Ridiculous Fishing is out!

#1 Posted by audioBusting (1720 posts) -

After about 3 days of weird Byrdr ARG stuff and a year after the cloning controversy, this game is finally out on the iTunes App Store! It's $2.99, no early-bird sale but also no in-app purchases, as far as I know. I haven't played it but it's been getting rave reviews and it looks damn slick. The ARG also hints at some kind of story, so it sounds like it's a lot more than the old Radical Fishing.

My internet is having problems so it's going to take some time for me to download it =[. If anyone has played it, please share some of your impressions of it!

#2 Posted by agammon (16 posts) -

I really like it. It is a fresh take on endless runners. Also, it keeps the new upgrades coming frequently enough (especially at first) to really get its hooks into you (hey-ooo!).

#3 Posted by mrfluke (5644 posts) -

the byrd emails that have "accidently" been sent to every contact has been the most amazing part of this whole thing for me, such a crazy story has been drawn out from that stuff.

#4 Posted by English (161 posts) -

This game has a great gameplay loop, nice visual design, an upgrade tree to work yourself up -- it's pretty awesome. Definitely worth the $3 for me.

#5 Edited by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

Any rumors of the game coming to Android or Steam?

#6 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (951 posts) -

Max Tempkin from Cards Against Humanity seems to be really into this.

Or maybe he's really sarcastic about it?

Either way, I'd want to play it, but I don't have any Apple stuff. I'll wait to see if it comes to Android though.

#7 Edited by Mysterysheep (399 posts) -

Anyone managed to get the last three fish? I was thinking maybe they're only around under certain conditions, but I can't seem to find them.

EDIT: Nevermind, got 'em.

#8 Posted by Metzo_Paino (350 posts) -

I'm enjoying this game so much. Definitely worth the price, which is almost nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.