Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ridge Racer

Franchise »

It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer! This franchise is mainly characterized by the uniquely stylish and unrealistic way the cars drift. Electronic music is also involved 100% of the time. The early Ridge Racer titles were also known for introducing several major advances in 3D polygon graphics, including the use of 3D texture-mapping.

Ridge Racer Accelerated Trademarked Filed

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

It looks like we are finally getting another Ridge Racer game.  Joystiq reports that a new Ridge Racer title has been trademarked under the name "Ridge Racer Accelerated."  As a fan of the crazy arcade racer I hope this game is released on consoles but, a new Ridge Racer on a handheld would be nice as well.  Are there any other Ridge Racer fans out there or am I the only Ridge Racer fan on Giant Bomb?

Source:  Joystiq

Edit:  Should be "Trademark" not "Trademarked" in the topic title.  My bad.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Sweet, loved the PSP game.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By agentboolen

I'm a fan too!!!  Yea I played them in the arcade and on the ol' PS1 and I bought that shitty PS2 game tried the 2 psp games (thought they were fun), and bought the Xbox 360 for $10 when I was picking up my Xbox 360 (that game was fun too).  I wouldn't mind a new Xbox 360 game, I just hope they make it less repetitive.  As much as I like the Xbox 360 game it started getting repetitive playing the same boards over and over.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

As someone who bought and beat 90% of Ridge Racer 6 & 7, I'm up for another.

With the way Ridge Racer games come out with new systems, maybe this is actually going to be released with a NEW PLATFORM?  If it was Ridge Racer 8, it'd be a new console.  This is more likely Nintendo or Sony's next handheld.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney

They're missing an opportunity for "Ridge Racer: The Art of the Drift"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.