Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rift

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

RIFT is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, developed by Trion Worlds.

What North American server are GBers joining?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

I didn't see anything indicating what server GBers are congregating on for NA. Is there one people are already jumping into?

Update: 
    Since we have to pick servers at some point and nothing has apparently been chosen, yet, I'm going to go ahead and put the list of North American servers that GB members should congregate on, here (and maybe create a new topic that is less a question and more a statement). There really isn't any particular reason for choosing one over the other, so I've just taken the first suggestion and hopefully everyone else will run with it. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes.  For the remaining server categories below, just suggest which one it should be and I'll add it.

TypeServerFactionName (GB Name)
    PvP
     MolinarDefiant
     Branthog ( Quk ), Bucketdeth ( Bucketdeth ), Linkster7 (
    Zogle ), ( Tisuin )
    PvP
    ??
    ??

PvE
    ??
    ??

PvE RP
     Estrael Guardian
    ttocs ( Viryn )

I've listed PvP and PvE above and left room to add a server for the other faction. I haven't listed RP servers, but will if there is any demand.

Other than EVE, I usually don't stick with a particular MMO for very long. If there are a handful of GBers to play with, it might keep me in the game much longer. :)
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cornbredx

This seems to happen a lot with MMOs. Except maybe WoW.

If you don't find anybody you could try to start it up yourself. I tried that with DCUO but thats not quite as popular a subject so I just joined a random league (mainly because i dont know how to make a league in that).

I do want to try this game out eventually, so if a GB server is about for NA I'd love to know about it.... I'd play with GBers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I chose Molinar, it's a PVP server with medium load so no queue time. 

User name is Bucketdeth.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Branthog
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " I chose Molinar, it's a PVP server with medium load so no queue time. "
    Okay, that sounds good to me. If anyone wants to pick a PvE server, I'll change my post to include that, too (same for a PvP RP, etc).
    linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By linkster7
    @Branthog:
    Which faction are we going with ?
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Branthog
    @Linkster7 said:

" @Branthog:Which faction are we going with ? "

I'll most likely have a character in each faction, so I'll go with whatever everyone else wants.  Since Bucketdeth is already playing on that server, perhaps we should go with whatever he has already rolled as? (With a name like Bucketdeth, I have to presume Defiant, but we'll have to find out from him.)

As I understood, you could play both factions on the same server with the same account. If that's still true, perhaps there could be two GB groups on Molinar, if there are enough players? Otherwise, perhaps two servers should be chosen -- one for each faction.

My little brother (living with me while going to school) and I will probably be playing Defiant when together and Guardian, when not. Or other way around. Doesn't really matter.

@Bucketdeth said:

" I chose Molinar, it's a PVP server with medium load so no queue time.  User name is Bucketdeth. "

Servers seem to be down, so I can't check online - are you Defiant or Guardian?
    linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By linkster7

Ok, I would prefer Defiant. Always had a thing for the bad guys I guess.

By the way which level do we need to get to to create a Guild? I couldn't find any good info about it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Branthog
    @Linkster7 said:
    "

Ok, I would prefer Defiant. Always had a thing for the bad guys I guess.

By the way which level do we need to get to to create a Guild? I couldn't find any good info about it.

"
    Yeah, from what I'm reading in the RIFT forums, three is a tendency toward Defiant. Seems kind of odd, because most MMOs I've experienced have a heavy favoritism (by players, at least) to the "light" side. At least at launch. I suspect most GBers will be drawn toward that, too. Seems at least several of us want Defiant, so I'm going to go ahead and put "Defiant" as the faction on the table, and just hope that Bucketdeth is already rolled Defiant (or will re-roll Defiant, if needed, etc).

As for guild creation, I'm not sure. We can have the Guild name added to the RIFT wiki, but it doesn't indicate any additional requirements beyond that and I'm not sure if it is world-wide or if it's on a per-server basis (ie, if there would have to be multiple Guild names -- one per server used). From what I've read, it does look like the only requirements are that you have five people to form a guild and that you pay one platinum to obtain a charter. I don't think there are any other per-requisites.

