable to do crazy drifts anymore. I welcome this change.

#9 Posted by Birdman_LIVE (16 posts) -

Reviews all over the place on this one. Looks more like Blur mixed w/ Burnout to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.