Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rift

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

RIFT is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, developed by Trion Worlds.

What to do with rift - where the bombers at?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

So one of my well meaning friends bought me a copy of rift for xmas.

By no means am i complaining about a free game, after all it was a present. However it was bought because my girlfriend mentioned to him that i am a WoW player and he decided to get me something in the safe 'like WoW' zone.

Right now i have no interest in Star Wars. I have nothing but loathing for the franchise and the 'wow in star wars clothing' element of it isn't enough to draw me away form my investment. But i am not against trying out new MMO's hell, i even played eve for a few years before WoW.

The issue i'm having is that right now my main Character on WoW is a rogue, and since the legendary weapon for rogues was introduced in 4.3 i've been hitting it hard making as much raiding progression as possible towards the daggers. Basically you need 393 total gem drops, these drop from 8 bosses in the newest raid added to the game and each drop will be a random amount from 3-9 gems. Given you can loot each boss once a week you can do the math and figure it's going to take some time.

Eventually i will accomplish this however, then probably take a lengthy break from the game, i've hit it up for far too much time of late and a change of scenery would do some good. At the same time Rift is kinda making me feel guilty just sitting there un-used.

So how should i do this? even jumping in to check out rift will start my 40 day subscription count down timer, so satisfying my curiosity will come at a price.

Is rift the kind of game you can casually jump in and out of? are there any words of advice with regards to starting/ playing rift? Is there a GB guild set up that is still active?

Cheers in advice for any replies and hope y'all had a great xmas! x

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I started playing it again thanks to the 3 free days due to their hacking. I don't know if servers are seperated out by region though.

You could always just sell the key? To be fair it's not a great game.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343
    @GunslingerPanda Rift is not a great game? It's arguably one of the best offerings in the genre.

Few developers have earned their monthly fee as much as Trion. 6 fantastic content patches in 12 months is pretty well unheard of for an MMORPG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.