I'm all for letting someone else deal with the actual Guild stuff, if they want. I don't have the Guild experience that most probably do, since my only grouping has really been in EVE for the past five years. I don't want to let anyone down for me being a newb at it. That said, I won't turn down the obligation if necessary, either. At least, until I could hand it off to someone better suited than I.

Also, I'll just pick some server for Guardians, once the servers are back up in a couple hours and add it to the table. That way people have something to aim for when they jump in, rather than randomly picking something and then coming here to find out everyone's on a different server.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Branthog said:
    " @Linkster7 said:

I'll most likely have a character in each faction, so I'll go with whatever everyone else wants.  Since Bucketdeth is already playing on that server, perhaps we should go with whatever he has already rolled as? (With a name like Bucketdeth, I have to presume Defiant, but we'll have to find out from him.)

As I understood, you could play both factions on the same server with the same account. If that's still true, perhaps there could be two GB groups on Molinar, if there are enough players? Otherwise, perhaps two servers should be chosen -- one for each faction.

My little brother (living with me while going to school) and I will probably be playing Defiant when together and Guardian, when not. Or other way around. Doesn't really matter.

@Bucketdeth said:

" I chose Molinar, it's a PVP server with medium load so no queue time.  User name is Bucketdeth. "

Servers seem to be down, so I can't check online - are you Defiant or Guardian? "
    Haha your right I chose Defiant, they seemed a little more of what I like.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Branthog
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Branthog said:
    " @Linkster7 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Servers seem to be down, so I can't check online - are you Defiant or Guardian? "
    Haha your right I chose Defiant, they seemed a little more of what I like. "
    I like a lot of what both offer, but Defiant represent my personal view on life a hell of a lot more and the "they're not evil; they're just non-conventionally seeking the same goal for everyone's good" part appeals. I'll definitely play a Guardian somewhere, once I know whether it can be done on the same server and under a GB guild or whether it has to be done under a separate instance of the guild on a totally separate server.

Oh, also, I like the music for Defiant better. :D
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ttocs

I'm playing a Guardian on the PvE RP server Estriant (I think that's what it is called).

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Branthog
    @ttocs said:
    " I'm playing a Guardian on the PvE RP server Estriant (I think that's what it is called). "
    I couldn't find that server in the shard list on the website.
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ttocs
    @Branthog said:
    " @ttocs said:
    " I'm playing a Guardian on the PvE RP server Estriant (I think that's what it is called). "
    I couldn't find that server in the shard list on the website. "
    Yeah, I butchered it...it's actually   Estrael 

I actually might be moving to   Shadefallen   though since I think it has a higher concentration of RP players.  Plus, I want the name I have on Estrael without deleting the character I created.  I think I'm going to make a Beastmaster tonight (on Shadefallen).
    linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By linkster7

Created my mage "Zogle" on  Molinar now.

Nutchos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nutchos

I'll be on a pvp server but I'd prefer to go Guardian.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ttocs
    @ttocs said:
    " @Branthog said:
    " @ttocs said:
    Yeah, I butchered it...it's actually   Estrael 

I actually might be moving to   Shadefallen   though since I think it has a higher concentration of RP players.  Plus, I want the name I have on Estrael without deleting the character I created.  I think I'm going to make a Beastmaster tonight (on Shadefallen). "
    To update my previous post, I decided to stay on Estrael.  I'm a level 10 Guardian Beastmaster/Riftblade/Champion at the moment named Viryn if anyone wants to join my server.  Always looking for people to talk to while playing, especially esteemed GiantBombers.
    linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By linkster7

Maybe post this again with another Topic name. Since everyone can join whatever server they want regardless of where they live, no need to split EU and US.
    Bring the attention of EU people to.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ttocs
    @Branthog said:
    " @ttocs said:
    Nice job with this thread.  That's a great idea to keep everything together like that.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Branthog

Hoping we'll get enough people on this server (Molinar) to justify this. Just dropped the 1P to setup the guild "GiantBomb". Look for "Quk" in-game on this server and I'll gladly send the invite.

Protonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Protonguy

I'm currently in a guild called Aenigma on Lotham. Fellow GB people are welcome to join us. Laid back group and all a decent bunch of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.