Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rift

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

RIFT is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, developed by Trion Worlds.

Rift, and why you should be playing it.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By chiablo

I know what you're thinking... It's just another WoW, I have WoW, why would I want to play Rift, lol, L2P nub! 

Even the developers have admitted that yes, this is essentially WoW; but that is not a bad thing considering that WoW is the most successful MMO out there. If honda came out with a new car that looks just like all other cars, they won't get ridiculed for it because there is only so much that can be done with the tried-and-true formula. So what is different? Rifts, completely customizable class system, whole new world to explore, yadda yadda... nothing you haven't already heard.

The one thing that makes Rift so monumental and worth being recognized is the sheer amount of polish that has gone into this game. It's almost as if Rift was finished a year ago, and we're just now hearing about it. There is more end-game content present than in any other MMO to date, ranging from raid dungeons to multiple tiers of expert (heroic) dungeons, and Raid rifts. It's this level of polish and completeness that has gathered so much attention from gamers. Most players (myself included) jumped onto Rift because of word of mouth from friends. This is a great game with huge potential for growth, and you should be playing it.

I give it my wholehearted recommendation. If you like WoW but got tired of the bullcrap community, too-easy gameplay, or immature content... come play Rift with us. Until March 15th, they have discounted "founders" subscriptions, so you can get a monthly subscription for $11 or less (depending on the frequency of the payments.) We even have a guild who will welcome you with open arms, and touch you inappropriately!

Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lotus

All my friends are playing WoW, i think it comes down to that; also make my mind long time ago about my next MMO, GW2; but maybe i will give Rift a try, 10 days trial ready yet? 

Good luck with your guild tho.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gizmo

I really tried to get into the beta, but I realised after a short period of time that MMORPG (RPG?) gameplay is just completely tedious to me. I don't understand why this type of gameplay is still being placed in games by developers, not wanting to go out of their comfort zone perhaps? Pressing a few number keys and clicking right mouse button repeatedly does nothing for me. Rift seems to have a lot going for it, but the boring repetitive gameplay is something I've been done with for years.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

I do wonder why it is that in other genres, making a "me too" game is guaranteed success but any game that copies WOW is doomed to fail. WOW's content is not infinite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.